10 years without any wonders

OG Runner

I agree with everyone that mentioned the odd feeling of BodyWars. It was a fine idea, especially for those
of us old enough to remember the movie Fantastic Voyage, but the motion and the view never seemed to
be smooth. Approve the ride system and change Cranium Command to an Inside/Out attraction and I think
this area could be brought back to life.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I remember almost getting sick on Body Wars.

That was actually a really common occurrence. Most say it doesn't make sense since its the same tech as Star Tours but it had something to do with the non-linear motion of the movie. Unlike Star Tours where you are essentially always moving forward, on Body Wars your simulated motion switched from forward to backward which really messed with lots of peoples equilibrium.

Last edited:

RobidaFlats

That was actually a really common occurrence. Most say it doesn't make sense since its the same tech as Star Tours but it had something to do with the non-linear motion of the movie. Unlike Star Tours where you are essentially always moving forward, on Body Wars your simulated motion switched from forward to backward which really messed with lots of peoples equilibrium.

I think it also had to do with the differences when you're sort of stationary. In space, you don't really feel any acceleration unless the ship is moving. Inside the body, you feel a gentle rocking, similar to being on a ship at sea. I would image that rocking had a lot to do with the sick feeling many experienced.

KBLovedDisney

I think maybe Disney should "re-imagine/re-invent" the Wonders Pavilion, maybe kind of make it like The Land where you have restaurants and a couple of rides, but put back the theme of Body and Health back into the Wonders Pavilion and give it one heck of a make-over inside and out. (Ha! Inside and Out, like the movie, hmmm. What if they made this into InsideOut themed since it is based on a human mind?)

KBLovedDisney

I think maybe Disney should "re-imagine/re-invent" the Wonders Pavilion, maybe kind of make it like The Land where you have restaurants and a couple of rides, but put back the theme of Body and Health back into the Wonders Pavilion and give it one heck of a make-over inside and out. (Ha! Inside and Out, like the movie, hmmm. What if they made this into InsideOut themed since it is based on a human mind?)
And you got to have an old school ball pit and playground area for the kiddos here.

Gringrinngghost

January 17th,
found the photo on Instagram
download.jpg

Last edited:

Ralphlaw

We went to WDW 4 times before it closed in 2007, and we never even walked in WofL. The Unofficial Guide was very luke warm on the place, and I believe it started having seasonal closures when we usually went in November. Wish I could have seen it, but few people seem to remember it as fondly as the old Figment or Horizons. In my experience, there's only a little protest when things initially close, but a few years later the tears and grit really erupt. Even now, few are protesting the closure of Universe of Energy and Lights Motor Action. But just wait. In a few years, emotion will overflow about how great those things were.

I was on these boards when WofL closed, and I don't recall a ton of fond memories being relayed. Sponsorship was gone, and few could make an argument that it was a cornerstone of the Epcot/WDW experience. I saw more of a, "Oh well, let's hope they replace it with something good." Ten years later, and I doubt anyone would say, "I'd love to go to Epcot, but since they closed Wonders of Life, I'm not going to bother."

BraveGirl

That's a fabulous idea! Cranium Command was sort of like that anyway!

I miss WOL. I used to spend HOURS in there, between the rides, the shows and the activities. Body Wars always made me want to puke, I always thought it was because I was inside blood, and blood makes me want to puke...

They had really good smoothies in there too!

This is making me miss the old Epcot! Between that, Horizons, and World of Motion.....nostalgia overload!

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Continue to use it as a "Festival Pavillion" until further notice....Seems to be the direction their going with..
Sadly, that seems to be the way they are going as it provides sufficient cash flow from merch. They might as well call it the "Wallet Inspectors" Pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom