“Something major” coming to DHS???

TheIceBaron

I said the same thing elsewhere. I'd love if they brought Frozen Journey to the US parks just because it would mean they'd have to get rid of Frozen Ever After.

When I originally raised the Frozen possibility coming to DHS I was more saying that they could do that or some sort of other princess equivalent. I just think that part of the IP mandate includes the popular princesses as those IPs are very profitable and DHS doesn’t have that much of a princess presence. I know some families that just skip DHS because of lack of princesses.

It does seem to track with what they are doing with the other parks whether it’s Moana or Encanto, trying to lure the demographic that is drawn to that type of IP.

The Leader of the Club

DHS doesn’t have that much of a princess presence. I know some families that just skip DHS because of lack of princesses.
DHS actually has a pretty large princess presence. Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Frozen all have live shows. Live-Action Ariel currently meets at One Man’s Dream. Princesses are all over Fantasmic now.

DAK is the one park with virtually nothing princess related, which is probably why both Dinoland proposals included one.

doctornick

DHS actually has a pretty large princess presence. Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Frozen all have live shows. Live-Action Ariel currently meets at One Man’s Dream. Princesses are all over Fantasmic now.

DAK is the one park with virtually nothing princess related, which is probably why both Dinoland proposals included one.
Well Mirabel/Encanto isn’t really a princess but point taken

eddie104

A coaster is the last thing they need to add to DHS -- they need more people eating family friendly attractions, like a couple of major dark rides with high capacity that preferably won't get 90 minute waits.
Tbh any rides they add to the lineup are gonna get long waits just for the sake of newness and the maxed out current capacity.

aladdin2007

A coaster is the last thing they need to add to DHS -- they need more people eating family friendly attractions, like a couple of major dark rides with high capacity that preferably won't get 90 minute waits.
I never understood why they didn't add one of the monsters inc dark rides...sure it may be not be huge but seems like a nice dark ride for the whole family. This park needs something in that style and ride format. I wish they would go back to doing those its what they were good at it, instead of all these massive big box attractions.

ToTBellHop

I never understood why they didn't add one of the monsters inc dark rides...sure it may be not be huge but seems like a nice dark ride for the whole family. This park needs something in that style and ride format. I wish they would go back to doing those its what they were good at it, instead of all these massive big box attractions.
That would be too simple. So instead we will propose $300 million rides that will sit in development hell for 12 years.

DCLcruiser

I dunno, I remember waiting 2+ hours to ride a 30 second roller coaster as a kid.

Bocabear

no matter what the Dark ride, it will have 90 minute waits... The park needs more attractions... So, door coaster? YES! and..... Dark rides? YEs! and....Another spinner? Yes! and.....A people mover type attraction with multiple stations around the park? Yes .....

mickEblu

It is a solid dark ride. The only reason people hate on it is because Genie + has created 45-60 minute standby waits. Exacerbated by the fact that DCA has a grand total of two family friendly dark rides so the demand is high. If people were waiting between 25 minutes or less for it I think it would get a lot more love. It's a little bittersweet that the park might be losing it for the Avatar expansion.

UNCgolf

Tbh any rides they add to the lineup are gonna get long waits just for the sake of newness and the maxed out current capacity.

Yeah, I agree that anything they add right now is going to get long waits (other than flat rides) just because it's new, but the kinds of attractions I'm talking about should eventually (hopefully) settle in to 30-45 minute waits max. Something like a Monsters Inc. coaster would probably always have 60+ minute waits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom