“Something major” coming to DHS???

Smiley/OCD

CONFIRMED!! Starcruiser is being switched and rethemed to Olivia Rodrigo!!! Mom & dad, spend 5k to spend 48 hours with Olivia…
“Appear” on stage in concert with her, get a limited edition concert T-shirt with you AND an Olivia popcorn bucket!!!
Bob, way to use that $$$ for the parks!! That will definitely get Peltz off your back!!!

doctornick

It would at least be the least offensive place for Zootopia to go, though I still think if they’re going to duplicate an existing land, Carsland makes the most sense since a Hollywood to Route 66 connection actually kind of works thematically. Only problem is the Radiator Springs / Test Track overlap, but perhaps that can be mitigated by the TT redo.

How is Test Track a "problem"? Different park, completely different ride and experience. No reason they couldn't have RSR in WDW in DHS.

Stupido

To be honest, I'd much rather lose RnR than retheme it to another artist. Disney is just buying itself another 10/15 years by updating, and Taylor's fanbase doesn't scream thrill-seakers in the way a proper rock band did. Plus, I think Cosmic Rewind does everything RnR does, but better. Even when getting my favorite track (Sweet Emotion), RnR just feels a little stale to me these days. I'd let whatever's happening in the Animation Courtyard eat up this footprint (as well as Lightening), and make sure the new land has a comparable thrill ride planned in it.

JustInTime

Since Zootopia is going into AK, I think it’s something else.

My dream will always be Monstropolis. 3 attractions but the most exciting part is they could decorate Monstropolis at Christmas with lights. Have the show be hosted by Mike and them be powered by laughter and cheer.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Carsland makes the most sense since a Hollywood to Route 66 connection actually kind of works thematically.

Does HS have enough space for Carsland?

With all the land available at WDW I‘ve always thought it odd they boxed themselves in on the west by building HS right next to World Drive, then they built the backstage buildings right behind Indy which kind of boxed them in on the East, then they boxed themselves in on the south with Galaxies edge, other than a Star Wars expansion on the south and some small lands on the east and west I’m not seeing the available land. They could select the very expensive option of tearing down and rebuilding the (fairly) recently built backstage buildings and moving the parking lot, or move World drive, but without spending some serious coin I don’t see enough space for a major expansion.

doctornick

I don't think there's any particular reason to think that just because Zootopia is going into the ToL theater that it couldn't also go into another park. Plenty of examples (BatB, Little Mermaid, Frozen etc.) of them using the same IP in different parks.

My dream will always be Monstropolis. 3 attractions but the most exciting part is they could decorate Monstropolis at Christmas with lights. Have the show be hosted by Mike and them be powered by laughter cheer.

Actually, there was someone who brought up that the Door Coaster plans were being dusted off and considered so that might be something under consideration.

doctornick

Does HS have enough space for Carsland?

With all the land available at WDW I‘ve always thought it odd they boxed themselves in on the west by building HS right next to World Drive, then they built the backstage buildings right behind Indy which kind of boxed them in on the East, then they boxed themselves in on the south with Galaxies edge, other than a Star Wars expansion on the south and some small lands on the east and west I’m not seeing the available land. They could select the very expensive option of tearing down and rebuilding the (fairly) recently built backstage buildings and moving the parking lot, or move World drive, but without spending some serious coin I don’t see enough space for a major expansion.

If they tore down the entire Animation building (not only the guest facing part they use for Launch Bay but the offices as well) and the other backstage stuff in the area like the parking deck, they would be able to fit Cars Land in - with some modifications. One thing is they would probably have to swap it so that RSR and the mountains are on the left side at hte end looking down the street as opposed to the right.

Smiley/OCD

My dream will always be Monstropolis. 3 attractions but the most exciting part is they could decorate Monstropolis at Christmas with lights. Have the show be hosted by Mike and them be powered by laughter cheer.
Take the Indy show and surrounding area out, retheme Dinosaur in AK to Indy and you should have a large enough footprint in HWD for Carsland

Smiley/OCD

I give Carsland a 1% chance...I'll happily be quoted wrong in 5-10 years...or 20...if it ever happens
If I had a choice between Carsland and Monsters Inc, I’m taking Mike, Sully and the group…but I still think like Harrison Ford in the Indy franchise, the show is WAY overdo for replacement…

MerlinTheGoat

I initially thought this myself, but there's really nothing to stop them spreading the same IP out over multiple parks. As someone reminded me, Beauty and the Beast has a show in three out of the four theme parks. Little Mermaid will have a ride at MK and the return of the stage show at DHS. Nemo has an Epcot ride and an AK stage show. Frozen has the Epcot ride and a DHS sing along.

I have no clue what the IP they're going with for this alleged DHS attraction. But of all the parks Zootopia could be placed, DHS would probably make the most thematic sense. Plus it's still a current and actively used IP with a sequel coming next year, and there's the Shanghai ride they can clone. Probably pushes a lot of merch too. Again pure speculation on my part, but it makes a lot of sense. Not that Disney makes much sense anymore with their decisions...

peter11435

I initially thought this myself, but there's really nothing to stop them spreading the same IP out over multiple parks. As someone reminded me, Beauty and the Beast has a show in three out of the four theme parks. Little Mermaid will have a ride at MK and the return of the stage show at DHS. Nemo has an Epcot ride and an AK stage show. Frozen has the Epcot ride and a DHS sing along.

I have no clue what the IP they're going with for this alleged DHS attraction. But of all the parks Zootopia could be placed, DHS would probably make the most thematic sense. Plus it's still a current and actively used IP with a sequel coming next year, and there's the Shanghai ride they can clone. Probably pushes a lot of merch too. Again pure speculation on my part, but it makes a lot of sense. Not that Disney makes much sense anymore with their decisions...
The Lion King was once at MK, AK, and Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom