$114 for Disney Studios

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not exactly. There was GMR, there was the Backstage and Animation Tour, and Superstar Television, if memory serves, and that's about it. Indy opened later that summer, Star Tours in December, Muppet Vision and BatB in 91, Little Mermaid in 92, and ToT didn't open until '94.

Depends on how you want to praise the park-then or now version. GMR was not a quick 3 minute ride. A bit over twenty. I am guessing the Tower, Tours, Rockin and Toy do not combined reach 22 minutes of the lost GMR. The original back lot tram tour was over 30 minutes. What was lost had far more ride time.

The Studio is a park that needs so much love beyond StarWars and Toystory. There is only so many times many can sit still and watch Indy over the decades without a new story line. Same several decades later The Little Mermaid, it is beyond painful to endure. Their projections are in pitiful condition. So many things that make that the Studios a 2 hour park at best for us these days. During Irma we came in only to see Fantasmic and left. It was also in a sorry state...the screen projections are so bad now if you haven't seen it umpteen times you couldn't guess or make out what the projects were. So that day it was an hour and out. We are AP holders but I wouldn't waste a non hopper park ticket in that park. I wish they would have just shut it down and got on with renovating the whole park and gotten it over with.

The studios are more painful to endure now than the announcement to opening of Avatarland. I'm pretending the updating of Epcot can be more timely. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Matt_Black

Depends on how you want to praise the park-then or now version. GMR was not a quick 3 minute ride. A bit over twenty. I am guessing the Tower, Tours, Rockin and Toy do not combined reach 22 minutes of the lost GMR. The original back lot tram tour was over 30 minutes. What was lost had far more ride time.

So, 20 minutes for GMR, we'll give the combined Backlot and Animation tour a full hour, to be safe, and then maybe another half hour for Superstar TV. About 2 hours. Admittedly, it would still be a full day park because of all the waiting in line in the pre-Fast Pass days, but STILL.

Or, to put it another way, "The Golden Age was never the present age, Mr. Twain."

Gabe1

So, 20 minutes for GMR, we'll give the combined Backlot and Animation tour a full hour, to be safe, and then maybe another half hour for Superstar TV. About 2 hours. Admittedly, it would still be a full day park because of all the waiting in line in the pre-Fast Pass days, but STILL.

Or, to put it another way, "The Golden Age was never the present age, Mr. Twain."
And there ya have it. You find great interest and value in the 2017 offerings for the studios Yay for you! Me very much the polar opposite in the Studios with its current condition and offerings. To each their own love. Me I find the value and condition of the MK more meets my Disney Expectations for a full day park. We just have different views

Matt_Black

And there ya have it. You find great interest and value in the 2017 offerings for the studios Yay for you! Me very much the polar opposite in the Studios with its current condition and offerings. To each their own love. Me I find the value and condition of the MK more meets my Disney Expectations for a full day park. We just have different views

I never said it did; however, trying to paint opening day DHS like it somehow wasn't under construction with only a handful of operating attractions is remarkably disingenuous.

Gabe1

I never said it did; however, trying to paint opening day DHS like it somehow wasn't under construction with only a handful of operating attractions is remarkably disingenuous.

Hmmm....I can't find where I stated that MGM on opening day did not have construction still happening??? So I don't know where you are pulling that thought process from.

Disingenuous? Really? We have polar opposite views of the studios value and quality of attractions, really that is OK on my part. No need to start to get personal. I am fine with the idea that others have opposing views of the studios, it is just my take on opening day 1/2 day park now a 1/4 day park. No more, no less. Its what makes the forums the forums.

Damon7777

Original Poster
Sigh, not this again. Clearly, no one should ever buy a 1 day ticket to any of the parks...even the Magic Kingdom. It's simply too expensive on a one day basis. Stay 6 days and your per day expense is extremely reasonable for non stop entertainment.

Get off the soap box about 1 day ticket prices in general. DHS is a mess, but people have been using this shallow argument for years. It didn't make sense before DHS was a ghost town and doesn't make sense now.

Where to begin? ......just too much wrong with one posting.

1) there are many times whereby doing a one day, one park visit is expected and appropriate.
2) you scold others by telling them not to offer opinions---on a message board of all places-- pretty absurd, don't ya think?!?
3)as long as one day ticket pricing is available analysing/dissecting/discussing it is fair game.
4)it looks like you're saying that few people are going to the Studios but the Studios is not a ghost town.....and I can only think of one general time in its history that it was approaching that: the few months after 911.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

Where to begin? ......just too much wrong with one posting.

1) there are many times whereby doing a one day, one park visit is expected and appropriate.
2) you scold others by telling them not to offer opinions---on a message board of all places-- pretty absurd, don't ya think?!?
3)as long as one day ticket pricing is available analysing/dissecting/discussing it is fair game.
4)it looks like you're saying that few people are going to the Studios but the Studios is not a ghost town.....and I can only think of one general time in its history that it was approaching that: the few months after 911.
Where to begin?

1) I thought we were all giving opinions, including situations where I might disagree with you. I don't need to put a "this is my opinion" disclaimer in every post. It's given.
2) I think your post is riddled with wrong assumptions.
3) I think I'm right...a 1 day ticket would almost never make sense to Studios, so quoting a 1 day ticket price at DHS is purely for shock value.
4) I never said DHS wasn't visited. It's being visited because people have multi-day tickets. By Ghost Town, I meant in terms of ride offerings, not guests.
5) I never told anyone not to offer an opinion.

Goofyernmost

Here's my problem with that. The family and I are cruising early next year. We are spending one day there once we get off the boat. My daughters are three and I like to keep them entertained. We will hit one park so they can have some fun. I also need to continue my yearly streak. If I had more time, I would buy a multi day ticket. Since they don't offer non-expiring tickets, there isn't much I can do.
Yes, but the question was... Who in their right mind would spend that much for a day ticket in DHS? Since you have one day you have three other parks to go to that will be worth the money. As a secondary destination DHS with a multi-day ticket it just blends into the overall price of the multi-day ticket. You can make it whatever you want. $4.00 OK, that will work just take the rest of the cost and add it to the other parks that are worth it and chances are it will still be less then $114.00 per day.

Last edited:

beachlover4444

With its current attraction lineup coupled with the boarded up areas---excluding those who have money to burn---is there any sane person who would shell out $114 for a single day there?

I would think very few would do such a thing. If it weren't for the AP program and hopper features at $114 that place would be a ghost town.
that park isnt work 75 bucks a day right now. people only go there because they buy multi day park hopping tickets

beachlover4444

i believe that a main reason they were selling that 4 day 4 park ticket was to get people to stay at that park a whole day because you had to. we did all 4 parks, 1 park per day because that was a cheap ticket for us but that park is not worth full admission right now.

POLY LOVER

With its current attraction lineup coupled with the boarded up areas---excluding those who have money to burn---is there any sane person who would shell out $114 for a single day there?

I would think very few would do such a thing. If it weren't for the AP program and hopper features at $114 that place would be a ghost town.

You know my first gut reaction would be to say I agree. However I went to DHS yesterday and I did manage to spend an entire day there. It really wasn't so bad.

POLY LOVER

And I'll bet it didn't cost you $114.00 either did it?
No it didn't but had it, I would have considered getting my money's worth. I did the frozen sing along for the first time and was very surprised how entertaining it was. The two story tellers had us all laughing big time.

Damon7777

Original Poster
If I were faced with having to pay for one of the following: $114 for one day Studios or $114 for one standard dinner menu entre with one domestic beer at Olive Garden

......I might well go for food option.

NelleBelle

Sorry to jump off the $$ topic of HS, but I'll admit I'm not always up to speed on all the happenings at WDW. Can someone tell me what's going on with the lake??

JTT

For $114, you can get an entire day at the park. Shows, rides, parades and everything else.
Have you priced other forms of entertainment? Go to a 3 hour NFL game, chances are you will pay more than $114.
A touring Broadway play, you will definitely pay more than $114.
Most people don't go for one day, so the price is less. But even for one day, break down the price per hour and in comparison it's a good deal.

Joseph Megrey

We are DVC members and go/have gone at least every year since 1988. We've NEVER spent more that 1/2 day at Studios. Always PH that day - maybe come back to ride RNRRC or TOT again or see Fantasmic.

StarkelBL

Disney should have kept the Great Movie Ride open until at least Toy Story Land opened. This park needs the additional ride in the interim. Lack of experiences makes me want to hop out of this park instead of waiting around for Fantasmic.

Damon7777

Original Poster
Movie Ride,
that's ultimately what got me to start this topic. Prior to its closure I felt the Studios, compared to the other 3 parks, was far inferior already. Even though I welcome the change out due to the Movie Ride's outdated feel, I just can't excuse the absolutely poor timing of its closure. 4 rides now. That's criminal for a park that does not rely on outstanding architecture and grounds and is approaching 30 years old.

Better for me if they would have closed the entire park for 1 year(or as needed), overhaul Rock n Roller with a more relevant theme/group, get the Movie Ride replacement of Micky's coaster operational, deal with the unresolved Twilight Zone issues on TOT, finish Toy Story Land. Get out the paint can and go to work on the existing structures. Might as well shut down its neighbor Caribbean Beach while they're at it. Reopen when it's a real park again so it can be a bonafide full day experience while 1/2 of the globe waits for Galaxy Edge.

During its closure offer extended hours at the other 3 parks and some cost incentives. Ya, like any of this ever had a remote chance of happening.

Last edited:

Aqueeta

I sell Insurance at a AAA office in Florida. You would not believe how many 1 day tickets we sell every day. Some people don't know or can afford the day and don't mind.
I bet 90% of those purchases are to the college-aged locals who head straight to Epcot's WS to get plastered and make fools of themselves.

TDO should increase single-day tickets even further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom