1-13-06 Everest photo update

brkgnews

Yen_Sid1 said:
The waterfall is fine, but the rockwork around the water fall needed to be changed, some of the water was splashing on the track. So they are re-doing that portion.

If the Yeti is not working, he will still be there, just not moving. He will be in one static position.
I would think the Yeti would be considered a 101 figure. That is, one which if not working causes the entire ride to close until it is fixed. (I believe I read somewhere that the auctioneer in PotC is such a figure).

peter11435

brkgnews said:
I would think the Yeti would be considered a 101 figure. That is, one which if not working causes the entire ride to close until it is fixed. (I believe I read somewhere that the auctioneer in PotC is such a figure).
It would be except if the yeti is anything like the hopping brer rabbit figure on SplM. If he is going to be down often they will have to find ways to operate without him. That is why I hear that they will have an alternative show (lighting, sounds, etc..) sequence in the event of a Yeti malfunction.

yensidtlaw1969

I find it funny that the Auctioneer, one of sixty-something audioanimatronics in POTC is a 101 figure, yet the one figure of Expedition Everest that is pretty imperative to the story is not. I see the reasoning behind it ofcourse, I just find it funny.

Yensid "Do-I-hear-six-?-Who-makes-it-six-?"

"Six-it-be---six-yaks-!"

"I-ain't-spongin'-for-yaks-,-it-be-wood-I'm-after-!" tlaw1969

Yen_Sid1

brkgnews said:

There is no such thing as a 101 figure anymore. Show Quality doesn't matter as much anymore. Now, it is as long as the ride is running, they'll put people on it. They don't care if half the figures are workingor half the show is not working or not. They worry about throughput. Get them in, get them out.

brkgnews

Yeah -- I've been on Imagination a couple of times where Figment doesn't speak (in the section where he "takes over" the tour and makes you go into his house). He just sits there with his mouth moving, but making no sounds. It's weird because you can actually hear the AA making its mechanical clicking noises. At least with Everest it seems that they have plans for alternate lighting and such to make up for it.

JaclynR

The nighttime pics made me gasp, just gorgeous! Can't wait to see it with my own eyes!

<p>
Thank you for sharing your excellent photos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom