12/12 Expedition Everest Photo Update - Signs up

peter11435

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
Excellent pics and I, for one, think that the main sign for the attraction is absolutely perfect.
Just one thing to add. You can't read it in the photo but the white sign that is just below the Everest sign on the rocks says "Beware the legend of the Forbidden Mountain." Beware is partialy covered by the E:E banner. Thus it reads "Expedition: Everest Legend of the Forbidden Mountain" the attractions full title.

peter11435

Original Poster
WDWFantasmic said:
Not sure if my eyes are the best but is the main sign for Everest made out of a cloth like fabric or is it a paper like poster?
I am almost certain it is made of some type of cloth. Most likely it’s canvas.

dxwwf3

peter11435 said:
Just one thing to add. You can't read it in the photo but the white sign that is just below the Everest sign on the rocks says "Beware the legend of the Forbidden Mountain." Beware is partialy covered by the E:E banner. Thus it reads "Expedition: Everest Legend of the Forbidden Mountain" the attractions full title.

OH MAN! Perfect! I love little touches like that. One of my favorite signs has just got alot better. I'll get to see it first hand in a day or two.

WDWFantasmic

peter11435 said:

The only type of problem is that the cloth could get ripped/dirty over periods of rain so is it permanent? Most rides have signs made out of wood or rock.

peter11435

Original Poster
WDWFantasmic said:
The only type of problem is that the cloth could get ripped/dirty over periods of rain so is it permanent? Most rides have signs made out of wood or rock.
Im sure they will replace if it starts to look bad. I am also sure that they (WDI) thought this through and have used a very durable material. I wouldn't worry about that at this point.

peter11435

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
OH MAN! Perfect! I love little touches like that. One of my favorite signs has just got alot better. I'll get to see it first hand in a day or two.
I agree. It really is great. This entire attraction, specifically the village is looking spectacular.

goofyfan13

peter11435 said:

I saw it yesterday and would have to agree with you one the canvas thing, but I too am not 100% sure as to what type of cloth it is...

WDWFantasmic said:

I wouldn't worry about things like that too much, I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing...

imagineersrock

Thanks for the update, Peter.

I for one LOVE the entrance sign to the attraction. While rather subtle, it definitely serves the purpose. Looking closely at the picture, I was able to tell the Everest banner was covering up a smaller sign that read something to the extent of "beware of..." -which I already found a neat touch- but the fact that between the two it actually reads out the attraction's full title is very clever! What a nice touch.

Coastercameron

Does anyone know why Disney is back to using the old flip number style signs on this ride rather than the red LED wait time/fast pass/return time displays?

imagineersrock

Coastercameron said:
Does anyone know why Disney is back to using the old flip number style signs on this ride rather than the red LED wait time/fast pass/return time displays?
I think it's simply aesthetics... Actually, I'm pretty sure they dont use the LED ones in the park at all except for Dinoland.

brkgnews

Or cement specially made to look like wood or rock :D I love the work those concrete artists do.

By the way -- as for the 995 minutes -- how disturbing is it that they actually make the sign go that high? 16.5 hours!!! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom