Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Muppetvision 3d was cuter than ever, loved the old guys.. I think they may have been my favorite part. I like when they tell them not watch and they say they can't leave because they are glued to the chairs.. Hahaha! Walked around this area for awhile.. just taking everything in!

I've never eaten at Pizza Planet, would anyone recommend it? I eventually want to try every restaurant but, it's taking some time!

Left this area and went in search of food.. our stomachs were grumbling!

We decided on the Studio Catering Company, and yummmmmy was it good! I had the pressed turkey club, it was so freaking good! I took this from all ears: turkey, applewood smoked bacon, swiss, roasted red pepper, arugula, multigrain ciabatta bread served with french fries. I also had the marble cheesecake for dessert, my friend got the strawberry cupcake and we split both so we could continue on our cupcake challenge. She had the chicken cesar wrap, but we didn't open the wrapper my photo!

The cupcake was scrumptious! The mickey confetti just topped it off to perfection! Still liked AK's cupcake best, but this was awesome a close call! Our bellies were satisfied, maybe a little too much, so we decided to just wander around. I wanted to find the umbrella that you pull the handle and it rains, and I couldn't remember where it was! We did end up finding it, I think this is one of the coolest things! I love the little random things Disney has in their parks to really maximize their guests experience!

Lights, Motors, Action was about to begin, so we thought it a good time to go watch! We didn't think our full stomachs could handle going over to TOT and Rock 'n' Roller coaster so we thought a show was our best bet.

I had only seen this once before, and I don't really remember it, so I was excited!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

As you can tell, the clouds were rolling in. Soon it was raining, and the show was delayed. We weren't sure if we should stay put, or put on our ponchos and leave with the masses. We decided to wait it out a little bit. The man next to us told us the storm would soon be over, so there we sat. He was right! Soon the show was back on!

I thoroughly enjoyed the show! I love when they have the car driving backwards all amazing, and it turns out the car is designed backwards and the driver is facing out the back. It blows my mind! Also, I like when they choose a little kid from the audience and he thinks he is driving a remote control real car, when in actuality he isn't. The little boy they picked was too cute, and he enjoyed his part in the show! Soon the clouds were rolling back in, so they said they were going to stop the show for a little.

We waited for a little, and then the dreaded announcement came on that the show was now going to be cancelled. We saw pretty much everything except the finale, so oh well! At least we made it this far! We put on our ponchos and were on our way, and by the time walked from the stadium to the entrance, the rain was letting up! YAY!!!!

We headed to the Great Movie Ride, another classic. I love Shirley Temple, and in the ending where they show movie clips, they flash a clip from her movie Bright Eyes, and it makes me all sentimental and teary eyed. My friend said to me, "seriously? you make it through the whole ride and cry at the movie?!?!" Hey, I'm unique, what can I say!

A new thing, I never noticed was the alien in the ceiling. Am I seriously oblivious to the world?! That thing is creepy! It came down right over us! We had the cowboy version.. I think I like this version best! This ride is always great! We got off, and the rain was gone! WAHOOO!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Headed to the American Idol Experience, this is another new thing we both had never tried! We were pumped! I watch American Idol here and there, I usually like the beginnings where everyone singing is not so good! My friend watches it all the time so in we went!

They first have the host getting the audience hyped up! You dance and clap, it was great interaction!

Usually there are three contestants, but we only had 2 :( They were both really good, and I give them props for doing the performance! The first girl sang Taylor Swift, and she sounded pretty much just like her! Then second girl sang Bubbly by Colbie Callait.. and she knocked it out of the park! Her voice was so different, and I seriously got goosebumps listening to her! I took a picture just in case she does become the next American Idol! I could never do what they did, and I kept trying to convince my friend to try out as a joke, she didn't think it was too funny! LOL I wish I knew who won the American Idol Experience at the end of the day, but we didn't make it back for that show!

We left the show and decided it was time to go back and rest. The clouds were rolling in again, ahh rain go away!

We tookd a photoshoot on the way out, gotta give it up to those wonderful Photopass photographers!

We asked for magic shots, and the girl who took our photos took us over to the side area and did every one she could! Thank you so much! These are so fun!

Back to POFQ we went, we need a little R&R! Laying in bed, watching Stacey.. what could be better! Ahh take me back!

We didn't rest for too long, because we had the best dinner coming up... HOOP DE DOO!!!

:) :) :)

stevehousse

You really don't know what you've missed with the old backlot tour! It used to be the star attraction at the studios and was over 2 hours long! You would see everything from the current ride in addition to more set visits, street houses used in tv shows that are gone now, more interactive movie magic type stuff! It truly was an amazing ride, but when te actual studios closed, they had to scrap most of the ride.

Loving your report!

jabbamfhutt1

I love your report and pictures so far. You and your friend can join my daughter and I at WDW anytime. Your report is written in a way that just brings out the joy of being at Disney. I love it and can't wait to go back in 25 days.

Thanks for sharing with us!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I'm really enjoying your report! I'm an old lady, but I think it would be so much fun to go with a friend or a group of friends. My husband would never let me go without him!

My last trip was with my boyfriend and this time it was with my best friend.. They both were uniquely fun and different experiences!! With my boyfriend it was more romantic and adult, with my friend we sort of let that aspect go and just acted like kids!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Great TR! Great pics too! :D

Thank you so much!!!

Pizza Planet has salad and pizza. It's like a frozen pizza, kind of meh. Cool environment though. Wished it looked more like the movie, but "The clawwwww!!!"

Hmm doesn't sound too appetizing!! Lol maybe one day I will get there! But I won't hold high expectations! :)

You really don't know what you've missed with the old backlot tour! It used to be the star attraction at the studios and was over 2 hours long! You would see everything from the current ride in addition to more set visits, street houses used in tv shows that are gone now, more interactive movie magic type stuff! It truly was an amazing ride, but when te actual studios closed, they had to scrap most of the ride.

Loving your report!

Omg I wish I had ridden it when it was in its prime!! You make it sound amazing! My friend told me she saw golden girls being filmed there?? It's sad that it isn't a working studio anymore :( I bet it was sooo cool!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Im obsessed with this trip report! It's like reading my favorite book! Can't wait for the next chapter!!
You are too nice!! Thanks for the feedback, I love knowing people are actually reading and I love sharing the magic of Disney!! Reading other people's reports makes me happy so I hope I can do that for others!!

I love your report and pictures so far. You and your friend can join my daughter and I at WDW anytime. Your report is written in a way that just brings out the joy of being at Disney. I love it and can't wait to go back in 25 days.

Thanks for sharing with us!
Your post gave me goosebumps!! I hope you have an amazing trip!! Disney is truly the happiest place on earth and when you go with that positive attitude, nothing can ruin your magic!!

WLBound

It sounds like you two had so much fun! I love the Muppet 3-D show too. The posters outside are too funny. The song you were trying to think of is Kokomo and it was originally done by The Beach Boys and featured Uncle Jesse from Full House.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
So after being lazy bums for a bit, just watching good ole Disney tv and laying in bed, we decided it was time to get ready. I could watch Stacey's must-dos over and over again, but we soon discovered another channel with information about the Adventures by Disney program and got really in to it! If I'm ever filthy rich, I will do this! The trips and itineraries look like wonderful life changing experiences! We also switched back and forth to the weather channel, it's crazy that while we were in Florida there was a heatwave in the northeast, and it was actually hotter back home than in Disney!

Got ready in our finest pioneer gear, and headed to the bus stop! We had read online that the fastest way to Fort Wilderness was to go to the MK and then take the boat. This would take us right near Pioneer Hall where the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue dinner show is performed. My friend was not as excited about tonight's dinner as I was, this was the one thing I told her I had to do! It was all my pick :) I heard the show was corny, but the food was something to try. When we learned there was unlimited beer and sangria, we figured we could not go wrong! Plus, I'm obsessed with reading about River Country, so I was hoping to catch a glimpse on the boat ride over!

We got to Magic Kingdom right away and a boat was there waiting for us! Wow! We were going to be early to dinner for once! Our reservations were at 8:30, and we had about an hour! Go us! Hopped on the boat and got ready for a knee-slapping good time :)

I think I spotted River Country on the way over, but my camera's zoom is awful, and the boat was going pretty fast.. this was the only picture I got! Does anyone know for sure?

We made it to Fort Wilderness! I loved taking all the various forms of transportation, this trip to Disney, I had only ridden the buses and monorail previously. If you can take a boat, take one! It's like a ride in itself!

We were early, (for once) and decided it was a perfect opportunity to explore! Fort Wilderness is a really awesome place, and I'd love to stay there one day. Now, I'm a very girly-girl, so I'm not sure if I could make it in a tent.. but who knows! Maybe one day! Anyone ever stayed there??

We headed over to an area that had ponies, and we talked to them over the fences. They were really cute, eating their dinners! There were signs everywhere saying not to touch them, so we obeyed.

The little ponies seemed so nice.. we watched them for awhile. Then our adventurer mode kicked back in and we were off to exploring!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We walked on some trails that led to the BBQ pavilion.. nothing was going on so we walked right in. I don't know if this is allowed, but we were simply looking around so who knows! I'd love to try Mickey's Backyard BBQ, my friend told me I need to find someone else to drag to Ft. Wilderness.. so any takers?! LOL :)

We then wandered back towards the lake, looking for River Country. There was an area roped off and my friend walked through it, I was too chicken. I believe it was where you used to be able to buy tickets to go into River Country... I kept yelling at her to come back, and she did. I guess I am not adventurous :( Soon we heard a noise.. and it was a guy with a horse cart! He said in a Southern drawl, "You gals going to Pioneer Hall? Hop in I'll give you a ride." It was crazy! We had the whole thing to ourselves. We later discussed that someone probably saw us heading in to unused territory, and sent this cowboy to pick us up. Only us, I swear!

We got a nice tour around this area of Fort Wilderness, and the guy was extremely nice. We honestly felt like two princesses being driven around on horse and buggy. People even waved to us! We got dropped off right next to Pioneer Hall, and there was a sign that said Ride for $8.00. We didn't pay a thing! So crazy to me still!

It was getting close to dinner time, so we gave our name and got our photo taken. I think we may have been the only two people party there. Everyone was with their families! Oh well! We were ready for a good time!!

We waited in line until the doors opened, and then inside we went for my favorite dinner of the entire trip.

:) :) :)

fractal

Love the "selfies"! I agree on the boat rides - an attraction in itself. Very cool that u got a ride from a cowboy. :)

Can't wait to hear about HDDR - one of my favorites.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Our table was sooo close! We had paid for category 2 seating, because we are both a little shy and didn't want to be too involved with the show. Turns out we were right up front! Guess they don't have many areas to stick two people! Anyway, I ended up loving our seats, and I was totally into the show. I had the best time ever that night. You walk in and everything is decorated like you stepped back into the actual pioneer times. There were red and white checkered napkins, tin plates and buckets!

The salad and cornbread came out right away, and our waitress took our drink order. I had to start it off right with sangria! And a soda on the side. Both the salad and the cornbread were SO GOOD. Mouth-wateringly good. Good as in I'm drooling as I type this. Ugh, why is Orlando so far away??

I dug right in.. you never have to ask me twice with food!

Soon the show began, and I can't say enough good things about it. If you ever get the chance to do Hoop-Dee-Doo, take it! It was corny, but in such a fun Disney way you just have to laugh and smile, and let go of your everyday worries and get right into it! I was nervous about everything because I kept reading mixed reviews on the forums, but this was probably my favorite nights in Disney. Even my friend, who was a hater in the first place, had such a wonderful time. I had a lot riding on my shoulders here, and I later heard my friend raving about the night on the phone with her mom. It was an all around good time.

Soon the food came out, and if you like good country eatin', this is the place for you! All night I was wishing my stomach was bigger so I could eat more.

I had the chicken and ribs, beans, and mashed potatoes. There was carrots but I'm not much of a veggie person. Bad I know! Our waitress brought us more cornbread, and even gave us the recipe. The mashed potatoes were my favorite, and I wish I had a bowl of them right now! They were so warm and buttery and just melted in your mouth. Mmmmmmmmmm. Are you hungry yet??

Love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom