100 Years of Magic Pins

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Here is a photo of the Disney Studios Sorcerer Hat one. As of 8/17/01, this is the only light up pin out at the time.

Attachments

• i-1[3].jpg
    i-1[3].jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 232

JAY-ROD

I went to the pin trading meet last week and saw the new pin thats coming out in october. That has the light and the one that intracts with the rides and parades. Its going to run about 16 dollars i think.

DisJosh

Cool......gotta get some of those. How do they interact with rides? Do they light up when your near the ride?

MrPromey

Originally posted by Kevin
Ok, so how does it light up? It doesn't look like what I thought it would. Those 3 holes are the lights?

Yes, the three "holes" are where it lites up, there are LED lights that shine through from the back side with a little switch to turn it on and off. I'll scan a picture of the back side and post it so you can see...

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ebay said that the person who sold me the pin would sent on Monday and here I am Friday, pinless. I ordered the 100 Years of Magic logo pin (Mickey & the Gang painting the 100 (not pictured)) and the Sorcerer Hat pin (light up). I can't wait a whole weekend!

MrPromey

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Ebay said that the person who sold me the pin would sent on Monday and here I am Friday, pinless. I ordered the 100 Years of Magic logo pin (Mickey & the Gang painting the 100 (not pictured)) and the Sorcerer Hat pin (light up). I can't wait a whole weekend!

Hope you didn't pay too much for them, there Moose. They aren't LE's and some people down here are practically scalping them :( I'd have been happy to pick them up for you at face value and just charge you shipping - guess it's a little late for that now though, eh? Hopefully you got a good deal though :)

MrPromey

BTW, if you are into the pins. A great place to go for info about them is www.dizpins.com

They have no OFFICIAL affiliation to Disney but Disney leaks all the pin info to them. There is a reason for this and if anyone cares, I'll be happy to elaborate as to why they release info that Disney doesn’t but I'm going to save myself the typing in case nobody is interested, OK :)

MrPromey

Here is the scan of the back of that pin that I said I'd send. You will probably be pleasantly surprised when you get it because it looks a lot nicer in your hand than it does on that scan/picture. They never show up well like that because the gold outlines reflect and show up as black...

Attachments

• pinback.jpg
    pinback.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 174

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I got the pin on Saturday. It looks great but too bad I won't be able to use it for awhile. I don't want to waste the battery so I put away til December 2002 when we go down.

How does the thing work? I know it will light up at certain points but do you have to turn the on switch on or does it do it automatically? Help me out!

MrPromey

Sorry Moose, that is not one of the interactive pins.. They won't be released till the celebration... It's a nice light up pin but it isn't designed to work with the parades or any of the other events. It's just a nice light up pin commemorating the 100 year celebration. You'll notice that it has the hat on it which is the icon for the even, but it doesn't say anything about MGM on it... It's still a cool pin though. :)

MrPromey

Originally posted by MrPromey
Sorry Moose, that is not one of the interactive pins.. They won't be released till the celebration... It's a nice light up pin but it isn't designed to work with the parades or any of the other events. It's just a nice light up pin commemorating the 100 year celebration. You'll notice that it has the hat on it which is the icon for the even, but it doesn't say anything about MGM on it... It's still a cool pin though. :)

Oh, and did I mention that it's a nice pin?

MrPromey

Sorry, to be honest I really don't remember all that well. There was a lot going on the day that I saw them... The only think I really remember about seeing them was that they were large for a Disney pin and that they were being controlled with what looked like a jumbo, automatic garage door opener. Tramp was there too, he might be able to provide you with more info on how they looked...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom