100 Years of Magic Pins

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I called WDW Merchandising today about acquiring the 5 new 100 Years of Magic pins that are going on sell to commemorate the celebration since I won't be going down till December 2002 and wanted to make sure I had them when I go down. They said to call them closer to October 1st. Anybody have news about the pins or how I can get them? I want to get the new Disney Store 100 Years of Dreams pins.

Mattore

Some of the pins are actually being sold already, I almost bought one last night at Downtown Disney. They are not widely available -- but if you have a friend down here that can buy you one, that's probably your best bet. And there is always eBay....

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I guess i can add that to the list of stuff to buy next month when i go down.....oh well....i'm not going there to save money i guess :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'll just buy a whole bunch of them and then hold them until the celebration is over....then...EBAY.....muahahaha....j/k

I'd never be a jerk like that....maybe

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Announcement

Accourding to a person at WDW Merchandising who is a good friend of ours, she told us that they will not be selling the pins through WDW Merchandising since they are only sold at the kiosks. They have only released the Disney Studios Sorcerer Hat as of now and will release the others one at a time.

BUMMER:( :mad: :(

Tramp

Re: Announcement

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Accourding to a person at WDW Merchandising who is a good friend of ours, she told us that they will not be selling the pins through WDW Merchandising since they are only sold at the kiosks. They have only released the Disney Studios Sorcerer Hat as of now and will release the others one at a time.

BUMMER:( :mad: :(

MickeyMoooooose.....

I have extras of the silly Sorcerer's hat that blinks that I picked up for friends that I don't like....(everyone has friends they don't really like)...

I'll hold one aside for you and if you can't get the damn thing, let me know....ok....they were $15 plus tax.....shipping is $20....Sound fair?

Forget getting anything limited thru WDW Sales...they don't sell limited editions mail order....sucks huh?

There's gonna be some "interactive" pins released later this year and next year that will activate at certain rides and during the electrical parade at night....they should be pretty cool...some of the female cast members are hoping they'll vibrate....(don't know why...)

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks Tramp! You're a real friend! My family will consider it. We just bought one on Ebay for $21 but I might want another to give to my brother for Christmas. We will let you know when we make a decision. :)

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks anyway Tramp, but we won't be needing that pin. You can give it to somebody else. Thank You anyway though. Very nice of you.

MrPromey

Originally posted by mightyduck
I saw one of the hat pins that lights up... it's $15 and seems pretty cool. :) I didn't buy it, though... :(

The sorcerers hat pin is not one of the "special" parade light up pins. I think the ones that MightyDuck was referring to were the ones that were previewed at the big Pin Event that was going on in Epcot while she was there. I saw them too and they look pretty cool. They had what looked like a souped up garage door remote controlling them. WDW has it's on division exclusively for the pin events and pin merchandising. In many cases neither merchandising or special events knows a lot about what's going on because the pin thing has sort of spun off into it's own little thing...Mightyduck was right in saying that they will sell for $15 and I'm pretty sure that they said these pins would be released open stock in October.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The Sorcerer Hat one IS a light up pin. It represents the Disney Studios Park. I preview it in a picture and it does have lights.

MrPromey

Mickey Moose, I think you need to go back and read my post again before you start using bold and capital letters with me. I never said the pin didn't light up. It sure does. I know because I have one - I bought it last week when it was released - but it is not one of the special light up ones that works with the parades and special events. The light-up pins in and of themselves are nothing new. The ones that have the radio receiver chip in them are though and the hat is not one of those. They will not be released until the start of the 100 years event. That is what the people in charge of all pin activities within WDW said about it last week. Since they are in fact the ones that make these decisions, I tend to believe them.

Tramp

Originally posted by MrPromey
I bought it last week when it was released - but it is not one of the special light up ones that works with the parades and special events.

Mr. P...

I saw the pins last week at the Pin Convention too...they looked huge and they'll be a BIG hit....people love interactive stuff ...and getting a pin AND a toy will be a bargain...something different from those flashlights and fiber optic toys they sell now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom