$114 for Disney Studios

Seabasealpha1

We bought multiple-day tickets and just burned the HS ticket day on MK instead...I still feel no guilt.

Of course I've been in the "shut 'er down until finished" camp personally for some time.

There's a part of me that wonders if the new stuff and "park makeover" would be done sooner if they had just closed the gates until they finished...

Damon7777

Original Poster
4 rides after approaching 30 years-- a disgrace to be sure. Furthermore all 4 are not special or unique but found elsewhere. Nothing in the very limited ride lineup to anchor the park as a unique experience.

At least the Great Movie Ride boasted of large capacity, had impressive length and stuffed to the gills with figures and some nice show sets and was a unique experience.....but no more.

Last edited:

MickeyMomV

Regardless of price I would like to see the stats of anybody paying for a 1 day ticket at either HS or AK. Personally I just don't think it happens. MK for sure and Epcot, yes but the other 2, I just don't think so. We will make a couple of stops in HS on our next trip because with hopper pricing its less than $31/person for each 1/2 day that we spend there (for us it will be less once we upgrade the hoppers to AP's). If people go to WDW for one day they are spending it at either MK or Food and Wine, not the other 2 parks.

The fact this thread is still going boggles my mind......

Pixieish

Regardless of price I would like to see the stats of anybody paying for a 1 day ticket at either HS or AK. Personally I just don't think it happens. MK for sure and Epcot, yes but the other 2, I just don't think so. We will make a couple of stops in HS on our next trip because with hopper pricing its less than $31/person for each 1/2 day that we spend there (for us it will be less once we upgrade the hoppers to AP's). If people go to WDW for one day they are spending it at either MK or Food and Wine, not the other 2 parks.

The fact this thread is still going boggles my mind......

It really surprises me how often I see people passing up on ParkHoppers...even when our youngest was in a stroller, we hopped.

jloucks

You can't say it's per day because the admission price doesn't stay at $114 for each day on a multiday ticket.

Anyway, price out any other theme park or vacation destination and you'll see Disney is a pretty good value. You'd pay a lot more to go to Hawaii with a family of 4 and literally stare at each other on the beach all day.

Hawaii has lots of stuff. They have volcano(s), magicians, helicopters, and an aquarium. And loo ows, luaus, lu ouhs, however you spell it.

A family of six was only about $26,000 for 2 weeks. Yea, helicopter rides are expensive. Worth it tho, highly recommend.

Also, rent a house. Way 'cheaper'.

Goofyernmost

The OP is referring to the current state of the part and the $114.00 being worth it. My comment was in reference to the current park and I would not recommend it to someone now. I was recently asked from an Adult and they were not interested in the "kiddie" MK. As you probably know it doesn't pay to argue with someone like this and recommended EPCOT.
It still is a matter of who you are talking to about it. People have set ways and the best one can do is give your honest advice. For first timer adults, there is still plenty of things to do in DHS. Not as much as there will be when TSL and SWL are open, but, those attractions have never been there in the past anyway, what they are replacing was hardly a huge draw, just a time user for those that have been before. If a first timer asked me about whether or not it is worth the admission for just a one day ticket then I would probably say... no. Save that visit for a couple of years from now. And that is all that any of us can do short of standing in front of the entrance and physically holding them back.

Chef Mickey

Hawaii has lots of stuff. They have volcano(s), magicians, helicopters, and an aquarium. And loo ows, luaus, lu ouhs, however you spell it.

A family of six was only about $26,000 for 2 weeks. Yea, helicopter rides are expensive. Worth it tho, highly recommend.

Also, rent a house. Way 'cheaper'.
I've been to Hawaii. Beautiful place with somewhat overrated beaches (it can't help it, the ocean is too cold for my liking)...more expensive than Disney.

22 day vacation????? Good for you. I want your job, both for the salary to afford it and the ability to take 22 days off. I was just there for 3 days and that nearly put me in the freaking poor house.

Yeah, fortunately I work for myself and it’s for a special occasion. I haven’t taken a vacation for a while to be able to do it. It’s an expensive time, but imho it’s worth it overall.

addacollier

Last year, I was in Paris and bought a 1 day park hopper for Parc Disneyland & WD Studios for $36. And both parks were empty. Paris in the fall might be an idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom