“Something major” coming to DHS???

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Build cubicles in Stitch’s Great Escape and Wonders of Life.
Set up offices in all the resort rooms Disney keeps taking off the market to make their occupancy look good. I hear there are literally hundreds of them removed each quarter. In fact, start counting them as booked!!

They can start with the Galactic Cruiser.

doctornick

1) water chiller plant, if I had to guess I’d say that probably would be VERY costly to move
2) Main operations for the park ODV
3) entertainment base
4)executive offices
5) feature animation - office and technical workers and some other departments that I shouldn’t name. The building is currently at capacity.

Okay, that jives with most of what I've suspected. So, the way I see it....

Building 1 probably will stay as it is needed for park functioning and trying to put its use somewhere else would be very expensive and disruptive.

#2 & 3 are needed for the park somewhere but not specifically at those locations. So, developing a new building for those use and using the footprints for guest purposes is realistic. I suggested, for example, putting a new building(s) on the far side of World Drive and having a walkway over the road to get into the park would be a reasonable solution. Also, could consider putting a building south of GE/Echo lake in the current parking between the park and the Starcruiser (I don't like this as much as it might limit any footprint if/when the Echo Lake area is repurposed for future expansion).

#4 & 5 sound like things that don't have to be at the park. Sure, could be kept there if needed with anything else that gets moved, but this just speaks to getting some office space elsewhere in the general vicinity.

If you move most/all of this backstage stuff, you can also remove the parking deck (south of #3/4) as then parking could be placed next to wherever the new buildings are.

If you free up #2/3/4/5 and the parking deck that is a ton of space that could be used to expand the park. I'm not saying they need to use all of it, but it should provide flexibility put in a great expansion and not be that constrained by the footprint.

ToTBellHop

Set up offices in all the resort rooms Disney keeps taking off the market to make their occupancy look good. I hear there are literally hundreds of them removed each quarter. In fact, start counting them as booked!!

They can start with the Galactic Cruiser.
They can get all of the desk-job CMs into one Stitch theater if they set ’em up like airlines are planning.
1713233917263.jpeg

castlecake2.0

Okay, that jives with most of what I've suspected. So, the way I see it....

Building 1 probably will stay as it is needed for park functioning and trying to put its use somewhere else would be very expensive and disruptive.

#2 & 3 are needed for the park somewhere but not specifically at those locations. So, developing a new building for those use and using the footprints for guest purposes is realistic. I suggested, for example, putting a new building(s) on the far side of World Drive and having a walkway over the road to get into the park would be a reasonable solution. Also, could consider putting a building south of GE/Echo lake in the current parking between the park and the Starcruiser (I don't like this as much as it might limit any footprint if/when the Echo Lake area is repurposed for future expansion).

#4 & 5 sound like things that don't have to be at the park. Sure, could be kept there if needed with anything else that gets moved, but this just speaks to getting some office space elsewhere in the general vicinity.

If you move most/all of this backstage stuff, you can also remove the parking deck (south of #3/4) as then parking could be placed next to wherever the new buildings are.

If you free up #2/3/4/5 and the parking deck that is a ton of space that could be used to expand the park. I'm not saying they need to use all of it, but it should provide flexibility put in a great expansion and not be that constrained by the footprint.
That could all work though last I heard Jeff V is anyti office demolition. They could also potentially split the building in half in the atrium and demo the park side of the building.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
1) water chiller plant, if I had to guess I’d say that probably would be VERY costly to move
2) Main operations for the park ODV
3) entertainment base
4)executive offices
5) feature animation - office and technical workers and some other departments that I shouldn’t name. The building is currently at capacity.
Entertainment base is actually over behind Indy in what used to be the original cast services building.

fgmnt

Fair enough. I wish they would have added the table service to GE instead of TSL and had used the Roundup rodeo footprint for an (indoor) attraction instead. Would have been a better balance for the park.
If whatever comes next in DHS necessitates the removal of Disney Jr, I have to imagine that the attached Brown Derby could go as well.

I don’t think it would manifest in a signature table service experience in SWGE because that seems way too proactive and creative.

CJR

If whatever comes next in DHS necessitates the removal of Disney Jr, I have to imagine that the attached Brown Derby could go as well.

I don’t think it would manifest in a signature table service experience in SWGE because that seems way too proactive and creative.

I don't think it will, assuming TLM and One Man's Dream stay, that should be able to stay too. If they did need to make changes, they could do a Disney Jr something in the theater where the Mickey short is currently played.

PREMiERdrum

I think all of the Soundstage 5 complex is likely to stay.

I'm curious to those who have poked around - what of the old Soundstage Restaurant and Catwalk Bar is left? Anything? As hastily as it was first flipped for Bear and the Big Blue House, I assume there's still infrastructure hiding around there.

In the Parks
No

I'm curious to those who have poked around - what of the old Soundstage Restaurant and Catwalk Bar is left? Anything? As hastily as it was first flipped for Bear and the Big Blue House, I assume there's still infrastructure hiding around there.
So glad to hear this. Brown Derby is one of my family's favorites (at least it was back in 2017 when we were last in WDW!).

ToTBellHop

I believe it stuck around for Bear and the Big Blue House but was fully removed for the conversion to Playhouse Disney. Someone needs to sneak up the stairs at Brown Derby and tell us where it leads!

In the Parks
No
EDIT: It was just a reference to a miniseries called North and South from 1984! Nothing to see here!

From the Lion King at AK thread:
This year? That's new to me. I expect entertainment enhancements coming for next year and, should it move forward, an expansion at the NW corner in the coming years.

North and south. Good TV show.

Miniseries. 1984.

Heard some rumblings but dismissed them, happy to have been wrong!
Looks like yet another Blue Sky idea is to expand Galaxy's Edge with a Mandalorian/Ahsoka attraction (since these shows take place post-ROTJ, which came out in 1983, "1984 miniseries" seems to indicate one or both of these shows).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom