12/17/06- 1:15pm. AK at Capacity - Entrance Closed

dxwwf3

Come to think of it, my high school basketball team was at the AK today before their trip home after playing in a tournament down there. It will be interesting to hear about this first hand tonight.

lpet11984

ak_bris.jpg

Animal Kingdom, you are now a man

LOL :lol:

I can't believe it!!!! I never thought that Animal Kingdom could achieve capacity status even with the addition of Expedition Everest. With all of the open area in the park I would think that the capacity number would be higher than the rest of the other parks.

"Grow eyes for poachers."

Epcot82Guy

WOW! Great news! Thanks, Rob! This can only mean promising things for DAK's NEAR future!

I agree. If the park is hitting this number, that means either its popularity is increasing (1) at the expense of the other parks or (2) on its merits. Assuming it is mostly from the latter (which I think it is), it really would justify having some additional "night" offerings with which to extend the hours. Whether it's the BK idea or anything else, I think having an extension on the south west side (Camp Minniemickey) that focuses more on the "attractions" instead of the animals so that it can stay open without distrubing live animals (why I think the BK concept would work very well for this) would really bring this solidly into the #3 spot at WDW. Then, since it is struggling behind, we can put some effort into rebranding and retooling MGM! :drevil:

Epcot82Guy

30,000-35,000 is capacity.

True, but DAK doesn't have THAT much in the way of people holders when compared with MK or Epcot. So, to have it close at capacity, especially this much before Christmas is a good sign that tourism is up and that, frankly, the park can handle additional offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom