10 days of Magic, Mickey, and Memories

Hi all!

And so it has come to an end. All the months of planning and preparing resulted in the best 10 days for my husband and I! Here are the basics:

Who: My DH and I
What: 10 days of Memories and Magic at Walt Disney World
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
When: September 13 to the 22
Why: A trip for resting and relaxing after a very long and hard year and in preparation of starting another personal journey.

Some background: My DH and I have traveled to Disney every year since we were married. So this marked our 8th trip in a row. Now the last two trips, I went solo. I went to Disneyland in 2010 and went for a girls getaway with my mom in May 2011. Since we started going to WDW together, a lot has happened. We moved twice, went through some very hard times, and have struggled with infertility. So this trip was focused on reconnecting and putting all of that "stuff" behind us. In the past, we have stayed either offsite (in 2005 and 2006) and then onsite at Deluxe Resorts. Since 2007, we have been able to drive to WDW since we lived only 4 1/2 hours away from the World. Okay, we are pretty much up to speed so now, on with the show! Or as Peter Pan would say...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time we stayed at POR as well as using DME. I will say to both, I would definitely recommend and stay/use again. We left very early on Thursday, September 13 and flew AirTran. It was a great flight and we got exceptional prices! We will definitely fly with AirTran again! The flight was smooth and on time so we arrived around 10 am at MCO and DME was ready and waiting for us! We did not have the fancy blue and cream DME bus which I was a tad disappointed about as I had never ridden on one! But we had a Mears bus and we were just ready to get to WDW!

IMAG0310.jpg

Excited to get to WDW!

IMAG0311.jpg

Super happy!

We arrived!
IMG_20120913_105550.jpg

Arriving at POR!
IMAG0315.jpg

We went ahead and did the online check in which didn't seem to make a difference. It was not busy, we still had questions, and we still talked to an agent. I will do it again, but didn't really notice that it made that much of a difference. We had called and requested a corner room on a higher floor and paid for garden view Royal Room. We got everything we asked for, except, our corner room faced a parking lot and was as far from everything as possible. So immediately called the front desk and I explained that I paid for garden view and would like garden view. We were moved to another room, that was near the pool, and a good location. It was not a corner room. The reason for the request for the corner is that I understand that the rooms can be quite dark so a corner room would let in more natural light. It would have been nice for that corner room but it didn't really bother us much at all.

IMG_20120913_120424.jpg

View from the room

IMG_20120913_120248.jpg

We first ate lunch since we were starved! We headed down to Riverside Mill. The DH tried to the pasta bar with cheese cake and I the burger and red velvet cake! All were delicious!!!!

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

The Royal Rooms were so nice! We really liked them a lot! They were beautiful!!

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Yep, that's Stacy! The Must-Do's! Unt Beer???

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

jdnetone

Great pictures!!
DW and I are the same way we try to hit all the Photo Pass photographers we can. I like the magic shot from MNSSHP on main street.

Thank you so much! We didn't dress up. I was going to be Minnie Mouse but we decided to stay at the park and not head back to the resort. We didn't start with a great bus experience so that effected us deciding not to go back and change. But I still rocked my ears! :) And I was in red and white and black so it worked. :) We got SO much candy! We still have some left! :)
Hi Again the last time we did the Tick & Treat we got so much candy (I hardly ever eat candy) I ate a few pieces "Mary Jane's" and I got a stomach ache, we had so much left over we had to leave it behind. :( Just love it there!!!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Hi Again the last time we did the Tick & Treat we got so much candy (I hardly ever eat candy) I ate a few pieces "Mary Jane's" and I got a stomach ache, we had so much left over we had to leave it behind. :( Just love it there!!!!

We have given a lot of the candy away. There is just so much!! I love it too!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Great pictures!!
DW and I are the same way we try to hit all the Photo Pass photographers we can. I like the magic shot from MNSSHP on main street.

Thank you so much!! I just love the photopass photographers!!! I could have them follow me around all day! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thank you for the well wishes and prayers and pixie dust. If I could ask a favor, please everyone just say an extra prayer for us. We are getting close to the big moment and making our dreams come true. However, its a painstakingly slow process and its been a very emotional week. I might be having the procedure on my birthday, which is a full week after we expected to be having it. Thank you for all the support and pixie dust!!!

kings&giants

I read your TR from start to finish today & it was so great! I really feel like you brought us all with you! Your photos were fabulous as were your outfits! It's obvious what a great time you had (despite the bus mishaps, boo-boo toes & rude travel groups) - you guys are so cute! We leave in 11 days & this was the perfect pre-Disney read!
Sending good good hopes & wishes your way!
We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.
-Louisa May Alcott

javy2004

wow i took a good chunk of my afternoon reading your awesome trip report. makes me want to save for an extended trip like i saw you and many others take. my coming trip is 4 days and it's going to be exhausting trying to see as much as possible that we want to see. lots of cool pics too :D made me wanna do a food/drinks crawl of world showcase and i can't wait to try out sleepy hollow after seeing your fruit waffle... wow!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
wow i took a good chunk of my afternoon reading your awesome trip report. makes me want to save for an extended trip like i saw you and many others take. my coming trip is 4 days and it's going to be exhausting trying to see as much as possible that we want to see. lots of cool pics too :D made me wanna do a food/drinks crawl of world showcase and i can't wait to try out sleepy hollow after seeing your fruit waffle... wow!!

Oh thank you!!! We loved the extended trip! And would totally recommend you do it some day!!! And drinking / eating around the world was super fun! Make sure you have a lot of time to do it though!! You get full and well, tipsy!! :) Have a great time on your upcoming trip!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Your picture of the waffle and fruit sw has convinced me I must try one on our next visit. Yum!:p

It is SOOOOO good! Crazy good! And I recreated it at home too! So easy! Waffle, nutella and fresh fruit! That's all there was on it! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I read your TR from start to finish today & it was so great! I really feel like you brought us all with you! Your photos were fabulous as were your outfits! It's obvious what a great time you had (despite the bus mishaps, boo-boo toes & rude travel groups) - you guys are so cute! We leave in 11 days & this was the perfect pre-Disney read!
Sending good good hopes & wishes your way!
We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.
-Louisa May Alcott

Thank you for the amazing quote!!! That is beautiful!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip report!! You leave in 11 days! So fun and exciting!!! Where are you staying? Did you do a pretrip report? Have a magical trip!! And thank you again for the perfect quote!

kings&giants

Thank you for the amazing quote!!! That is beautiful!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip report!! You leave in 11 days! So fun and exciting!!! Where are you staying? Did you do a pretrip report? Have a magical trip!! And thank you again for the perfect quote!
You're welcome! Thank you for a great trip report! We are staying at Pop (honestly I find the buses better at the value than the moderate, we had similar issues a few trips ago) and as you can see from my picture, I have 2 boys & Pop is their favorite. I didn't do a pretrip, but I'm thinking I may today.
Keep us posted - we are still thinking good thoughts for you!!

Alison1975

You're welcome! Thank you for a great trip report! We are staying at Pop (honestly I find the buses better at the value than the moderate, we had similar issues a few trips ago) and as you can see from my picture, I have 2 boys & Pop is their favorite. I didn't do a pretrip, but I'm thinking I may today.

I agree..I liked POFQ because of the one bus stop like the values. I wish it was economic for us to do Pop this coming trip..

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I agree..I liked POFQ because of the one bus stop like the values. I wish it was economic for us to do Pop this coming trip..

Can you stay at Pop if Noah and mom don't go? Since it has always been just the two of us, we never run into room size issues.

disneygirl76

Original Poster

Thank you so much!

Alison1975

Can you stay at Pop if Noah and mom don't go? Since it has always been just the two of us, we never run into room size issues.

nope..we would need 2 rooms there..max is 4 per room.. and 2 rooms as pop is way more than 1 at PORs... especially when you consider the cost to upgrade the free dining..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom