12/17/06- 1:15pm. AK at Capacity - Entrance Closed

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You propagandist spin doctor you :fork: People's incomes dont adjust for inflation, least of all mine. I paid $0.89 a gallon back in 2000. I dont see inflation rising so much thatits now $2.30 a gallon.

Agreed. Thats almost a trippling in price per gallon in 6 years. My income has not trippled in 6 years.

Mansion Butler

Over Spring Break and Easter, those two busy weeks, the Magic Kingdom, while busy, was lower than expected because Animal Kingdom was pulling in so many guests.

The place is a pretty legitimate place to spend a day now, and there's plenty to do. And more on the way.

jmvd20

The place is a pretty legitimate place to spend a day now, and there's plenty to do. And more on the way.

Agreed, I have only been there once now but I think it is great place. We were there for a full day and never made it many of the attractions. We spent a few hours in the walk-through jungle alone. IMO they have, and continue to do a good job with the park.

kaos

That only happened on 12/31/1999, and even still I don't think DAK (which was yes, very crowded) ever actually reached capacity. DAK pretty much never reaches capacity (or I'd wage to say even comes close) for NYE, but this is no surprise given people tend to migrate towards parks with fireworks that night. On that one day, it is no indication at all on how popular (or unpopular) the park is. Studios rarely closes to capacity, as does Epcot (but that's more due to the sheer size of the park and how much it can hold.) The only place it it holds true that you can *expect* to be closed by 11am is Magic Kingdom, always, given, period.
I was in Epcot 12/31/99. The park gates were closed at 10:30am, and park passes were being stamped with that parks code on the back. I was still a CM at that time, and was told that park hopping was not being allowed that day. I was also told that Epcot had reached it's highest attendance mark ever that day at 95,000+. There were nominal waits for most attractions, but the reason for that was by the end of the second ToN parade, most people were saving spots around the lagoon for that nights Illuminations:2000 presentation (which was totally awesom, btw). We had it arranged with my family that we would each spend 1 hour saving our spot 2 at a time, and then switch to still enjoy the rest of the park. We wound up with a prime spot on the front rail of the Paris Promenade.
Anyways, getting back to the attendace figures, EC was closed @ 95,000+(fully staffed), MK was closed @ 85,000 (fully staffed), I never found out what MGM got closed at, and AK's parking lot presentation never reached capacity. I did hear that DD had lines to get into the stores and that PI was sold out long before 12/31/99.

Hope this helps.

PintoColvig

If the AK closed around 1:15 on that date then my family just made it in before they closed the gate. As soon as we arrived, we walked right into ITTBAB. Right after that, my son and I went to Dinosaur to get fastpasses (which we didn't use) and they were stamped with a 1:37 p.m. time.

How busy was it that day? Well, at the above time, the posted wait time was 20 minutes for Dinosaur. Right after that, I went over to Everest. I didn't see the wait time but it took me 15 minutes to get on through the Single Rider line, which was the longest I've had to wait in Singles. I also noticed that the Dino Dig area was covered up. We arrived 30 minutes early for the second to last showing of the Nemo Musical and found a somewhat lengthy line. We were able to get a seat on the second row of the upper section. The line for the last showing of Nemo stretched back beyond the big yellow dinosaur at Dinorama. At 6 p.m., I got back onto Everest through Standby with no more than a 5 min. wait. After that, we rode Kali. It was so slow that when we walked up to the waiting platform, we caught the CMs sitting down. When we left the park via Africa at 6:30 p.m., we were one of the few people left. Needless to say, it was busy at times on that day but I've seen AK far busier. :xmas:

NWDMD

Sorry if I'm a little late getting in on this topic, but we just got back from WDW. I was at animal kingdom on the 17th as proposed by touringplans.com. I didn't think it was all that busy, we were there in May of 2006 as well and I would have said that the 17th of December was less busy than May if I had to guess. We walked right on to Dinosaur, rode Expedition Everest 3 times (once by fast pass, once by the regular line, and once on the single rider) and we only waited maybe 25 minutes or so for Everest in the regular line. We also waited in line for the new Nemo musical that day. The showing around lunchtime had the line going clear back to Primevil whirl. We had lunch and then hopped in line for the next show and the line was right at the front of the theater so we were one of the first people in. We didn't have a problem getting on the safari either.... I'll admit we did skip kali river rapids (didn't want to walk around with wet socks all day). I honestly didn't feel like it was crowded at all. So if it really was at capacity, it is a nice park to be in for a capacity crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom