10 years without any wonders

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Well everyone, It has officially been 10 years since Wonders of Life was open to guests at Epcot. Most of you I believe have had enough with it after all the Body Wars news lately, but this thread is dedicated to the memory. Everyone is welcome to share their WOL experiences below.

Bairstow

Anyone ever experienced/heard about a weird acoustic phenomenon with the building's design that makes people nauseous or gives people headaches?
My father used to always swear that being in the main part of the building quickly made him sick. He was okay as soon as he was in the queue for Body Wars, but he swore being anywhere in the main hall did something to him.

brb1006

Anyone ever experienced/heard about a weird acoustic phenomenon with the building's design that makes people nauseous or gives people headaches?
My father used to always swear that being in the main part of the building quickly made him sick. He was okay as soon as he was in the queue for Body Wars, but he swore being anywhere in the main hall did something to him.
Might be due to all the colors. Since it was made in the late 80's and early 90's with all the pink,purple,blue and yellow colors.
ebe134431LARGE.jpg

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
As far as I know, I never went to Wonders of Life while it was still operating, in fact, I never knew it was a thing until a year after it closed. The first time I went inside was during the 2010 F&W festival, and even by then, the building was a shell of its former self. I wish the pavilion could reopen since health is still and will always be one of the most important topics in our lives. Even just simply operating the currently SBNO Cranium Command would be something.

Maerj

I liked the film the Making of Me.

Which was a great film on the subject for families with young children. It was very well done. Cranium Command was a great attraction too, which could have been redone as 'Inside Out' since they seem to want to add character so badly. It was a good pavilion that could have used some updating rather than a total shutdown.

Simba's Mom

I'm so glad you posted that picture at the beginning with Coach's Corner in the background. Does anyone else here remember Coach's Corner? That was where you could choose among 4 sports (I just remember 2 were golf and baseball), take a swing, then some well-known professional would come on the TV screen and tell you what to improve. DS chose baseball and I can still see him standing with the bat, ready to swing.

LowesChevy

On our last visit, we were checking out the art available at the Food & Wine Fest and at the table next to us a son, maybe 12-13, said to his father "There was a ride in here before I read about!" and the father said "no, there was never a ride in here!"

I totally geeked, if you don't know, just say so dude! Body Wars was a big deal back in the day, especially when you had Horizons, World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, UOE, and The Livings Seas, BW was a thrill ride compared to those. Even though it was bascially one of those mall simulators from the 80s. Cranium Command was a cute show too.

I would say Wonders of Life and KC/Food Rocks predated the era where many people universally accepted fitness and wellness. Have these attractions been built and designed for the now, they may have been bigger hits with guests. Now there are several marathons and running events throughout the year, a sponsorship with New Balance, an attempt to provide healthier meal options/snacks etc. Hintity, hint, hint Disney

ElreTigo

I remember riding Body Wars as a child and feeling a little nauseous afterward, also my Dad commenting how he liked Star Tours much better. I also remember looking at character hats inside the pavilion at a gift shop. Cranium Command I remember only vaguely.

Lucky

I remember riding Body Wars as a child and feeling a little nauseous afterward, also my Dad commenting how he liked Star Tours much better. I also remember looking at character hats inside the pavilion at a gift shop. Cranium Command I remember only vaguely.
I don't mind Star Tours but I was nauseated for hours after Body Wars. That was in my first day ever at WDW back in the early 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom