12/12 Expedition Everest Photo Update - Signs up

peter11435

Original Poster
Just back from a quick afternoon at AK. Everest was running and looks better everyday. Here are a few pics I took of the mountain and surroundering area.

Just click any of the images to see a much larger version.

Train making the turn.

peter11435

Original Poster
New E:E sign/banner above the main entrance to the attraction.

New sign/banner on the rocks. This is the attractions main sign.

They have made some changes around this building. It use to day just "Hotel Opening Next Season" the "Yeti Palace" part is new. They have also added many more bricks around the bottom. And a few stone tablets not pictured.

Thats all for this update, hope you all enjoy.

LSUxStitch

Very cool update, thanks.

I thought the sign would be bigger, but I think this way it fits in with its surroundings more.

peter11435

Original Poster
LSUxStitch said:
Very cool update, thanks.

I thought the sign would be bigger, but I think this way it fits in with its surroundings more.
Thanks, I too thought it would be bigger. But it looks good.

1disneydood

Great pics. TYVM

ee8.JPG

I've been seeing this "garden" in many of the shots. Any idea what they are and why they look like that, like a design or a maze or something?

Budke

peter11435 said:
Thanks, I too thought it would be bigger. But it looks good.

I think the mountain is visible enough that a large sign is somewhat redundant. It isn't like there are any other attractions nearby to compete with.

goofyfan13

Great pics! Thanks!

1disneydood said:
Great pics. TYVM

ee8.JPG

I've been seeing this "garden" in many of the shots. Any idea what they are and why they look like that, like a design or a maze or something?

Not sure about the pattern but the garden is a tea garden. Gotta love the little things they do for the story line.

peter11435

Original Poster
goofyfan13 said:
Great pics! Thanks!

Not sure about the pattern but the garden is a tea garden. Gotta love the little things they do for the story line.
Correct. Part of the Everest story involves an abandoned tea plantation. The steam donkey’s guest’s ride in were once used to transport the tea.

peter11435

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Very nice, I have one question, though: How loud is the ride (as heard from the village)?
Its not what I would say real loud, but you can definitely hear it. You can also hear a variety of other sounds coming from the mountain. I’m not sure if any of these are the Yeti or not.

yensidtlaw1969

The strange pattern is probably so the people of the village have acces to the inside of the crop so they can use more, rather than growing a big square where the entire inside would be wasted because no one could reach it to harvest it.

Or maybe I'm just being stupid.:slurp:

Yensid "GOOOOWAAAAAGARRRRRRAAAAARRRGH-=-the-sounds-of-the-yeti" tlaw1969

peter11435

Original Poster
brkgnews said:
Something tells me that the "150 Minutes" standby time won't be that far off on opening week.
:lookaroun
Thats nothing. I don't have a picture but the other day when I was there the Standby time was at 995 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom