Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Songbird76

Haha it does! I didn’t notice that at first.

Oh I’ve seen it happen. I’ve also seen “rope drop runners” fall and bust their butts. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever in those situations.
On our last trip, we were walking toward Soarin' at rope drop and some people ran past us, managed to kick my 10 year old's shoe off her foot, it went flying, and the people just kept going. But there were some really nice people who stopped to help retrieve the shoe, as DD was getting trampled trying to get to it. If you are willing to mow down children in your quest to be first in line, you should probably check your priorities.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Last bit of the Seas

Still working on that feeding cage. :hilarious:

Lots of Nemos (and Marlins)

It was about time for my Soarin’ FP so I headed on over.

I didn’t wait too long. Maybe 10-15mins.

I can’t remember what row I sat on or if it was near the middle.

When I got off, I overheard some woman complaining that “Soarin’ would’ve been better if the CMs had given out the 3D glasses like they always do”. :bored: Mmmkay

I met back up with L, who was sitting near the Soarin’ exit. We decided that it was time for a snack and headed over to Seasons.

I got Oreo chocolate mousse. (Btw I love these tables. I know, random)

:hungry::hungry: Probably the best chocolate mousse dessert I’ve had on the property. The Oreos were crushed up and at the bottom. Definitely big enough for 2 people to share.

I can’t remember what L got, but after we finished our sweets, she wanted to ride Mission: Space, so we headed there next.

Next up: More EPCOT

maxntina

Last bit of the Seas

View attachment 361487View attachment 361488

Still working on that feeding cage. :hilarious:

View attachment 361489
Lots of Nemos (and Marlins)
View attachment 361490
View attachment 361491

It was about time for my Soarin’ FP so I headed on over.

View attachment 361496

View attachment 361492View attachment 361493
I didn’t wait too long. Maybe 10-15mins.
View attachment 361494
I can’t remember what row I sat on or if it was near the middle.

When I got off, I overheard some woman complaining that “Soarin’ would’ve been better if the CMs had given out the 3D glasses like they always do”. :bored: Mmmkay

I met back up with L, who was sitting near the Soarin’ exit. We decided that it was time for a snack and headed over to Seasons.

I got Oreo chocolate mousse. (Btw I love these tables. I know, random)
View attachment 361495
:hungry::hungry: Probably the best chocolate mousse dessert I’ve had on the property. The Oreos were crushed up and at the bottom. Definitely big enough for 2 people to share.

I can’t remember what L got, but after we finished our sweets, she wanted to ride Mission: Space, so we headed there next.

Chocolate mousse looks amazing!!! Can't wait to read more.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

I’m happy to say that this year’s Buzz topiary actually looks like Buzz.

He doesn’t look baked like he did last year.

I guess he went to rehab. :hilarious:

Along the way, we came across a custodial CM doing some water art.

I hadn’t seen a Minnie one before!

We did the green version. I’m still not brave enough to try orange. :hilarious:

After Mission: Space, I wandered around the area to get a look at some construction progress.

I’m glad they’re finally going to do something with WoL.

Even though I absolutely hate the thought of the Marvel IPs making their way into the parks, especially EPCOT, I am excited about this attraction. The technology for the ride vehicles is pretty cool. It’s somewhat similar to the Crush coaster in Paris. It’s supposed to be the longest indoor coaster in the world. Hope the Imagineers stick to their words.

It’s hard to tell from these pictures, but UoE has been completely gutted.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

I’m glad they brought back the Mater topiary.

It was getting close to 6 and we had done everything in Future World, including a brief stop in the sad situation known as Innoventions east (they need to put that thing out of its misery), so we decided to head back to WS and hang out over there until IllumiNations.

I thought the new Bo Peep and her sheep topiary was cool.

I’m not real excited about TS4. I thought TS3 was great and a good film to end the franchise. Maybe TS4 will surprise me.

Up next: More EPCOT

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

There are 2 sets of Mickey and Minnie topiaries this year. This one is located in Showcase Plaza and the other is over at the American Adventure.

The stage was being set.

For some reason they went ahead and put the globe in the middle of the lagoon. Normally they’ll send it over to the American Adventure next to the Golden Dream.
Example

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
GFT continued

We glanced around inside the pavilion for a few minutes before heading out.

The crowds were much better in the Mexico/Norway area than before, so we walked around Norway some and went inside the Stave Church.

They’ve added some cool artifacts to the exhibit.

With being a big fishing guy, I found these ancient fish hooks to be fascinating.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

The line for Akershus looked longer than the line for Frozen. :hilarious:

I couldn’t look at this very long before it made my blood boil. :mad: Moving on!

Fortunately I didn’t have to fight a massive crowd of dads holding their infants in the air when I took this picture. :hilarious:

We walked around Germany and went in some of the shops.

I forgot how much this clock cost, but it had a pretty big price tag.

Then it was time for one of my favorites.

Up next: More Germany

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Germany continued

Even the miniatures were sporting the F&G banners!

That’s what I call attention to detail!

Italy was up next.

I really love the architecture of the Italy pavilion.

L wanted a piece of chocolate, so we went inside La Bottega Italiana. While she was checking out, I noticed something by the register. I thought I was seeing things, so I stepped up to get a better look, but I about flipped out because I wasn’t seeing things. All alone on a rack was this.

:jawdrop: One copy left. I couldn’t contain my excitement and bought it immediately. :joyfull:

Check out the old Mickey logo on the price tag.

I’ve been searching for this CD forever and have only found used copies for $50. It’s from 2001, so I guess they’ve been digging out any copies they have left since the announcement. I had it shipped to Music because I didn’t want it to get messed up. I’m so glad I bought it because I never saw it anywhere again for the rest of the trip.

krisri18

Germany continued

Even the miniatures were sporting the F&G banners!
View attachment 362657
View attachment 362658
That’s what I call attention to detail!

View attachment 362659View attachment 362660

Italy was up next.
View attachment 362661
View attachment 362662
I really love the architecture of the Italy pavilion.

View attachment 362663View attachment 362664

L wanted a piece of chocolate, so we went inside La Bottega Italiana. While she was checking out, I noticed something by the register. I thought I was seeing things, so I stepped up to get a better look, but I about flipped out because I wasn’t seeing things. All alone on a rack was this. View attachment 362667
:jawdrop: One copy left. I couldn’t contain my excitement and bought it immediately. :joyfull:
View attachment 362668
Check out the old Mickey logo on the price tag.

I’ve been searching for this CD forever and have only found used copies for $50. It’s from 2001, so I guess they’ve been digging out any copies they have left since the announcement. I had it shipped to Music because I didn’t want it to get messed up. I’m so glad I bought it because I never saw it anywhere again for the rest of the trip.

Nice find!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

I really enjoyed this exhibit. They had all sorts of artifacts on display from different tribes around the nation.

After looking around, we continued on towards Japan. Some band that L likes called Simple Plan was playing in the America Gardens Theatre as a part of the Garden Rocks concert series, so she stopped and listened for a few minutes.

I think these gardens are soothing.

We walked in the department store, which I normally can’t stand, but it wasn’t very crowded and they’ve remodeled the inside and created a lot more room to move around, which is nice.

Taking this picture without the construction mess in the background wasn’t the easiest, but at least it’s not real noticeable.

When we got to France, it was around 7:45. L wanted to get dinner from Les Halles, but I wanted something different, so we agreed to get our food then meet back up.

Next up: Dinner!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You took some really great photos in EPCOT. One of my favorites was the photo at Norway, looking up at the top of the tower there, (with the line of people below for Akershus). I don't think I've ever seen that particular building angle shot before--very interesting perspective.

Spash007

After looking around, we continued on towards Japan. Some band that L likes called Simple Plan was playing in the America Gardens Theatre as a part of the Garden Rocks concert series, so she stopped and listened for a few minutes.

Oh Simple Plan - Their angsty music of the early 2000's were a big part of my almost emo days in High School!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Nice find!
Amazing find on the Tapestry of Dreams CD!!!
We got ours in 2000(?) when we were there, and it was hard to find then...

Trip is looking amazing!
Great pics around Epcot
And great work finding the CD
We have one and I enjoy playing it in our longer road trips

Still following

Max
I’ve been playing it nonstop! Really puts me in that classic Disney kind of mood.

You took some really great photos in EPCOT. One of my favorites was the photo at Norway, looking up at the top of the tower there, (with the line of people below for Akershus). I don't think I've ever seen that particular building angle shot before--very interesting perspective.
Thanks! When it’s not crowded, you can get some cool shots of the Norway pavilion.

Oh Simple Plan - Their angsty music of the early 2000's were a big part of my almost emo days in High School!
The theater was totally packed and people were standing everywhere just to get a glimpse. They must’ve been very popular back in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom