100 Years of Magic Pins

MrPromey

Originally posted by Tramp

Mr. P...

I saw the pins last week at the Pin Convention too...they looked huge and they'll be a BIG hit....people love interactive stuff ...and getting a pin AND a toy will be a bargain...something different from those flashlights and fiber optic toys they sell now.

Yes, I fully agree and the price isn't all that bad either. I'd rather spend the $15 and have a cool pin to show for it (and I'm not just saying this because I'm a pin geek) than one of those silly/stupid spinning things with the lights at the ends and a character in the middle for $12. I think they are going to go over really well..

kayarei

what are the new pins made out of? from the pictures they look kinda' like those pins given bartenders when a beer/liquor company is having a special promo (you know, with the little blinking lights). please tell me they aren't as cheap as those.

MrPromey

Originally posted by kayarei
what are the new pins made out of? from the pictures they look kinda' like those pins given bartenders when a beer/liquor company is having a special promo (you know, with the little blinking lights). please tell me they aren't as cheap as those.

No, they aren't buttons! They are actual brass backed pins. - Like the kind that would go on, say a lapel only these may be a little too big for a lapel...

MrPromey

Yes, they are pretty cool. I think you will like them. Being priced at $15 they are the same price as the normal light-up pins. I just hope that demand doesn't outstrip supply. When nice pins come out they tend to disappear right away and that is with mostly just the collectors buying them.

Maria

How much would you be willing to pay for pins that were exclusive for Cast Members? I have some, and one that comes to my mind now, is a silver one with the Mickey hands on Spaceship Earth, very nice, that was given for the Millennium Celebration.

I´m just being curious... maybe I could be rich selling my "memories"! ;)

Maria

I just remembered something else.... Did any of you buy those mosaics made of "pins of the day" during Millennium Celebration?

Do any of you know how well did that go? I am not sure of how succesful that whole thing was.... the mosaics were too big to own them all, not to mention expensive! Plus, some of the pins sold out and they didn´t bring more, so people were stuck with a mosaic with a hole, trying to find the missing piece!

Thanks for your replies.... :)

MrPromey

Originally posted by Maria
I just remembered something else.... Did any of you buy those mosaics made of "pins of the day" during Millennium Celebration?

Do any of you know how well did that go? I am not sure of how succesful that whole thing was.... the mosaics were too big to own them all, not to mention expensive! Plus, some of the pins sold out and they didn´t bring more, so people were stuck with a mosaic with a hole, trying to find the missing piece!

Thanks for your replies.... :)

No, the mosaics didn't go over all that well. They were silk screened with a clear epoxy dome which is generally considered to be a cheaper pin that yellows with age. There was also the little problem of them not having enough of all of them. There were a few people that would buy the one released on the day that they were there but not too many. The pins looked sort of stupid individually and couldn't be used for much. About the only way to have gotten the set in a decent manner would have been to go with the framed editions which is probably the only way that Disney should have released them...

MrPromey

How much would you be willing to pay for pins that were exclusive for Cast Members? I have some, and one that comes to my mind now, is a silver one with the Mickey hands on Spaceship Earth, very nice, that was given for the Millennium Celebration.

I´m just being curious... maybe I could be rich selling my "memories"! ;)

That would be the one that came with a little card from Al Weiss?.. I haven't seen it around for a while now. In it's prime, it was selling for as much as $100 but since the Millennium celebration is now over and people aren't as hot to get it, it's probably worth anywhere from $30-$60 depending on who it is and how badly they want it - still not too bad considering how much you paid for it though, right? :)

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisJosh
They're pins ppl! PINS! lol $60?! for a pin.........:rolleyes: :D

The original official LE Cast Member Pin Trader Pin that was given out at the beginning of the millennium celebration as an award pin - the one with the exact pin trader logo with nothing else - has sold for over $200 and is still the most overall sought after Disney pin. At the events there have been things sold on auction for a lot more than that. Josh, you should check out Ebay at http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/list/category137/index.html
They have an entire section for Disney stuff that breaks down into over a dozen categories. The pins are actually one of the cheaper categories... You've obviously never been to a Disneyana convention and seen old cereal boxes (like from the 60's) featuring pictures of Disneyland go for $150+. Many people look at Disney collectable as an investment.. It's quite possibly the oldest pop-culture brand that has never gone down in popularity in regards to the collectable market. In fact, the market was created out of demand well over half a century ago. It was only about fifteen years or so ago that Disney even began to recognize that this kind of a market even existed...

Maria

Originally posted by MrPromey

That would be the one that came with a little card from Al Weiss?.. I haven't seen it around for a while now. In it's prime, it was selling for as much as $100 but since the Millennium celebration is now over and people aren't as hot to get it, it's probably worth anywhere from $30-$60 depending on who it is and how badly they want it - still not too bad considering how much you paid for it though, right? :)

Yep, I think that is the one I have. I didn´t pay anything for it! It was given away one day during a little expo only for Cast Members, displaying the new pins for the Millennium Celebration before Mouse Gear opened and Millennium Central. I knew that it was a limited edition pin and they only made 5,000 of them, so I rushed to get it.

I´ve seen crazyness about pins when the Millennium Celebration pin exclusive for Annual Pass Holders was given away on the previews of Millennium Village. I was working in Guest Relations and those pins were only given to the passholders who visited MillVill during the extra hours (after park closing) that the place was gonna be open only for them, on several specific days, so whoever didn´t go on those hours and days, didn´t get a pin. A month later, people were still complainning and asking for their pin (which was a huge one with the RoE barge, limited edition), and there were no more pins! Honestly, some days, you just wanted to cry, because all you heard all day was people yelling at you for a pin!
Has any of you seen/got it? I heard it was also an expensive one on Ebay, but I never check there...

How much for a nametag, apron from Food and Wine Festival, One Year CM Pin, Limited Edition Poster of Tarzan, Test Track Preview cap, MillVill CM pin, etc..... lol :D I see a businness oportunity here.... hahaha ;) :cool:

MrPromey

Yep, I think that is the one I have. I didn´t pay anything for it! It was given away one day during a little expo only for Cast Members, displaying the new pins for the Millennium Celebration before Mouse Gear opened and Millennium Central. I knew that it was a limited edition pin and they only made 5,000 of them, so I rushed to get it.

I´ve seen crazyness about pins when the Millennium Celebration pin exclusive for Annual Pass Holders was given away on the previews of Millennium Village. I was working in Guest Relations and those pins were only given to the passholders who visited MillVill during the extra hours (after park closing) that the place was gonna be open only for them, on several specific days, so whoever didn´t go on those hours and days, didn´t get a pin. A month later, people were still complainning and asking for their pin (which was a huge one with the RoE barge, limited edition), and there were no more pins! Honestly, some days, you just wanted to cry, because all you heard all day was people yelling at you for a pin!
Has any of you seen/got it? I heard it was also an expensive one on Ebay, but I never check there...

How much for a nametag, apron from Food and Wine Festival, One Year CM Pin, Limited Edition Poster of Tarzan, Test Track Preview cap, MillVill CM pin, etc..... lol :D I see a businness oportunity here.... hahaha ;) :cool:

Yep, I know exactly what pin you are talking about. I never was able to get that one but I do have the sought after "holy grail" - the Original Cast Member Pin Trader Pin - I got it directly from one of the women responsible for approving the design and production of the pins at a meeting in the VIP room on the second floor of the Norway pavilion…. And yes, I did manage to get the AP pin. It is pretty big in comparison to most pins and is pretty nice looking with the center torch from ROE on it. I saw it on eBay for as much as $75 but it was always possible to get it for under $50… It's been nearly two years since it was released though so you don't see it around as much as you used to...

MrPromey

Hold on to those Eyes and Ears, too. Take special care of the color ones… New, they go for about $5 but after a while… I have a couple of the infamous Dinosaur issues that have what appears to be the hidden, ummm, something in it when you turn it upside down… ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom