“Something major” coming to DHS???

doctornick

The only issue with building back there is the RNRC gravity building. It's a tall structure, and very well hidden currently. But once you open up that area for expansion... it'll become far more noticeable.

It's closer to the entrance to RnR itself than to any of this land. You can certainly still see the gravity building from points, but I don't think it would be any worse and they can arrange buildings in specific locations/heights to minimize the view of that.

MagicHappens1971

It's closer to the entrance to RnR itself than to any of this land. You can certainly still see the gravity building from points, but I don't think it would be any worse and they can arrange buildings in specific locations/heights to minimize the view of that.
Considering you can see Galaxy's Edge & the BoH building over there from SDD, and the hideous Guardians building from several locations in World Showcase, I have very little faith in Disney's ability ($$$, not creatively) to cover the building up.

DisneyDodo

I’ve always been a big fan of RnRC, but the recent additions of GotG and Tron have rendered it redundant IMO. I wouldn’t bulldoze it just for the sake of it, but if Disney wanted to go all out with a massive new land, having free access to that large chunk of space would be more valuable than shoehorning the land’s theme into the existing coaster.

DisneyDodo

Retheming RNRC to Lightning McQueen's simulator run in Cars 3 isn't a big stretch... Just saying.
I feel like it would be weird to have a ride that actually moves forward themed to a simulator. Generally, you go the other way, where the simulator is used to simulate forward movement (à la ST/MFSR), unless it’s themed to an actual simulator (à la MS)

RobbinsDad

Retheming RNRC to Lightning McQueen's simulator run in Cars 3 isn't a big stretch... Just saying.
I've never understood the belief that RNRC would be rethemed with another artist. They of course could, but why would they when they can add IP? And what IP could be easier to inject than Cars when the ride involves, you know, cars...

rle4lunch

I feel like it would be weird to have a ride that actually moves forward themed to a simulator. Generally, you go the other way, where the simulator is used to simulate forward movement (à la ST/MFSR), unless it’s themed to an actual simulator (à la MS)
True, but his crash in the simulator building wasn't simulated. He took out the building

Big_Shakalaka

There is a reason Imagineering was "fighting" on who got to bring this to Florida and in what park...
Its ride system is amazing with incredible possibilities for other IPs.
I've said since I saw the ride through video that I'd be 100% on board with knocking down our Pirates and replacing it with Shanghai's.

DisneyDean97

I’ve always been a big fan of RnRC, but the recent additions of GotG and Tron have rendered it redundant IMO. I wouldn’t bulldoze it just for the sake of it, but if Disney wanted to go all out with a massive new land, having free access to that large chunk of space would be more valuable than shoehorning the land’s theme into the existing coaster.
I agree, but I would want Disney to build another thrill coaster (with inversions) elsewhere. It checks off a category, and fills out the resorts coaster collection.

RobbinsDad

I've said since I saw the ride through video that I'd be 100% on board with knocking down our Pirates and replacing it with Shanghai's.
mat best thanksgiving GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

TimeDuck

At the risk of getting shot by everyone in this thread - given their recent major investment in her concert doc on D+ - doesn't a Taylor Swift version of RNRC maybe make the absolutely most amount of *commercial* sense in the last several years?

She is as brand safe as humanly possible as well.

I just am very hard pressed to believe WDW is interested in starting another large scale project at DHS anytime in the future, especially with DAK and a major MK one on the immediate horizon. Especially given the announcement of a Little Mermaid show re-appearing. A RNRC re-theme would give the park enough of a shot in the arm without a large scale investment to tide them over till the next development cycle.

Andrew25

At the risk of getting shot by everyone in this thread - given their recent major investment in her concert doc on D+ - doesn't a Taylor Swift version of RNRC maybe make the absolutely most amount of *commercial* sense in the last several years?

I just am very hard pressed to believe WDW is interested in starting another large scale project at DHS anytime in the future, especially with DAK and a major MK one on the immediate horizon. Especially given the announcement of a Little Mermaid show re-appearing. A RNRC re-theme would give the park enough of a shot in the arm without a large scale investment to tide them over till the next development cycle.
Makes the most sense for any sort of replacement of Aerosmith.

Mind you, I'm the last person in the world who wants this to happen... but from a commercial/corporate perspective, it has to have finance managers salivating at the possibilities. Very little ROI required, just lock in a decent licensing fee.

Can you imagine the number of spirit jerseys, pins, etc., they can sell!?!?

Tha Realest

Original Poster

She’s all four Beatles wrapped in one of the most beautiful women in the world that is the voice of multiple generations (all generations?) of women. She’s cracked the pop music code like few have ever done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom