12/17/06- 1:15pm. AK at Capacity - Entrance Closed

crazydaveh

I was at Down Town Disney this afternoon doing some shopping and man, that place was like a Bride's store on discount day! People were everywhere and it was just nuts! It was so bad, we left and went to another area place with rides, which was also packed!

And for those of you who are wondering why AK is packed... It's gotta be the love for P Whirl!

Cliff

AK was closed before 100:00am on the day it opened. I didn't care though, 'cause I was there at 4:30am that day!

I guess opening day doesn't count though!

Hooray for AK!!

CT :sohappy:

NIU EE

It was a 180 minute wait on Friday.

I don't believe that 180 minute wait time for Test Track. I was at EPCOT Friday and there was alot of weird stuff going on with wait times. CM's told me people fail to hand the loading cast members the red cards. Soarin was 120 minutes and 15 minutes later was listed at 40 minutes, with a real wait time of about 15 minutes(I walked back in the que just to see how long it was, and it was so short I just stayed in it. Test Track very quickly bounced from 180 back to 50. Friday was somewhat busier than the rest of the week, but didn't have any real lines to speak of.

SpongeScott

I don't believe that 180 minute wait time for Test Track. I was at EPCOT Friday and there was alot of weird stuff going on with wait times. CM's told me people fail to hand the loading cast members the red cards. Soarin was 120 minutes and 15 minutes later was listed at 40 minutes, with a real wait time of about 15 minutes(I walked back in the que just to see how long it was, and it was so short I just stayed in it. Test Track very quickly bounced from 180 back to 50. Friday was somewhat busier than the rest of the week, but didn't have any real lines to speak of.
To be honest, when we saw 180 minutes, we didn't even bother venturing over there. And at the same time, Soarin' was just 45 minutes. We even found red cards laying on the ground in queues.

pheneix

A little elaboration on DAK's capacity...

What happened today was not a new record. It was more of a case of the park going way, way over its projection, and as a result, the park was not ready for the crowds that came. For example, lots of vendor carts were not open, some rides didn't have the extra positions needed to handle extra crowds, etc.

That being said, it doesn't take away from the fact that the park is putting up some very impressive numbers. The new additions are paying off in a big, big way, and if things hold we will see more additions at the park. Its also serving as a wake-up call to management that big E-ticket attractions really do help out a theme park when they are done right.

mkepcotmgmak

I agree. If the park is hitting this number, that means either its popularity is increasing (1) at the expense of the other parks or (2) on its merits. Assuming it is mostly from the latter (which I think it is), it really would justify having some additional "night" offerings with which to extend the hours. Whether it's the BK idea or anything else, I think having an extension on the south west side (Camp Minniemickey) that focuses more on the "attractions" instead of the animals so that it can stay open without distrubing live animals (why I think the BK concept would work very well for this) would really bring this solidly into the #3 spot at WDW. Then, since it is struggling behind, we can put some effort into rebranding and retooling MGM! :drevil:

my thoughts exactly. i actually think this has a lot to do with the entire resort! i've heard a few things recently that would suggest that EE's success at dak is going to make a huge difference in new attractions, and how soon we may be seeing some (i'm not talking like this year, though...haha) but that's just "hear say"... but i wouldn't be surprised (note this is me talking only, no reliable source) if MGM didn't get something major soon... it needs new attractions really bad!

you also need to consider the two new attractions at dak that pulled Guests in - VERY WELL THEMED AND THOUGHT OUT... let's only hope that the other parks get something equal to nemo or EE... :)

Enderikari

Park capacities are kind of like daily attendance figures, anyone who really knows the REAL park capacities can get into serious trouble for saying said park capacities... Suffice it to say, the park capacities listed above (MK-85,000? EP-35,000? DAK - 33,000? MGM-45,000?) are at the very best, guesses... And not really good ones at that...(While not determining attendance entirely accurately, a good place to look is at Park Acreage)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom