Trip Report ‘Tis The Season For More Disney! *COMPLETED*

Fa la la la la
la la la LA

But let’s be honest.
Which season isn’t the season for more Disney?
In 2017 I have been fortunate to experience winter, spring and summer in the world.
And now the holidays!
Since December is such a festive time of year at the parks, I think two trips are in order....don’t you?

Trip #1
Cast:
Tuvalu and Em
When: December 1-4, 2017
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: A Jingle BAM Birthday 2.0

A4132369-7260-4635-89F6-C4FB66018B71.jpeg

Join us as we attend our first MVMCP, wander around World Showcase like a couple of newbies, meet a forum friend and intentionally watch LOTS of fireworks....did we get to Illuminations this year?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Tiggertoo56

Loved looking at Em's photos of the parade- cant wait til next year to see it for myself again. Hope Christmas went well in the Tuvalu household and that new year does too. Away over the next fe days so will catch up with your TR when I return home.
Happy New year to all my WDW friends. :joyfull:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
On a spring break trip a couple years ago, Em met up with one of her students and rode Space Mountain with him. This year Em has Matt’s sister in her class....and it just so happened that Caitlin, Matt and their mom were at tonight’s MVMCP. As we left Jingle Cruise, Em received a text with their location and we headed over to meet them.

View attachment 252489

We stopped briefly to admire this beauty.

View attachment 252488

Did you guess we were going to Tomorrowland?

View attachment 252490

If brother got to ride Space Mountain with teacher, it was imperative that sister did too!
View attachment 252485

View attachment 252487

We Moms rode together.
View attachment 252486
(I decided against doing the Tuvalu pose.)

Caitlin was so excited to spend time with her teacher. It was truly adorable to watch. @blgauger, have you encountered any of your students in the parks? Kids don’t think of their teachers as having lives outside of school and their reaction to seeing their teacher unexpectedly can be priceless!

Well this is the cutest thing ever!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
After leaving the Haus we made at pit stop at the Tangled toilets. There was a Photopass photographer taking lantern shots, but the line was super long and we didn’t want to wait. We did come upon a PP with no line and used it to our advantage.

View attachment 252936

With only a few minutes until the start of Holiday Wishes we set out to find our favorite bench. No need to fight the crowds in the hub!

View attachment 252934
Love the snowflakes on Harper’s Mill!

View attachment 252937

Perimeter fireworks!
View attachment 252935

Since we were close to my favorite attraction, I asked Em if we could visit the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future. (Oh wait, wrong story....but you know where I’m going with this!)

To our delight we came upon another PP without a line. He also had a lantern.

And I liked this one much better!!

View attachment 252950

View attachment 252951

Is this room actually stretching?
View attachment 252952

We did the Tangled lantern photopass and they had to have two helpers stationed for the photographers. It was a madhouse, and we almost got run over by scooters twice. One of the helpers was in charge of protecting us while we took the picture :hilarious::hilarious:

The BEST part of the parade is definitely the end segment! Toy soldiers, reindeer and Santa!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
View attachment 252995

View attachment 252994

And now the Marchers!
View attachment 252996

View attachment 252997

View attachment 252998

Don’t you just want to give him a hug?!
View attachment 252999

Santa! I know him! :p
View attachment 253000

We were also really impressed with the toy soldiers!!

As a new Mom who has a 6 month old who LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I must say I share in the dislike for Clarabell Cow! She drives me moo-arvelously bonkers!!!

We had no idea who that even was:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: so we told my daughter it was Minnie's cow:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As soon as Santa passed by we took the shortcut from Frontierland to Adventureland and headed for Main Street. The parade was continuing on its course and Em and I were hoping to exit the park before the parade was over and beat the masses to the buses.

Apparently Main Street was THE place to view the parade as crowds were three and four people deep. We snuck into the Emporium in hopes of better maneuverability. We didn’t get too far in the store before deciding it was easier to go back outside and walk on the sidewalk.

We didn’t expect to find it snowing ~ or more accurately SNOAPING ~ in blizzard form. We’d experienced Disney “snow” before but nothing like this intensity. As a glasses-wearer, I dislike the smudgy film caused by falling soap flakes and I was immediately glad we’d watched the parade in Frontierland....I wouldn’t have enjoyed (much less seen) the parade in the snoapstorm.

Em remarked that falling snow during the parade makes for better photographs. But she didn’t want to pull out her camera as we were on a mission to leave.

There were other folks waiting at the POR stop and we were delighted when a bendy bus pulled up and there was room for everybody. Twenty minutes later we were back in our room and in bed at 12:30 am.

Final Thoughts on MVMCP
Em and I were both surprised just how much we enjoyed the party! Because we had previously seen Once Upon a Christmastime and Holiday Wishes....for free....I wasn’t sure paying for party tickets would be a good value. But Disney has made it nearly impossible to visit the MK at night without attending a party (two of our three nights were party nights) and it had been a long time since we had been in the park at night without wall-to-wall people....so I gambled on a ticket purchase.

We received a great return on investment. Five attractions with minimal waits, a show, tasty treats, festive atmosphere and fireworks ~ plus the parade is much better at night due to all the illuminations on the floats! And we didn’t even take advantage of the special character meet and greets....there simply wasn’t enough time to do all that was offered.

Our “sold out” party felt like a low crowd day at MK.
We’re sold. :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Following along, loving the review. We have been to MVMCP twice, the first time was super magical. The second felt like a crazy busy park day.
That is my fear ~ could we have such a good experience a second time?

I’ve done three MNSSHPs ~ the first was fun though the parade was delayed by thunder. The next two were wash-outs....literally.....constant rain. Miserable.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, December 2

It wasn’t my birthday, yet I was the one awake with excitement at 5:30 am (especially remarkable since I’d had less than five hours sleep!) I let the birthday girl sleep until 7 am. We had a big day planned and didn’t want to waste time lounging around. :)

The first thing on the itinerary was a long-anticipated Magic meet. We wouldn’t have to travel far.

Happy 26th, Em!
AAA21E13-EDC0-420B-B13C-C21DF60523D1.jpeg

Riverside is simply stunning in morning light!
9589251F-94AB-4363-B028-E15CEF80BB79.jpeg

The water was so still....like a mirror, it provided a lovely reflection.

A3206431-AD5F-4852-BC77-E659E545BD10.jpeg

77EE0ABC-D759-473C-A582-73BE3D6F28BC.jpeg

408A34D5-E004-4494-969C-6C1CF07DF670.jpeg

Our Magic friend was waiting for us...who was it?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We didn’t expect to find it snowing ~ or more accurately SNOAPING ~ in blizzard form. We’d experienced Disney “snow” before but nothing like this intensity. As a glasses-wearer, I dislike the smudgy film caused by falling soap flakes and I was immediately glad we’d watched the parade in Frontierland....I wouldn’t have enjoyed (much less seen) the parade in the snoapstorm.

Snoapstorm . . . :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well who else would we be meeting at Riverside other than @riverside?!!

A236CF6B-6E20-40EC-AC67-D167637F05F3.jpeg

A little background ~ Last summer @riverside recognized Em, Woody and me as we enjoyed drinks in the lobby of the Poly (my home ;)). But she did not approach us out of fear of being considered a “stalker”. I realize that not everyone shares my boldness in approaching strangers (I did ask before taking that piece of cotton candy!) but I encouraged her to say hello should our paths cross again. When we discovered our December dates overlapped, it seemed only fitting to have a meet up at her home. :happy:

We chatted for quite awhile and discovered we had much in common, including staying in Acadian House. She was so sweet to remember Em’s birthday and brought her a chocolate bar from her hometown.
9DC761CA-C2A8-4528-AAEB-86EEA5079E0B.jpeg

A nearby CM who was wiping down benches noticed our meeting and offered to take our picture.
0EC57865-3650-4D7D-B4AB-273F0CD2CB5F.jpeg

@riverside had to catch up with her family so we bid our goodbyes, with tentative plans to meet up again next summer. Em and I were breakfast bound, but she did not want to eat at the resort....Gaston’s Tavern was calling her name.

As we walked to the bus stop we witnessed the “arrival ceremony” of one of those ridiculous Cinderella carriage strollers.

C1202812-4DC3-4619-BF06-7900C5DFA533.jpeg

Loud music was coming from the SUV and each “princess” was given a red rose.

B6742051-98BB-412E-8E89-4C2FDA5EA478.jpeg

4670B92B-8883-4937-97DE-1F3CE1C47E0B.jpeg

Since one of these monstrosities cannot fit on a Disney bus I assume the family was driven to the TTC and then used the ferry to get to MK.

Though I really want to go full-on snark (@wdisney9000) about the “need” for this product, I am going to refrain. :bored:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There were a lot of people waiting for the MK bus. Fortunately for us, we got the last two seats. We had a jovial driver who engaged (some might say taunted ;)) his passengers the entire ride.

“I see a lot of gentlemen sitting and ladies standing. No pressure, no pressure.”

“We’ll be at the Magic Kingdom in 45 minutes. Folks, I get paid by the hour, not the trip.”

“What’s the longest ride in Disney? The bus ride!”

Then for his coup de grâce, he played the following recorded announcement:
“Ladies and gentlemen, the Magic Kingdom is currently closed to incoming guests. We expect the park to reopen later this afternoon. If you have any questions, please consult your driver or another cast member.”

The bus got quiet as we all looked around quizzically. Suddenly the driver bellowed, “Just kidding! I wanted to see your reactions. They were priceless!”

Happy to be at MK? Or happy to be off the bus?
4E167094-5861-43C5-AF25-847908C81B52.jpeg

Christmastime is here!
E137D089-361F-491F-928A-0EFC8CAF077C.jpeg

@TrolleyFollower91 got to see her fave show! (But where’s the trolley?)
F08C0664-590F-4D0F-B14A-62681944B6C0.jpeg

Had to get her birthday button!
5713B07D-8A36-4214-B1A8-C65A4F55D900.jpeg

Ready for your Seinfeld reference, @amjt660!
393BA694-64CE-4706-B9AF-574D3DC79DFB.jpeg

Something was being filmed in the hub this morning.
EFF6602B-39F1-4D6A-80AD-CF85FA1A7D14.jpeg

1D2DEA78-C678-4AA9-B7D7-3C53701D9702.jpeg

I spy Mickey and Minnie.....in their jammies!
FF9DE61F-68E4-444C-881A-58C7ADE9ECFB.jpeg

amjt660

Ready for your Seinfeld reference, @amjt660!
Conversation overheard between @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91

Tuvalu: This is a great picture of you
Em: which one?
T: the one with you and the cigar store india.........
E: What??
T: I mean the one with you and the statue of the local who likes eagle feathers.....

T: Do you want to stay for the Christmas party tonight?
E: I think it is sold out - I do not know how we will get a ticket
T: Its okay , I will go outside the gate and buy one from a Scalpe.....
E: What???
T: I will go purchase one from a person who resells tickets for a higher cost....

T: Getting hungry for lunch
E: Yes I am
T: Good - we are going to Be Our Guest
E: That place is really busy
T: Its okay I have a reserve.....
T: I have an appointment to have a table at a certain time....

T: This parade is great - look at all the characters
E: Yes I really like this parade
T: Look at Merida - she is from Brav....
T: She is the red hair Scottish girl who does not get scared.....

T: I want to stop at the Tangled area
E: Why?
T: I just need to
E: What do you have to do there
T: P
T: Its a tent shaped like a cone using canvas and poles.....

I could do this all day....

Max

Last edited:

MegRuss626

Well who else would we be meeting at Riverside other than @riverside?!!

View attachment 254095

A little background ~ Last summer @riverside recognized Em, Woody and me as we enjoyed drinks in the lobby of the Poly (my home ;)). But she did not approach us out of fear of being considered a “stalker”. I realize that not everyone shares my boldness in approaching strangers (I did ask before taking that piece of cotton candy!) but I encouraged her to say hello should our paths cross again. When we discovered our December dates overlapped, it seemed only fitting to have a meet up at her home. :happy:

We chatted for quite awhile and discovered we had much in common, including staying in Acadian House. She was so sweet to remember Em’s birthday and brought her a chocolate bar from her hometown.
View attachment 254099

A nearby CM who was wiping down benches noticed our meeting and offered to take our picture.
View attachment 254096

@riverside had to catch up with her family so we bid our goodbyes, with tentative plans to meet up again next summer. Em and I were breakfast bound, but she did not want to eat at the resort....Gaston’s Tavern was calling her name.

As we walked to the bus stop we witnessed the “arrival ceremony” of one of those ridiculous Cinderella carriage strollers.

View attachment 254102

Loud music was coming from the SUV and each “princess” was given a red rose.

View attachment 254097

View attachment 254098

Since one of these monstrosities cannot fit on a Disney bus I assume the family was driven to the TTC and then used the ferry to get to MK.

Though I really want to go full-on snark (@wdisney9000) about the “need” for this product, I am going to refrain. :bored:

Sarris chocolate :inlove::inlove::inlove: and the perk is it’s only 20 minutes from my house along with their ice cream parlor!!! Good choice @riverside

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom