Trip Report ‘Tis The Season For More Disney! *COMPLETED*

Fa la la la la
la la la LA

But let’s be honest.
Which season isn’t the season for more Disney?
In 2017 I have been fortunate to experience winter, spring and summer in the world.
And now the holidays!
Since December is such a festive time of year at the parks, I think two trips are in order....don’t you?

Trip #1
Cast:
Tuvalu and Em
When: December 1-4, 2017
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: A Jingle BAM Birthday 2.0

A4132369-7260-4635-89F6-C4FB66018B71.jpeg

Join us as we attend our first MVMCP, wander around World Showcase like a couple of newbies, meet a forum friend and intentionally watch LOTS of fireworks....did we get to Illuminations this year?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Longers

Well who else would we be meeting at Riverside other than @riverside?!!

View attachment 254095

A little background ~ Last summer @riverside recognized Em, Woody and me as we enjoyed drinks in the lobby of the Poly (my home ;)). But she did not approach us out of fear of being considered a “stalker”. I realize that not everyone shares my boldness in approaching strangers (I did ask before taking that piece of cotton candy!) but I encouraged her to say hello should our paths cross again. When we discovered our December dates overlapped, it seemed only fitting to have a meet up at her home. :happy:

We chatted for quite awhile and discovered we had much in common, including staying in Acadian House. She was so sweet to remember Em’s birthday and brought her a chocolate bar from her hometown.
View attachment 254099

A nearby CM who was wiping down benches noticed our meeting and offered to take our picture.
View attachment 254096

@riverside had to catch up with her family so we bid our goodbyes, with tentative plans to meet up again next summer. Em and I were breakfast bound, but she did not want to eat at the resort....Gaston’s Tavern was calling her name.

As we walked to the bus stop we witnessed the “arrival ceremony” of one of those ridiculous Cinderella carriage strollers.

View attachment 254102

Loud music was coming from the SUV and each “princess” was given a red rose.

View attachment 254097

View attachment 254098

Since one of these monstrosities cannot fit on a Disney bus I assume the family was driven to the TTC and then used the ferry to get to MK.

Though I really want to go full-on snark (@wdisney9000) about the “need” for this product, I am going to refrain. :bored:

Glad you could meet up - it’s my home too and I miss it!

riverside

Well who else would we be meeting at Riverside other than @riverside?!!

View attachment 254095

A little background ~ Last summer @riverside recognized Em, Woody and me as we enjoyed drinks in the lobby of the Poly (my home ;)). But she did not approach us out of fear of being considered a “stalker”. I realize that not everyone shares my boldness in approaching strangers (I did ask before taking that piece of cotton candy!) but I encouraged her to say hello should our paths cross again. When we discovered our December dates overlapped, it seemed only fitting to have a meet up at her home. :happy:

We chatted for quite awhile and discovered we had much in common, including staying in Acadian House. She was so sweet to remember Em’s birthday and brought her a chocolate bar from her hometown.
View attachment 254099

A nearby CM who was wiping down benches noticed our meeting and offered to take our picture.
View attachment 254096

@riverside had to catch up with her family so we bid our goodbyes, with tentative plans to meet up again next summer. Em and I were breakfast bound, but she did not want to eat at the resort....Gaston’s Tavern was calling her name.

As we walked to the bus stop we witnessed the “arrival ceremony” of one of those ridiculous Cinderella carriage strollers.

View attachment 254102

Loud music was coming from the SUV and each “princess” was given a red rose.

View attachment 254097

View attachment 254098

Since one of these monstrosities cannot fit on a Disney bus I assume the family was driven to the TTC and then used the ferry to get to MK.

Though I really want to go full-on snark (@wdisney9000) about the “need” for this product, I am going to refrain. :bored:
It was great to meet you & Em!! I'm glad we were able to make it work. It was so much fun to talk to you both. I felt so comfortable talking to both of you that it felt more like I was catching up with friends than meeting you for the first time!!

I showed my boyfriend our pictures together & I think he was surprised that we met up! When I explained to him(months later) how I had thought about approaching you when we were at the Poly I think he thought I was crazy. I was excited to show him proof that this indeed took place!! I also told him that he will have the pleasure of meeting you this summer!!:) I said that he & Em, both being teachers, have something in common.

It might seem a long way off but with the way time flies(thank goodness, in a way, the cold this winter is getting to be a bit much) I think it's safe to say "See Ya Real Soon"!! I'm looking forward to it!!

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Conversation overheard between @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91

Tuvalu: This is a great picture of you
Em: which one?
T: the one with you and the cigar store india.........
E: What??
T: I mean the one with you and the statue of the local who likes eagle feathers.....

T: Do you want to stay for the Christmas party tonight?
E: I think it is sold out - I do not know how we will get a ticket
T: Its okay , I will go outside the gate and buy one from a Scalpe.....
E: What???
T: I will go purchase one from a person who resells tickets for a higher cost....

T: Getting hungry for lunch
E: Yes I am
T: Good - we are going to Be Our Guest
E: That place is really busy
T: Its okay I have a reserve.....
T: I have an appointment to have a table at a certain time....

T: This parade is great - look at all the characters
E: Yes I really like this parade
T: Look at Merida - she is from Brav....
T: She is the red hair Scottish girl who does not get scared.....

T: I want to stop at the Tangled area
E: Why?
T: I just need to
E: What do you have to do there
T: P
T: Its a tent shaped like a cone using canvas and poles.....

I could do this all day....

Max
Wish I could like this more than once!!!!!!!

amjt660

@Tuvalu
I promise to not bring out the snark meter on this one.;)
So, Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war(snark)!!

Wish I could like this more than once!!!!!!!
I do aim to please - Tuvalu sets me up nicely though

Max

MegRuss626

I live in North Hills so without traffic I could probably get there in about 45 minutes. You're tempting me to do a little road trip......:hungry:

Ahhh....gotcha. I’m on the opposite end. We live in Avella (near Star Lake/Post Gazette Pavilion/First Niagara Pavilion/whatever it is now pavilion lol) It is DEF worth the road trip!

blreinsel

@blgauger, have you encountered any of your students in the parks? Kids don’t think of their teachers as having lives outside of school and their reaction to seeing their teacher unexpectedly can be priceless!

Not yet, but I'm sure sooner or later I will! They really do think that we sleep under our desks. :rolleyes::p

Although @blgauger is not a fan, I love Clarabelle Cow!

:p:joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Conversation overheard between @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91

Tuvalu: This is a great picture of you
Em: which one?
T: the one with you and the cigar store india.........
E: What??
T: I mean the one with you and the statue of the local who likes eagle feathers.....

T: Do you want to stay for the Christmas party tonight?
E: I think it is sold out - I do not know how we will get a ticket
T: Its okay , I will go outside the gate and buy one from a Scalpe.....
T: I will go purchase one from a person who resells tickets for a higher cost....

T: Getting hungry for lunch
E: Yes I am
T: Good - we are going to Be Our Guest
E: That place is really busy
T: Its okay I have a reserve.....
T: I have an appointment to have a table at a certain time....

T: This parade is great - look at all the characters
E: Yes I really like this parade
T: Look at Merida - she is from Brav....
T: She is the red hair Scottish girl who does not get scared.....

T: I want to stop at the Tangled area
E: Why?
T: I just need to
E: What do you have to do there
T: P
T: Its a tent shaped like a cone using canvas and poles.....

I could do this all day....

Max
These are great! Just great! Really great! Really, really great!!

406BB5FF-D104-47A0-AE6C-5FDAC7E65CDE.jpeg

:D :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you could meet up - it’s my home too and I miss it!
I did think of you when I roamed the resort grounds. :happy:

Summers and the ice cream parlor is what gets me in trouble! They have a hard cap sundae....you pick the ice cream flavor and they pour their melted Sarris chocolate over it which hardens into a shell. OMG :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
That. Sounds. Amazing. :hungry:

Tuvalu is a joy to meet :D ;)
As are you and your DH!

Yes she is!!!
Back atcha!

That bus ride sounded awesome! :D
I always aim to make you jelly. :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was great to meet you & Em!! I'm glad we were able to make it work. It was so much fun to talk to you both. I felt so comfortable talking to both of you that it felt more like I was catching up with friends than meeting you for the first time!!

I showed my boyfriend our pictures together & I think he was surprised that we met up! When I explained to him(months later) how I had thought about approaching you when we were at the Poly I think he thought I was crazy. I was excited to show him proof that this indeed took place!! I also told him that he will have the pleasure of meeting you this summer!!:) I said that he & Em, both being teachers, have something in common.

It might seem a long way off but with the way time flies(thank goodness, in a way, the cold this winter is getting to be a bit much) I think it's safe to say "See Ya Real Soon"!! I'm looking forward to it!!
Em and I felt the same way. :happy: A summer mixer (see what I did there?!) is definitely in the plans!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

We never did learn what was being filmed in the hub but after coming across a few other sets that day, we deduced it was a South American show. Over the years we’ve witnessed many filmings in the parks and it’s always fun to stop and check out the goings-on.

Em and I walked through the castle to get to GassTUNS. How’s that, you may be asking?
GassTUNS is the hillbilly pronunciation of Gaston’s.
You’ll have to trust us. ;)

7B0A7BF3-BDC5-4AFD-8BA0-EB9B77B9EA57.jpeg

I think these rose cupcakes are adorable! (Sorry for the glass condensation.)
60839415-2B66-4204-A6A5-1F9519BF7EAB.jpeg

And even though I’ve been known to eat cake for breakfast, I decided a chocolate croissant was healthier. :joyfull:
0D04F44B-7766-47FC-B205-B85129C787C5.jpeg

Em’s craving for a cinnamon bun was about to be satisfied!

It’s time to play What’s Missing?
905BBAB5-0E60-4AFD-A41E-F91EDFDBB04C.jpeg

Anyone?

Here’s another clue:

4600F0A8-C497-44AF-B377-2B68F800F882.jpeg

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Saturday, con’t

We never did learn what was being filmed in the hub but after coming across a few other sets that day, we deduced it was a South American show. Over the years we’ve witnessed many filmings in the parks and it’s always fun to stop and check out the goings-on.

Em and I walked through the castle to get to GassTUNS. How’s that, you may be asking?

View attachment 254378

View attachment 254379

And even though I’ve been known to eat cake for breakfast, I decided a chocolate croissant was healthier. :joyfull:
View attachment 254380

View attachment 254381

Anyone?

Here’s another clue:

View attachment 254382

I would say Gaston’s chair?

MegRuss626

Saturday, con’t

View attachment 254378

View attachment 254379

View attachment 254380

View attachment 254381

Anyone?

Here’s another clue:

View attachment 254382

7C940C94-CE4A-4260-B332-D6C86A06840D.jpeg

GasTUN's chair!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom