100 YoM Gone

wdwkid17

I will miss those little opening segments that went on before select shows and attractions. It would build up excitment in me before the show even starts................

Do u know what I'm talking about???

We share a dream come true!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by wdwkid17
I will miss those little opening segments that went on before select shows and attractions. It would build up excitment in me before the show even starts................

Do u know what I'm talking about???

We share a dream come true!

Those had one tremendous flaw...they should have been the real quotes from Walt, not someone else's voice-over of them.

It's been a part of you, it's been a part of me, a part of growing up together, sharing a dream come true.

We share a dream come true.

We share a dream come true.

Now I get to visit The Whole New World of the Disneyland Resort!

mickey04

I think I'll miss the little things most, the banners, the logos on the monorails (and everything else), the "Share A Dream Come True" song, and just the feeling of being there for a celebration (of course there will be others).

But one thing I will really miss is the "Discover the Stories Behind the Magic" kiosks. I don't know what I like so much about them, whether it was Mickey's voice guiding you along, the idea of filling in the park, or testing my Walt Disney knowlege. I think that they should keep them, updating them every now and again with new questions and stories. What do ya think? I don't expect it to happen, just an idea.

Hawk

Does anyone know if the flashing banners that were hanging from the trees in Epcot, are for sale anywhere, i'd love to own one of them,

goofyfan13

I thoght this celebration was great overall and I will truly miss the entire thing. The banners however were a big favorite of mine and the fact that I will never be able to see the Tapestry of Dreams again makes me upset, but maybe they will create a better parade to put in its place. (I hope) Hawk, I heard that the banners first would go on sale to Cast Members only and thereafter they would possibly go on sale to the public on ebay, that is if there are any left. Can anyone elaborate on this? I could be wrong but just as long I can get one I really don't care! :sohappy:

celestia

Originally posted by Hawk
Does anyone know if the flashing banners that were hanging from the trees in Epcot, are for sale anywhere, i'd love to own one of them,

check disney auctions
they always have stuff like that posted there.
it might not be for awhie though
(they are still selling older celebration stuff)

ToTBellHop

well, obviously the 100 Years of Magic banners will go away, but that doesn't mean the new banners won't still have those kewl sparkling lights...

celestia

Originally posted by Hawk
i've found it,

Glad you found it!
I just checked it out and there are none up yet, but don't give up hope, they will probably go for fairly cheap too. (well, compared to some other things sold there :lol: )

My guess is some will be sold at property control (to cast members) and the rest will be archived or put up to auction.

Good luck!

Davis224

Original Poster
Originally posted by surfsupdon
I will miss the lighted banners all around the parks and the walkway from Epcot resorts to Epcot and MGM. Very Disney atmosphere they were!!!!

Absolutely, the atmosphere they created were awesome!

The MGM studios were the center of the celebration because that was Walts first love, cinema and animation. True he only had a hand in the final design of MK, but MGM was the closest to his lifestyle and what he loved the most. The Theatre, The cinema

Figment1986

Finally, another celebration over. SAheash, now to be happier. Well maby I-4 will be less crowded when i go over to orlando to help out with friends of mine soon.

Oh and Tapestry of Dreams:cry: :cry:

(It is almost gone)

Hawk

Just bumping this up, did anyone manage to buy any of the 100YoM flashing banners? if so where from, and are there any still for sale?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom