Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I wish my job was to ride a magical dragon every night! Some people have all the luck!

The America float gives me the chills! I couldn't imagine being in Disney for the 4th of July. It must be so patriotic and beautiful. If I get chills from float, I can't imagine what a mess I'd be if I experienced the actual holiday there!

We then found every photopass photographer we possibly could! I know you guys are probably sick of looking at pictures of me in front on the castle! I just couldn't get enough. It's the most gorgeous structure ever constructed!

We then waited for one photographer and kept letting people behind us cut in front because we wanted the castle to be pink! It took a good five minutes before it changed. But we got our beautiful shot! I swear some people thought we were insane, but what are ya gonna do?!

They all kind of blend together to look the same, haha. I love my castle photos! I need to get a frame that hold 4 pictures and do us in front of each park's monument. :)

It was late, and we were pooped! We shopped around for a little bit in the emporium, I bought a caramel apple car air freshener as well as a mickey mickey ice-cream bar one. My friend got the turkey leg one! They smell so authentic. Scent really is your strongest sense to bring back memories! We also got some jewelry and car antenna toppers. There's so much to buy!

My air freshener inspired me so we stopped back at the confectionery so I could get a snack to bring home to Port Orleans. I wanted just a plain caramel apple, and couldn't find one anywhere! They were all covered with candy or sprinkles and decorated. I then asked one of the CMs behind the candy counter and he said he could make it for me and have it sliced. What a deal! I was so happy. :) I had a nice late night snack back in our room.

Another day had come and gone, but we were excited for our beds! We were passed out as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Disney really wears you out! We decided we would sleep in for tomorrow. It was around 2 AM when we finally got under our covers. A full week in Disney had passed, but we still had so much to look forward too! We dreamed of what was still to come.

Day 8

Woke up around 10, this was late for us! We didn't have any set plans.. should we go to Downtown Disney? We talked back and forth on the pros and cons of where to go and it all came down to what we wanted to eat for lunch. Took some great photos before we were on our way!

Matching headbands, we're so cute!

Drum roll please...

We were back at the Magic Kingdom. It honestly felt like we lived here, we'd been here so much! My most favorite park. :)

Today was the actual first really hot day.. it reminded me of my previous trips when I came in August. It was hot and humid, but that's how most of my Disney trips are! We were well rested and ready for another day.

Again, more castle pictures. I'm sorry everyone.. it just doesn't get old to me!

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We decided to head to New Fantasyland and see if Gaston was out. He better not be out hunting again! We needed to meet him! He was the one character we both insisted on needing to find. I read such funny stories about him, and saw cute videos online, it was a must do!

Stopped for some quick photos along the way, I love when no one else is in the picture! We did good! :)

After all, it is OUR castle. :) :)

Before we made it, we stopped at Storybook Treats for ice cream floats. I got Coke and vanilla ice cream. This is such a great thing to get when it's hot! Soda and ice cream, it cooled me down right away! The girl working I recognized from the last time we were at MK and I ordered the pork shank. I asked her if she works at Gaston's Tavern as well and she said she did! She said they rotate them around so it's not the same thing every day. She was super nice and chatted with us for a bit. As soon as we got out of line, a woman with an iPad came up to us and asked if we wanted to take a survey. Sure thing! We had to answer what we'd rate the service, the product, etc. We told her the girl helping us was awesome and gave her name. The girl saw us from the window and was super excited. I hope she gets recognized!

I wanna slurp it through the screen!

Is this where Gaston lives? Come out, mister!

Made it to Belle's village, and no Gaston! But there was a photopass woman in the area so we hurried over to her!

After taking our lovely magic shot with chip, she told us Gaston would be out in a few minutes! AHHHH! We were so excited. My friend kept singing the Gaston song, and we prepped what questions we were going to ask him. The CM talked with us for awhile and told us when her family visited they took over 300 photopass photos! We said we were probably close to that number! She told us where to go to find more. She was super sweet and walked us over to the front of the line for Gaston. Soon he appeared!

Ta da!

I think the pictures with him are hysterical. I'm telling him I'm team Beast. He got me back by telling me that I was waiting in line to meet him.. I must secretly like him! The look on everyone's faces behind us are priceless. He really is a must see. He could be a comedian, he's so funny. My friend asked if every last inch of him was still covered in hair, and he said no he doesn't want to be anything like the beast! He shaves now.

She then asked if he still ate four dozen eggs to be as big as a barge, and he said no get it right! I ate four dozen when I was a lad, I eat five dozen now! Man, they know their stuff! He was just like I pictured, so entertaining! He was so self-absorbed and arrogant. Oh my goodness, it was great!

I'm so happy we found him! He made our day! If you get a chance to meet him, I'd suggest you do it. The phrases that come out of his mouth are just so comical.. he's a great addition to new fantasyland.

Our ice cream wasn't holding us over anymore, so we we decided to head and get lunch! It was around 1 now, we were starved. Sleeping in really messed up our schedule! The place we wanted so desperately to try was Tortuga Tavern! It was never open when either of us came, so we were excited! I hate when places are seasonal.

We were in the mood for burritos! I got the beef and my friend got the chicken. They have a fixings bar when you can put on all your toppings. It was really good! And it was different than the usual theme park eats. We both really enjoyed it. I would go back here any day. Not only was it tasty, but it was filling. We both were stuffed, again. We never just eat.. we EAT like we mean it.

I got a cookies and cream gelato as my dessert. Again, delish! Hit the spot after that heavy meal!

We sat around for awhile, just talking and analyzing our meeting with Gaston. Whenever we discussed it, we were both cracking up. Such a good memory. We had no set plans, and sometimes that's the best way! Sometimes you need to just take in the scenery.

Longers

Loving the updates - I met Gaston last year he certainly is Hil-ari-ous! A definite must see. I stayed watching him for over half hour. The best bit is people who walk in front of pictures he really tells them off!

Bama14

Love your trip report so much! It's making me reconsider some of my dining options! I always want to go meet characters, but don't bc I don't want to look like the silly adult in line to meet Mickey. However, I'm inspired to just let the Disney magic take over and get in those lines next trip! I do have to ask though...what happened to the daily cupcake challenge? Haven't seen one in awhile! :)

janelove956

We decided to head to New Fantasyland and see if Gaston was out. He better not be out hunting again! We needed to meet him! He was the one character we both insisted on needing to find. I read such funny stories about him, and saw cute videos online, it was a must do!

Stopped for some quick photos along the way, I love when no one else is in the picture! We did good! :)

After all, it is OUR castle. :) :)

Before we made it, we stopped at Storybook Treats for ice cream floats. I got Coke and vanilla ice cream. This is such a great thing to get when it's hot! Soda and ice cream, it cooled me down right away! The girl working I recognized from the last time we were at MK and I ordered the pork shank. I asked her if she works at Gaston's Tavern as well and she said she did! She said they rotate them around so it's not the same thing every day. She was super nice and chatted with us for a bit. As soon as we got out of line, a woman with an iPad came up to us and asked if we wanted to take a survey. Sure thing! We had to answer what we'd rate the service, the product, etc. We told her the girl helping us was awesome and gave her name. The girl saw us from the window and was super excited. I hope she gets recognized!

I wanna slurp it through the screen!

Is this where Gaston lives? Come out, mister!

Made it to Belle's village, and no Gaston! But there was a photopass woman in the area so we hurried over to her!

After taking our lovely magic shot with chip, she told us Gaston would be out in a few minutes! AHHHH! We were so excited. My friend kept singing the Gaston song, and we prepped what questions we were going to ask him. The CM talked with us for awhile and told us when her family visited they took over 300 photopass photos! We said we were probably close to that number! She told us where to go to find more. She was super sweet and walked us over to the front of the line for Gaston. Soon he appeared!

Ta da!

I think the pictures with him are hysterical. I'm telling him I'm team Beast. He got me back by telling me that I was waiting in line to meet him.. I must secretly like him! The look on everyone's faces behind us are priceless. He really is a must see. He could be a comedian, he's so funny. My friend asked if every last inch of him was still covered in hair, and he said no he doesn't want to be anything like the beast! He shaves now.

She then asked if he still ate four dozen eggs to be as big as a barge, and he said no get it right! I ate four dozen when I was a lad, I eat five dozen now! Man, they know their stuff! He was just like I pictured, so entertaining! He was so self-absorbed and arrogant. Oh my goodness, it was great!

I'm so happy we found him! He made our day! If you get a chance to meet him, I'd suggest you do it. The phrases that come out of his mouth are just so comical.. he's a great addition to new fantasyland.

Our ice cream wasn't holding us over anymore, so we we decided to head and get lunch! It was around 1 now, we were starved. Sleeping in really messed up our schedule! The place we wanted so desperately to try was Tortuga Tavern! It was never open when either of us came, so we were excited! I hate when places are seasonal.

We were in the mood for burritos! I got the beef and my friend got the chicken. They have a fixings bar when you can put on all your toppings. It was really good! And it was different than the usual theme park eats. We both really enjoyed it. I would go back here any day. Not only was it tasty, but it was filling. We both were stuffed, again. We never just eat.. we EAT like we mean it.

I got a cookies and cream gelato as my dessert. Again, delish! Hit the spot after that heavy meal!

We sat around for awhile, just talking and analyzing our meeting with Gaston. Whenever we discussed it, we were both cracking up. Such a good memory. We had no set plans, and sometimes that's the best way! Sometimes you need to just take in the scenery.
Omg Gaston is so much more handsome than I thought he would be!!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Loving the updates - I met Gaston last year he certainly is Hil-ari-ous! A definite must see. I stayed watching him for over half hour. The best bit is people who walk in front of pictures he really tells them off!

I wish we stayed longer and watched! There was the one woman, she must have been in her 70s or 80s and she kept blowing him kissing and he would catch them. She kept fanning herself as well.. it was seriously the cutest thing! He makes all the ladies swoon, regardless of age!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Love your trip report so much! It's making me reconsider some of my dining options! I always want to go meet characters, but don't bc I don't want to look like the silly adult in line to meet Mickey. However, I'm inspired to just let the Disney magic take over and get in those lines next trip! I do have to ask though...what happened to the daily cupcake challenge? Haven't seen one in awhile! :)

Oh no you've caught me!!! We kind of slacked on our challenge :( We were just soooo full all the time it was hard! The cupcakes look so good now when I look at pictures.. I'm so regretting it! There are just too many snacks to choose from!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
After lunch, we decided to just be lazy and ride around on the the train. There's nothing like traveling full circle around Magic Kingdom. So much to see! We did a full lap and continued back on again until main street. We saw Jesse while we were loading at the Frontierland station.

Hi Jesse!!

I love the train and could listen to the narration for hours! That man's voice is just sooo soothing. And there's never a wait! The cool breeze in your hair, what could be better!

The second time we got to main street, we decided our train ride was over. We wanted to venture off to Downtown Disney. While we descended the platform, we saw some long lost friends! Hello chicken little!! We had joked non-stop about meeting him before our trip, so we had to do it. I've never seen the movie, so I really had no idea who he even was! I know, shame on me!!

We took the monorail to the Contemporary. We figured this would be the best way to hop on a DTD bus. I was so excited because it was the pink stripe monorail, however the CM working told me the correct color was "salmon." It's pink!!! Haha!

We had no idea how to find the bus stop at the Contemporary, so we wandered around for awhile and took a couple of elevators. We finally made it outside on the ground level, but we were on the wrong side of the building! We trekked to the side with the buses and waited! A cute elderly couple asked us some questions about new fantasyland. I think it's so cute to see an old couple together just by themselves enjoying Disney. That will be me!

It took awhile but we eventually made it to Downtown Disney!

We wandered around, it was really crowded! We had to walk a long way to get to our destination.. the characters in flight balloon!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Enjoying the trip report and the photos though my wife said I seem to be looking at your pics a little too much. I assured her I was just admiring how fashionable you two are. That and wishing I was enjoying some of that strawberry soup. We like to park hop, and walking around GF is fun but it seems a little stuffy to me. I am more of a Wilderness Lodge kind of guy. Really like the night photos in front of the castle! Frame worthy.

I have never been to the wilderness lodge, I will have to check it out! I love resort hopping, they are all so unique! Thanks for reading :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
So we make it all the way to the balloon, it was a far walk! We dodged herds of people, and strollers, and scooters. We trekked through the masses. We worked up a sweat by the time we got to the balloon loading dock. We looked around for where we could buy tickets, and saw a man walking away from the balloon. My friend asked "Mister, did you just get off? Where do we buy our tickets??" He replied, "No, I work here and the balloon is not going up for a while because our radar detects lightning in the distance."

Seriously?!?!

We could not believe it! It took us forever to get here, and voila! No luck for us! I really wanted to go on the balloon! The view from up there would have been amazing! I was so upset! Next visit, this is a must do. I wish there had been some way for us to know! We legit just missed it!

We didn't let it get us down, heck we laughed at our misfortune. Only us would this happen to! We decided we were beat, so we walked to the boat dock to take a boat back to POFQ. I loved having a hotel we could take a boat too! We were tired, and relaxing on the boat was all we needed.

Along the way, we passed the treehouse villas. I would love to stay in one someday. They are in the woods, you have a ton of privacy! It truly looks like you are in the wilderness and not in Florida at all. The circle shape of the villas make them so much more enticing! One day, one day!

We soon saw our home, and were relieved to be back. It had been a long day so far!

One of the definite perks of staying at POFQ is the boat! I wish we had utilized it more! It was a really awesome experience.

We came back to our friends all hanging out!

We wanted to try and go to the pool, so we put on our bathing suits and got ready!

Our bad luck continued, because before we out the door a loud clap of thunder sounded. It was thunder and lightning like crazy! We should have trusted the balloon worker man! He knew his stuff! Guess no pool for us!

Watched the rain for a while outside our room. I always love thunderstorms, and it was a beautiful place to view one at. We were safe at our lovely Port Orleans, there's no place like home!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We still did not make it to the pool! We really needed to get there one day! What ya gonna do when it rains?!

imagejpg1_zps63e52cca.jpg

We watched some Stacey, tortured our stuffed animals, and just talked in our room for awhile. It was a nice change of pace. Relaxing at Disney World? Who knew it existed?!

Soon it was time to shower and get ready for dinner. Thankfully, the thunderstorms were passing. We had reservations at the Contemporary! We couldn't look like drowned rats for another dinner. We did put our mouse ears on though. :)

Took some family photos.

And our lovely adopted child, the chicken fish rabbit thing!

We saw a friend outside our door! This would normally scare me in real life, but in Disney these are magical. I don't get my logic either, so don't ask!

We hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom, and then got on the monorail. We were becoming such pros at Disney World transportation!

We arrived, and on time! I was excited to meet Mickey and the gang!!

They took this lovely photo for us, and since we had photopass plus we got a printed out bigger verison included. We got one from Hoop-de-Doo, Norway, 1900 Park Fair, and now Chef Mickey's. This worked out perfectly because then we each got to take home two!

We watched some Disney cartoons and stared out the window for a little before our names were called.
The pool at the Contemporary looks really neat! I tried to find River Country, but no luck!

We were soon taken to our table and the man of the hour came right over! I was speechless! Mickey, my love! Thanks for having us for dinner! He was so adorable all dressed up as a chef. Mickey will always be my first love. There was a little baby at the table next to us and he was IN LOVE with Mickey. It was so cute to see how he reacted to him. He kept kissing his nose.

We barely got over meeting Mickey before Donald was at our table asking for hugs! He was as handsome as ever! I kept saying "where is his hat!" I could have sworn he wore a chefs hat as well. Later on in the dinner, Donald came out from the kitchen and had a chef hat on. I was right! I don't know what happened to his hat for our pictures!

His head looks so funny and bald! LOL.. and I love his feet!

We then made our way up for our first plate, I got salad and pasta salad. I also got some chicken rice soup. Yummy, yummy. I love buffets. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom