1-13-06 Everest photo update

imagineersrock

Original Poster
Hey guys-

This update includes shots from my last few trips to AK. These photos show off some of the new construction popping up near Everest, some of the latest additions to the area, and a close-up look at some of fantastic details for the attraction.

Enjoy.:)

Click here for the update

Thizzo

Great Pics!!! The mountain is looking GREAT!!! Everything seems to be coming together nicely. I would recommend dealing with the regular lines for your first experience on the mountain. Be sure you check out every little detail through-out the queue and keep your eyes out for HM's.

orlandorealtor

I saw the mountain range viewing area for the first time today...very cool. I also walked past what looked like an Anandapur Tourism Bureau information stand that was actually staffed. It was right near the DVC booth in the new tea stand. It didnt seem to be a DVC thing. Anyone know more?

1stStarIC2nite

I love that area with all the different postings on it... like the first 9 photos (and I think that's just the Disney Conservation thing.. hence the Mickey). They were very intriguing for myself to read, especially the ones like number 3, which obviously confirms an April opening, and I THINK it's new, but it may not be, but the one with "NEXT WEEK" on it obviously would be appropriate now with the previews coming very very soon. I love all these details! :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
hehe... that's the sticker I have

Attachments

• ama.jpeg
    ama.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54

1stStarIC2nite

I actually have a few questions...

So is the waterfall working now? Has it been fixed? Or if it has been fixed, are they just waiting to the previews to turn it on?

annnnnd...

I've read a couple places that the Yeti does not work 100% of the time. Does that mean that all the people who have ridden it already have not seen the Yeti and instead have seen the alternate show (I think I've heard it's just fog and strobe lights)?

Yen_Sid1

1stStarIC2nite said:
I actually have a few questions...

So is the waterfall working now? Has it been fixed? Or if it has been fixed, are they just waiting to the previews to turn it on?

annnnnd...

I've read a couple places that the Yeti does not work 100% of the time. Does that mean that all the people who have ridden it already have not seen the Yeti and instead have seen the alternate show (I think I've heard it's just fog and strobe lights)?

The waterfall is fine, but the rockwork around the water fall needed to be changed, some of the water was splashing on the track. So they are re-doing that portion.

If the Yeti is not working, he will still be there, just not moving. He will be in one static position.

Lee

Adventurer
Yen_Sid1 said:
If the Yeti is not working, he will still be there, just not moving. He will be in one static position.

Yep...think Harold from Matterhorn, but with spooky fog and lights!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom