Trip Report šŸŽ¶ Everything is 'going to Disney to get a passholder magnet' Awesome! šŸŽ¶

tenor.gif

How this all came about:

And Disney said, ā€œlet there be annual passholder magnets, and there were magnets, and it was good.ā€

Laura said, ā€œI need to get that Donald passholder magnet before June 29, and Sean booked Old Key West, and it was good.ā€

What does this all mean, you ask? Are @imahistorygeek and @lostpro9het really going to Disney for a magnet?? Why, yes, thatā€™s exactly what we are going to do! Why??

šŸŽ¶Because Everything* Is Awesome! šŸŽ¶

*By awesome, I mean visiting Disney again, getting a magnet, escaping work, eating at new restaurants, and staying at Old Key West!

Hereā€™s our plan:

June 22 ā€“ Leave the kid in charge of the cats. Drive to Disney. Check in at OKW. Iā€™ve requested a refurbed area. Eat at Homecomin.
June 23 ā€“ Park stuff and eating. I believe tonightā€™s dinner is Brown Derby. Catch some fireworks.
June 24 ā€“ More park stuff and more eating. I think we may have lunch at MK at The Diamond Horseshoe. Dinner is Ale and Compass.
June 25 ā€“ Tiny bit park stuff and then going back home.

I was able to do alright on fastpass selections. The only things that I can remember not being available were 7 dwarves and FoP. The other Pandora ride had plenty of FPs available, but I said nah.

Itā€™s a super-short trip. Disney knows how to get us to come back. Offer up some flimsy thing to stick to the fridge.

Iā€™m posting this as a pre-trip report if you want to follow along on IG. This will not be a full-fledged trip report, but just a following along of what we are going to do on a particular day. If youā€™d like to follow along, my IG username is the same as here. Iā€™ll post pictures of the park, food, drinks, and other stuff, especially the magnet!

If you have any favs at the places I mentioned above for food and drink, please share.

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Hurray for Homecomin! You'll be able to navigate that menu, no prob. Hard to go wrong. Moonshine cocktails are interesting.

Brown Derby - I think the outside "lounge" area actually has different menu options than the real dinner menu. We had a great time at the lounge - a martini flight, small plates, all good things. Mangia!

Are the moonshine cocktails interesting or "interesting"? We're eating at the restaurant. We've been to the lounge many times and we've always had excellent food. We're excited to try the restaurant this time around.

If I lived in the same country as WDW this is totally the sort of excuse I would use for a last minute visit!

I honestly can't believe he said yes to going since we just came back, but I'm not complaining!

We love Homecomin'! Food is great, service is better, and the moonshine really depends on your taste. I loved the moonshine, DW thought it was ok, until the waiter brought a complimentary watermelon one that she loved!

I've been wanting to try Homecomin' for a while. I'm Southern, the food is Southern, so...

I'm looking to try The Local. Pictures look nice. I hope it tastes nice as well.

Just started following you on IG. Short trips can be super fun!

Yay! Thanks for following along!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Are the moonshine cocktails interesting or "interesting"?

Umm...I guess "interesting" because I just looked at the menu to refresh my memory, and what I ordered was not a moonshine cocktail! It was the Basil Smash - because I love basil and I'm on a bourbon kick.

The trick for me is avoiding drinks that are too sweet. Even though all diets are off at WDW, I don't really enjoy a sweet drink (unless I'm only having one. And how often does that happen? :rolleyes:) I've learned to ask for reduced or no simple syrup, things like that, but I also hate to mess with the creator's recipe.

Purchased our supplies for the trip and brought out our DVC box!
View attachment 290341

We should be heading to a park this time next week!

This pic made me want to go. Reminded me of my own pile of stuff on the table before we go.

lostpro9het

Ooo really excited to hear thoughts on Ale & Compass. Considering stopping off there sometime on our next trip. Might skip Sunshine Seasons for A&C.
Im looking forward to it too. I've been hearing mixed reviews about it so far and for an establishment with "Ale" in the title the posted beer menu is kinda "meh" but there is one nitro porter I've yet to have so there's that.

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
The Diamond Horseshoe has met its end by way of a canceled reservation. I just saw a review of it today and while I did not have high expectations, the food pictures and review just lowered them even more.

We're really not lunch table service folks, so our hearts were not broken. I'd rather have the meat and cheese plate plus the pretzel at Tap House. Now that's a yummy lunch.

Shane7694

The Diamond Horseshoe has met its end by way of a canceled reservation. I just saw a review of it today and while I did not have high expectations, the food pictures and review just lowered them even more.

We're really not lunch table service folks, so our hearts were not broken. I'd rather have the meat and cheese plate plus the pretzel at Tap House. Now that's a yummy lunch.

Donā€™t eat at The Diamond Horseshoe!! We ate there last July and I got sick from it.

wishes2013

The Mac and cheese at Homecomin is to die for. Hands down my favorite food ever šŸ˜€
I had a few appetizers at Ale and Compass, so I canā€™t speak for the entrees, but there was a goat cheese? I think that was really good. The buffalo cauliflower sounded good on paper, but came out cold and was a let down šŸ™

Enjoy your trip! (And the magnet šŸ˜‰)

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
The "creep" descended upon the household. We were ready to start our journey today, alas, I have a presentation that I cannot miss. When will real life stop interfering with our plans?

We have our FPs ready, but I also want to do some things we normally don't do.

Any suggestions? What is your favorite activity in each park that is not a ride and food?

lostpro9het

The "creep" descended upon the household. We were ready to start our journey today, alas, I have a presentation that I cannot miss. When will real life stop interfering with our plans?

We have our FPs ready, but I also want to do some things we normally don't do.

Any suggestions? What is your favorite activity in each park that is not a ride and food?

Adulting sux too, there is availability at SSR and the POLY today :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom