1 park per day?

mtownmagic

Original Poster
Hi everyone! :wave: My family and I are heading to Disney World for the very first time during the second week of June. We all decided to purchase the 6-day MYW tickets with water park option. That leads me to my question(s). Is it possible to do 1 park per day? Also, is it possible to do both water parks in 1 day?

Your response to those questions will be greatly appreciated!:)

YQY747

You might be able to do MGM and AK in one day, but I would say 2 days for MK and Epcot. If your ticket's are park hopper then it should make this easier. Enjoy your trip.

robynchic

I know you can do one park a day; but you won't have enough time in the day to do everything in the Magic Kingdom (unless you do Extra Magic Hours). I don't know about the water parks, though.

Boomer55

We usually do 5 day passes. 2 Days at MK and 1 day MGM, EPCOT, and AK. On the day we go to AK we spend the evening at Down Town Disney.

The trick to doing EPCOT in one day is going on the day they have extra magic evening hours. Seeing that it is your first time, I would almost recommend 2 days at EPCOT so you can see it ALL, but if you have been there befog or know what your looking to do, then 1 extra magic hour day is fine.

As for water parks, we never actually have gone so couldn't say. I do think you need park hopper if you wanted to do them both on one day, but I can't say for sure.

Since1976

Wow, do you really plan to do Disney for six days straight? That would totally fry me and my family.

(I'm assuming you're only taking about a week vacation).

If you don't use up all your days, be sure to add the No Expiration option before you leave.

It is totally possible to do 1 park per day, but most people would recommend extra time at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

dolbyman

we did all 4 theme parks and universal studios in one week ... it was a hard time getting up in the morning (hurting feet and jet lag) but we did it :animwink:

MKCP 1985

You have come to the right place for insight and help into planning a WDW vacation. To answer your question will really depend upon how you vacation and what your family's interests and ages are. If you get a guide map and decide to do every single thing in the park, you will NOT be able to do a park in one day. Don't be discouraged - not everything is for everybody! Get a book like Birnbaum's or the Unofficial Guide and scope out what are in the various parks and devise a plan for how to see the things that are important to you.

Now, as for the water parks - I would say "yes, but exhausting."

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
mtownmagic said:
Hi everyone! :wave: My family and I are heading to Disney World for the very first time during the second week of June. We all decided to purchase the 6-day MYW tickets with water park option. That leads me to my question(s). Is it possible to do 1 park per day? Also, is it possible to do both water parks in 1 day?

Your response to those questions will be greatly appreciated!:)

Well, both are possible, but a lot depends on what it is you actually want to do. I would say that doing the two water parks in one day would be a waste. I suggest doing a water park for the morning/half a day and one of the parks in the afternoon evening. The commute between would waste a lot of time also.

As for the parks, do you want to run around, dragging the kids (ages?) to try to do everything, or just get a nice taste.

My personal preference is to be at a park first thing (EMH if possible) and go on the E tickets and fast pass. You can get a lot done without too much craziness. Then see some other things/shows and use your fastpasses at a more leisurely pace in the afternoon, or even take a break back at the hotel before heading out for the evening.

I would suggest you take a more leisurely pace, see your preferred attractions and plan to see more on a return visit. Enjoy your stay, don't make it into a job!

DisneyDellsDude

Whatever you do, read up on it so you get a sense of where everything is. Read some of the books that were just mentioned by some other people.

Have a great trip!:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
One park in one day depends on what you want to do.

Realistically, be prepared to not see everything, it's hard to get through the parks in their entirety and have time to appreciate them.

I would suggest getting the hopper option. If you choose a particular park and the things you want to do are down or the crowds are crazy, hopping to another park can save the day.

I've been to WDW four times for 7 days each trip, there are still things I haven't done. But I know I'll be back! :sohappy:

KrazyKemp

Certain parks for me are 1 day parks....

Disney Studios is a good example, with only two major rides, and a few shows it can easily be accomplished in a matter of hours.

Animal Kingdom used to be a one day park as well (it may still be, I haven't been back since Everest opened)

But with Epcot and Magic Kingdom, it is difficult to see everything you want to see in one day.

Epcot has so many things to see, and do. So many countries to visit, and a good number of attractions to experience. And Magic Kingdom is...the one theme park that you'll want to soak in and savor.

I always get Park Hopper passes, personally. You never know when an urge to ride Space Mountain will hit you...

bigorangeandy

My experience with the water parks is that for about the first two hours each day the lines are not to bad, then they get long like the other parks. A day at the water parks wears me out more than a day at any of the other parks, so we always make plans to go somewhere for the evening, but are usually to tired. Our motto has always been if we do get a chance to ride/see the attraction then it's a great reason to come back.
The only draw back to the evening extra hours is that park has a lot more people in it that day most of the time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you go to one waterpark early in the morning, you could get it all done before the park fills up in the summer (and it will, generally late morning - early afternoon).

You best bet is to go do lunch and relax awhile as you're probably not going to be able to get in the other park for a few hours. Wait until in thins out some, or wait until the inevitable afternoon thundershower is over.:lol:

Then you could go do the other waterpark.

WARNING : This can be extremely exhausting !! :wave:

Boomer55

This is the itinerary we will be using next weekend. Used something very similar last visit and got to do just about everything you can do at the parks.

Sunday, May 28<o></o>
<st1:city w:st="on"></st1:city>6:00 PM Check in and Explore/Swim - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> Riverside
7:00 PM Dinner - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Riverside</st1></st1:city>
<o></o>
Monday, May 29
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Magic Kingdom
8:05 AM Breakfast - The <st1><st1>Crystal</st1><st1>Palace</st1></st1>
1:00 PM Lunch in Park - any counter service
2:00 PM Break - Port Orleans Riverside<o></o>
4:30 PM - 11:00 PM <st1><st1>Magic</st1><st1>Kingdom</st1></st1>
5:00 PM Dinner in Park - any counter service
10:00 PM Fireworks - Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular
11:00 PM Parade - "SpectroMagic" Parade

Tuesday, May 30<o></o>
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM Epcot<o></o>
11:10 AM Lunch - The Garden Grill Restaurant <o></o>
1:30 PM Break - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> <st1>Riverside</st1>
4:00 PM - 12:00 AM Epcot - EMH PM
5:00 PM Dinner - Teppanyaki Dining Room
9:00 PM Fireworks - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

Wednesday, May 31<o></o>
8:00 AM Breakfast - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Riverside</st1></st1:city>
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM MGM
1:00 PM Lunch in Park - Pizza Planet
2:00 PM Break - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> <st1>Riverside</st1>
4:30 PM - 1:00 AM MGM – EMH PM
5:30 PM Parade - Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade
8:35 PM Dinner – Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
10:30 PM Fireworks - Fantasmic!

Thursday, June 1<o></o>
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Animal Kingdom
8:10 AM Breakfast - Restaurantosaurus<o></o>
1:00 PM Lunch in Park - any counter service - DDPR
4:00 PM Parade - Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
5:00 PM Rest and Fun/Swimming - Port Orleans Riverside<o></o>
7:00 PM Dinner - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Riverside</st1></st1:city>
7:30 PM Shopping and Exploring - Downtown Disney

Friday, June 2<o></o>
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM <st1><st1>Magic</st1><st1>Kingdom</st1></st1>
11:00 AM Lunch in Park - Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café <o></o>>
2:00 PM Break - Port <st1:city w:st="on">Orleans</st1:city> <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Riverside</st1></st1:city>
4:30 PM - 1:00 AM <st1>Magic</st1><st1> Kingdom</st1> – EMH PM
5:45 PM Dinner – <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Liberty</st1></st1:city>Tree<o></o>
<o></o>
Saturday, June 3<o></o>
8:12 AM Going home :(<o></o>

mtownmagic

Original Poster
wow..........thanks alot everyone! You all have told me things that i have not considered before and trust me, i truly appreciate it!

Now, from what i gather, MGM & AK are both do-able in one day, but it will be exhausting. Epcot & MK are both two day. Water parks are do-able, but will be extremely exhausting. I think i'm definitely going to rethink everything now.:veryconfu

Traveling with me will be 5 adults, 1 pre-teen, and 4 children (8,6,5,4). We will be staying at a vacation home outside Disney, so i guess the EMH is a no no for us.

I wanted to do the park hopper option but i was in the minority and out voted. They felt that we wouldn't have enough time to see more than 1 park per day, not to mention the extra cash we would have to dish out. I guess that we can upgrade if we wanted the hopper option right?

disneycop

It's hard to really have fun when you have to stick to a schedule.Too much like work....relax, take your time in the parks. You can really ruin the magic by stressing to schedule everything. There are too many varibles to interfere with a tight timetable.
We go every year now,at least once a year for 7 to 10 days at a time, and still find things that we haven't experienced. I like to experience as much as possible on each trip, but I won't recommend running yourself ragged to see everything. It is better in my opinion,for what it's worth, to do a different park each day and go back to the park that you may not have fully experienced on another day. The waterparks do get packed in the afternoon. Early is better!!! Leave a little magic to be discovered....on your next trip:)

CAPTAIN HOOK

mtownmagic said:
That leads me to my question(s). Is it possible to do 1 park per day? Also, is it possible to do both water parks in 1 day?
Yes you can do 1 park per day - but with MK and EPCOT don't expect to do much more than about half of it (if you're lucky).

I always reckon on a day at AK and MGM and 2 days at MK and EPCOT.

Water Parks - can't understand why you would want to visit both in a day - do them on seperate days (if you have time) as a period of relaxation

SewIn2Disney

Boomer55 said:
This is the itinerary we will be using next weekend. Used something very similar last visit and got to do just about everything you can do at the parks.

]

Oohh....you'll be there pretty much the same time as me!

Staying offsite is going to make it a little bit tougher. Make sure you get up extra early, and give yourself plenty of time to make it to the front gate (I would say at least 1 hour). Just be sure to be there at park opening.....it's a great time to get all the "biggies" in then take a break mid-afternoon to recharge. I wouldn't suggest going back to your hotel EVERY day since you'll waste more time leaving and coming back. Maybe you could have your big sit down meal in the afternoon, that way you'll get into some air conditioning, and save some money too (meals are cheaper at lunch!). You could always leave at lunch and explore some hotels near that park (Contemp. Grand Floridian and Poly near MK, Yacht and Beach and Boardwalk is just a boat ride from MGM and Epcot, and AK lodge near AK)

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom