Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

CtDisneyGuy33

I didn't make it all the way around, but that was my favorite drink from what I had! The margaritas in Mexico were also really good! Definitely go into the Rose and Crown Pub, you could stay in there for hours and have the best time. They have a pretty big drink menu, and it's fun to try new things! I couldn't decide between that or the leaping leprechaun drinks! You should check out this website:

http://www.partythroughtheparks.com

They break down the site by parks, and list all the different drink options with pictures. It will help you for October! Have so much fun!!

I've been to WDW and Epcot so many times, but I'm embarrassed to say I've never had the Green Dragon!! I have to try that now. I've been quoting that website on drinks- October can't come fast enough. Leaping Leprechaun?? Its going to be a loooonnggg week (if you know what I mean :) )

Great trip recap!!

FlaggNL

Wow what a report.... I am a newby for this site, but a regular Disneyland Paris visitor (yearpass, shareholder ;)) and just came back from a 8-day trip to Paris... but 10 days Orlando... wow... wish someday I have a chance :)

FlaggNL

yet again I am sooooooo jealous... love the read the report and all the pictures! They gave a view of how your trip is going..... cant wait to read more... but hey I am at work and have to leave soon for a busy weekend, so read further next monday ;)

Disney80

I'd love to visit Canada, that circle vision really did me in! I went to Costa Rica in the winter and made a bunch of friends from Canada, the whole resort was pretty much Canadians! They were from the Toronto area though.. I would love to visit Montreal, you make it sound like a great place for people my age! You should work at the Canadian pavilion, people would be booking their trips right away! When I can get more vacation at work, I will def contact you if I make it to Canada!

Awww thanks! You have no idea how I would love to be working at WDW! (and I have tried but nothing came through *shrugs*). Mind you, I was part of a work convention last year and we had to promote Montreal so I did that as a proud resident of the city! :p Yup, I'll be waiting for your call (erm, message *lol*)...

Quick question: at the Japan pavilion, when you get the pearl, it's 16$ plus tax but I'm assuming you had to pay more to have it put on jewlery. I apologize for the dumb question, I don't recall seeing the Japan pavilion in (maybe) 10+ years. Any info you can provide would be awesome!

Dads 2 Boys

This is an awesome trip report. My best friend and I went in Feb of this year and it was so cool just the two of us. While I love having my family there, it's a different dynamic going with a friend to be silly and stupid with.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Wow what a report.... I am a newby for this site, but a regular Disneyland Paris visitor (yearpass, shareholder ;)) and just came back from a 8-day trip to Paris... but 10 days Orlando... wow... wish someday I have a chance :)

I would love to go to Disneyland Paris! One day I will go to all the Disney parks over the world!

yet again I am sooooooo jealous... love the read the report and all the pictures! They gave a view of how your trip is going..... cant wait to read more... but hey I am at work and have to leave soon for a busy weekend, so read further next monday ;)

Thanks so much for following along :)

Awww thanks! You have no idea how I would love to be working at WDW! (and I have tried but nothing came through *shrugs*). Mind you, I was part of a work convention last year and we had to promote Montreal so I did that as a proud resident of the city! :p Yup, I'll be waiting for your call (erm, message *lol*)...

Quick question: at the Japan pavilion, when you get the pearl, it's 16$ plus tax but I'm assuming you had to pay more to have it put on jewlery. I apologize for the dumb question, I don't recall seeing the Japan pavilion in (maybe) 10+ years. Any info you can provide would be awesome!

You did have to pay more to put it on jewelry. I read if you take your pearl home and have them set it at a store near you, it's cheaper than Disney.. but I didn't wanna wait and I wanted something sentimental. My ring was around 40 bucks, all the jewelry there is sterling silver and I believe there was some gold pieces as well.. there was a lot of options!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
This is an awesome trip report. My best friend and I went in Feb of this year and it was so cool just the two of us. While I love having my family there, it's a different dynamic going with a friend to be silly and stupid with.

Yes! Going with a friend is definitley a fun experience. The dynamic is totally different! I hope you had the greatest time in Feb!

Great trip report...truly captivating!! Your plum wine review was hilarious...I couldn't agree more! Hope you never lose your enthusiasm for all things Disney!

It was gross! I was not expecting it to be that bad. LOL.. and I hope I never do either!

As soon as I can I'll post a picture of my star fish headband! And maybe some others that I really like too :)

Ahhh can't wait to see!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
The first thing we did was head straight to the wave pool. This wave pool is huge!! I couldn't believe how massive it was. It was extremely fun, and really did feel like the ocean. I'm used to Jersey shore waves, and this lived up to them. If there was a sand bottom, I could confuse it for the true ocean!

When we first got in, the waves were coming quite frequently and they were really choppy. We kept trying to swim out deep, but it was so hard! We were stuck around the 5 foot mark for awhile! I was hysterically laughing because all my efforts were wasted. I could not get out there! The waves then stopped and we got to go all the back to the back by the rope. We waited for the horn to sound, and soon it did! It gets tiring treading water out there! Instead of the choppy waves we had before, it was one HUGE wave! Like tidal wave, HUGE. We both swam it in, thank goodness, or we probably would have been stuck out there! I like the element of surprise, you never know what you're gonna get next! The wave pool was a real workout if you are where you cannot stand. Either that, or all the Disney walking had made my legs tired!

We then headed out and rode a water slide, a family style one. I think it might have been Gangplank Falls. I'm not to big on slides without tubes so we looked for the ones that had them. The CMs working messed with us so much and spun us around and around before sending us down! We both got soaked!! There are parts where there's waterfalls and somehow we made it right under them. I'm sure the whole park could hear us screaming!

Had photoshoot afterwards, thanks to Photopass. I was so happy there were so many photopass photographers at this park, because I locked my camera in the locker most of the day!

Cowabunga dude!

The horn sounded and the photopass woman made us pose and told us she'd get a great shot with the wave coming. It's really nerve-wracking to hear the horn sound and have your back to the waves! We were so nervous waiting for it to approach! I wanted to turn around so bad. The lady was laughing and making us have the best time.

I see it coming!

Oh the element of surprise!

She was so good to us and I love how the pictures came out! If you ever go to Typhoon Lagoon make sure to do this! We had worked up quite an appetite, and we weren't sure if we should leave sooner and eat elsewhere or eat at the park! The menus for the quick service restaurants looked good, so we stayed! I'm glad we did! My friend got a ginormous turkey sandwich with chips, and I got chicken tenders with fries. They hit the spot. We saw people using the RFID mugs here, it looked pretty neat! I guess next time I go back to the world, I'll get to try them out because they are soon to be implemented everywhere. I'm hungry, I want a chicken tender now!

We both got the ever do delicious Mickey chocolate cakes.. I could eat this everyday and never get sick of it.

Here I am, so full.. forcing down the food! LOL

We were stuffed, this is a theme throughout this vacation, so we headed into the lazy river. It was nice to relax, listen to the island music, and float along. I love lazy rivers! I could have stayed in there forever.

When we felt fully rested, we headed over to the locked to grab my camera and snap some pictures. It's hard to take photos at a water park! My next camera will be one of those you can take anywhere. We also stopped at the photopass booth and looked at some of our pictures from the trip thus far. We noticed Tiana wasn't on there, and the man just asked for the date and time about we had the picture taken. He found it and added it to our card. He said to call if any pictures weren't on there. He was so nice and kept complimenting all our pictures with the characters! We sure did good!

I'm quite the dramatic.

Brave swimmers taking on those waves!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I love Typhoon Lagoon. If you get a chance to go to a Disney water park, do it!! I had so much fun! Next on my to do list is Blizzard Beach. The story behind each park, and the impeccable themeing, make them truly Disney. No other water park can compare. Whether you are standing in line for a slide, or floating down the lazy river, you never feel out of the element. The attention to every last detail was constantly noticed. I didn't feel like I was at a water park, I was at a Disney park.

That wave pool is large!

I loved the boat atop the mountain. When the waves were coming, it squirts out water! The photopass CM earlier told us it takes about 90 seconds for the tank to fill up before the waves come. We should have timed it!

While walking back to the beginning of the wave pool, we saw a woman grab a her son out of the water and legit beat him. A cast member ran over to her and and was saying "Stop, please don't do that!" The mother screamed back at her, "to mind her own business." I understand everyone has their own ways of parenting, but you're in a public theme park, you're in Disney World for goodness sake! I was so taken aback. I felt really bad for the CM, I wonder if they are trained on what to do when situations like this arise. Some parents these days!

We made our way to the front of the park, the teen beach movie party was going on, it just seemed like a stage show and kids dancing so we didn't go over.

Here is the monster wave that happened to us before! Look at it, it's huge!!

Around 3'o'clock, we were pretty beat and decided it was time to say good-bye to Typhoon Lagoon. We had a blast! I already want to go back.

Made our way into a wonderful POFQ room, and saw Lotso and Beast waiting for us in bed! Our maid was great, she always put them somewhere! She must have thought we were crazy. :)

And look it's a new friend! We weren't sure if it was a fish, or a chicken, or what it was! It was sure funny looking!

It was time to relax, but who ever really and truly relaxes in Disney! We watched TV for a little, and then started to get antsy! There were parks to explore! So much for a rest day. :) We decided to get ready for dinner and head out! We had reservations at 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian, but there was time for a little Magic Kingdom beforehand. Our castle awaits!

:)

WLBound

Wow, what a shame about that Mom. I witnessed something similar in Epcot on our last trip. A father was screaming at his adult daughter about some problem with their pet sitter. It really upset my nieces and they kept saying they wished an employee would make him stop. People should really remember that they are in public (and the police are a short call away, even in Disney).

I'm kind of thinking you got a little rabbit, maybe Thumper's wide eyed cousin?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Wow, what a shame about that Mom. I witnessed something similar in Epcot on our last trip. A father was screaming at his adult daughter about some problem with their pet sitter. It really upset my nieces and they kept saying they wished an employee would make him stop. People should really remember that they are in public (and the police are a short call away, even in Disney).

I'm kind of thinking you got a little rabbit, maybe Thumper's wide eyed cousin?

Exactly! People should not act that way in public, if at all! People need to learn to control their anger, you are on vacation! And wow.. it does look like a bunny now that I look at it! LOL

I'm new on the forum, but I've been reading your report since your started. Your trip sounds fantastic. I've LOVED all your food photos. I'm planning a trip with my younger brother (he'll be 16 when we go) and all the photos help with food for him. Plus you look like you had a fantastic time!

You guys will have such a great time! I think I captured every meal on camera! LOL Thank you for following along, I was stressed out wondering how I would get all my memories saved away, and this helps. I feel like once this trip report ends, I will have to start planning another trip! I just can't live without Disney in my life :)

Longers

Wow - what a great trip report. I have just joined so I can post you a reply. (Hope it works!)It looks like you had a blast. You sound so like me it's unreal, down to crying at the gates as you enter WDW to your comments around Stacey etc. I have already started getting myself some crowns for my trip later in the year (you inspired me) to go with my Mickey ears. I've been to WDW for the past 16 years (every year) from the UK and its cost me a fortune. With your trip report you've kept it alive. Can't wait for the rest of the updates. Loving the photos too.

Disney80

I would love to go to Disneyland Paris! One day I will go to all the Disney parks over the world!

Thanks so much for following along :)

You did have to pay more to put it on jewelry. I read if you take your pearl home and have them set it at a store near you, it's cheaper than Disney.. but I didn't wanna wait and I wanted something sentimental. My ring was around 40 bucks, all the jewelry there is sterling silver and I believe there was some gold pieces as well.. there was a lot of options!

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. (And try to remember it on my next trip).

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. (And try to remember it on my next trip).

I had so much to remember to try and do and eat that I kept a notepad in my phone of things! I still didn't get everything accomplished. :( That's why there's always next time!!

Wow - what a great trip report. I have just joined so I can post you a reply. (Hope it works!)It looks like you had a blast. You sound so like me it's unreal, down to crying at the gates as you enter WDW to your comments around Stacey etc. I have already started getting myself some crowns for my trip later in the year (you inspired me) to go with my Mickey ears. I've been to WDW for the past 16 years (every year) from the UK and its cost me a fortune. With your trip report you've kept it alive. Can't wait for the rest of the updates. Loving the photos too.

You are so freaking sweet, I got goosebumps reading your reply! I'm so happy I have inspired you to get crowns, every girl is a princess and sometimes it's nice to broadcast it with headwear! I hope you have a blast when you go, and you'll have to write a trip report so I can live vicariously through you! I want to go back so bad! Disney is just unreal, I can't even explain in words how much I love it. I'm happiest at Disney! :)

Disney80

I had so much to remember to try and do and eat that I kept a notepad in my phone of things! I still didn't get everything accomplished. :( That's why there's always next time!!

That's why my last trip was in 2008 and my parents was in 2005. :jawdrop:
I've always told myself not to skip more than 2-3 years in between each trip but life happens and sends you on a different path.:rolleyes:

2014 is meant to be, I just have this gut-feeling it will become a reality. Is it mid-September yet? :hilarious:

DisSplash

Hello from the World!!!! We did AK today and tried out the Flame Tree BBQ after I read about it in your TR .... It did not disappoint - It was pretty good! I took some pics of the tasty food which I will post if I ever write a TR myself! But really I had to post today because we decided to check out AK Lodge today on a whim to see if we could get into Boma!! Once again I was inspired by your TR! Lucky for us we were able to get in with our kids at 4:30 and we had a blast! The food was really a great culinary exploration for us with so many flavors to choose from (the seafood gumbo in particular was OMG good!) and the Zebra Dome totally lived up to its hype. So, so, so good!! So a quick thank you to you from us down here at the World!!! 7 more park days to go - woo hoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom