Trip Report ‘Tis The Season For More Disney! *COMPLETED*

Fa la la la la
la la la LA

But let’s be honest.
Which season isn’t the season for more Disney?
In 2017 I have been fortunate to experience winter, spring and summer in the world.
And now the holidays!
Since December is such a festive time of year at the parks, I think two trips are in order....don’t you?

Trip #1
Cast:
Tuvalu and Em
When: December 1-4, 2017
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: A Jingle BAM Birthday 2.0

A4132369-7260-4635-89F6-C4FB66018B71.jpeg

Join us as we attend our first MVMCP, wander around World Showcase like a couple of newbies, meet a forum friend and intentionally watch LOTS of fireworks....did we get to Illuminations this year?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've got some serious Disney blues setting in, so a @Tuvalu report is just what I need.
Hope I can chase some of your blues away!

Yay!!!! A Tuvalu TR to get me through finals week :D:D:D
STUDY FIRST.....read later. ;)

55 days out for us and I cannot wait!! following along on your journey
Welcome, Elizabeth!

More @Tuvalu fun, I am in.
You know we had fun, fun, fun! :p

You know I am in!
Happy to have you along again :)

@Tuvalu, you really need to go to WDW more often! :hilarious:
I'm trying @MinnieM123, I'm trying......

Can't wait to hear about it! Especially MVMCP!
MVMCP is up first!

Yaaasssssss! I've been waiting for this one!
Full disclosure ~ not a whole lotta drama in Trip #1. Trip #2??

Woohoo!! I’m in! A double Tuvalu TR is all I need for Christmas! :joyfull:
What a sweet comment :inlove:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I FINALLY CAUGHT ONE ON PAGE ONE!!!
Can't wait to read along! :inlove::inlove:
I'm so PROUD of you!! (No dryer lint was harmed in the making of this TR.)

My, how your hair has grown since July! :D

Best. Post. Ever.

Uh oh, @Tuvalu is starting her trip report - I need to get back on mine... :oops::oops::oops:
YES YOU DO!!!

Yay!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! I love the title too!!
Can't wait to share! :happy:

I can't wait!
Always enjoyable
Can't wait to read the upcoming report - more enjoyment from @Tuvalu, hoping that its as entertaining as others. Definitely helping with the Disney blues and it' the holidays too.
So nice to have y'all following along!

:cool:

Whoop whoop!!! Reading this will get me through the next 3 days till our own holiday getaway!! And hopefully we can guest star in each other's report on your second leg!
Hope I can get more posted before leaving....see you soon!

Looking forward to your report
Thanks, @dddisney!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, December 1

On Em’s bucket list was spending her birthday in the Magic Kingdom. She was able to cross that off her list last year when we spent a whirlwind 48 hours in the world. As a teacher Em’s vacation time is limited ~ but when I realized her birthday would fall over a weekend again, I floated the idea of another birthday trip. It took about two seconds for Em to cry “Yes!” and she immediately reached out to her favorite sub, who agreed to cover her class.

Fortunately I booked our room before Pop Warner and the Cheerleaders snatched them all (which was the problem we ran into last year.) POFQ was my first choice so I booked it.....at least I thought I had. Stitch ate the page and we were switched to POR. No big deal ~ we like POR too.

A week later it was announced that POR was going to become one of the four “dog friendly” resorts. While we were not happy with this change, we weren’t going to spend much time at the resort and the odds were in our favor we wouldn’t be assigned a “dog friendly” building.

Em originally was going to work a half day and so we had an evening flight out of Atlanta. Then her sub decided she wanted to work a full day, which freed Em up to leave earlier. I switched our flight to afternoon which gave us the opportunity to attend MVMCP for the first time. The birthday weekend would begin with a PAR-TAY!!

We typically have TSA pre-check when flying out of Atlanta. Not today. But the line moved quickly and at the end was an agent wishing everyone Happy Holidays (really!) and handing out complimentary luggage tags.

EF95E5E5-FD37-446A-82F8-3EAF9594BDE1.jpeg

6B9A80F8-4A5D-441C-96E4-5B9386E9E6E6.jpeg

(We southerners are a friendly folk!)

We got to our gate an hour before our departure.
EEC2191D-A4EA-4E13-82D2-5DF627E8CC58.jpeg

Despite checking in exactly 24 hours in advance, Em and I were near the bottom of the B boarding group. We did find seats together towards the back of the aircraft. As our plane left the gate the flight attendant began the safety spiel, which I typically tune out. But she had such a calm, gentle tone that I was drawn to listen.

“Because we don’t trust you, we are now walking through the cabin to check if your seat belts are fastened and your trays are in the upright and locked position.”

“In case of a loss of cabin pressure ~ which won’t happen, otherwise we wouldn’t have come to work ~ oxygen masks will drop down in front of you. Stop screaming and secure your mask by the rubber band.”

I bet she moonlights at the Improv!

And she was right....no loss of cabin pressure. The only loss we experienced was the WiFi connection in the middle of an episode of The Middle (oh the irony!) Otherwise a non-eventful flight (jealous @Mr Ferret 88?)

Just before landing we put on our Merry Bands.
C211BB52-67D6-4E3E-A406-8A2459A83BEE.jpeg

Here we come!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Obligatory airport picture for @Doc Disney.
66A58BE3-25EC-4784-908F-7B83973F03A8.jpeg

What a welcome sight....no lines at DME!
32B63EEB-6325-43FC-ADD3-892B323D94A7.jpeg

We walked straight through the queue and onto a bus.
1587280B-D078-42B7-B8C5-342D5063B31A.jpeg

And less than five minutes later the bus departed! We’d be at POR in no time!

Or so we thought.

No, this driver did not detour us through the back entrance of DHS like my driver in August did. Our delay was not the driver’s fault. Barely on the interstate our bus came to a standstill.

65BD3EF2-156B-480F-9EC2-4D005D41A83B.jpeg

Why aren’t we going the speed limit? Why? WHY?!

“Rush hour traffic,” the driver announced.
We Atlantans know rush hour traffic. This wasn’t it.
Sure enough, it was just a backlog of vehicles from a minor accident. Once we passed the tow truck we resumed highway speed.

Interesting tidbit: Carissa is no longer the host in the DME video. Now it’s just a female voiceover. And Gus the bus driver’s part has been whittled away to almost nothing!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
First stop, Port Orleans Riverside! Hooray!

BC884539-5A8A-4E49-A606-D5BBC87FD4D6.jpeg

It’s amazing how a few strands of garland can put you in a Christmassy mood!

Of course a magnificent tree puts it over the top!
D87024A6-F4DE-42A5-89CA-08AD9FFF9EE0.jpeg

I had received our room number text at the airport so we bypassed the front desk and headed for our room.

79F7F115-61A4-4DFE-BB07-02898A84A7D4.jpeg

Turns out we should have gone to Vegas instead. We beat the odds of getting a “dog friendly” building. As we neared Acadian House I pulled up the map and confirmed that yes indeedy, our room was in the dog section.

ACD3749F-844D-4249-AFC0-9F94C85B1B9A.jpeg

I mulled turning around and going to the front desk and requesting a building change. But we were anxious to get to the party (having already been detained by a long DME ride) so I decided we’d stay put at least for the first night.

How I miss bed runners!
552132FD-3A04-4BEA-BC86-C7115E913166.jpeg

There was a “Welcome Back” note for us. It had the managers name. I kept it in case I needed the name for future reference.
C104B6A6-BB5E-4C56-BF61-81C499A42D03.jpeg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
No way I’m at the beginning. Yes. Getting snacks...I’m in.
Oooh I could go for a snack!

Yay! I'm in for the adventure!
Yay!

Yay! I’d love to go for my birthday, but that’s in July... way less festive. I’ll have to live vicariously through your TR.
Any birthday spent at Disney is festive! Perfect strangers wishing you a Happy Birthday....it’s a wonderful feeling.

Count me in! And will be keeping my eyes open for you in the upcoming days!
I’ll be on the lookout for you too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom