Trip Report ‘Tis The Season For More Disney! *COMPLETED*

Fa la la la la
la la la LA

But let’s be honest.
Which season isn’t the season for more Disney?
In 2017 I have been fortunate to experience winter, spring and summer in the world.
And now the holidays!
Since December is such a festive time of year at the parks, I think two trips are in order....don’t you?

Trip #1
Cast:
Tuvalu and Em
When: December 1-4, 2017
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: A Jingle BAM Birthday 2.0

A4132369-7260-4635-89F6-C4FB66018B71.jpeg

Join us as we attend our first MVMCP, wander around World Showcase like a couple of newbies, meet a forum friend and intentionally watch LOTS of fireworks....did we get to Illuminations this year?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The BEST part of the parade is definitely the end segment! Toy soldiers, reindeer and Santa!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
View attachment 252995

View attachment 252994

And now the Marchers!
View attachment 252996

View attachment 252997

View attachment 252998

Don’t you just want to give him a hug?!
View attachment 252999

Santa! I know him! :p
View attachment 253000

Beautiful photo's on all the parade shots @TrolleyFollower91

But what is this CM doing? Looks like he is eating some popcorn along the way?
b11806e4-e27a-403a-9b4f-606e16914cbd-jpeg.252989

Kiwiduck

Six attractions before lunch at 11 am? ✔️

Em didn’t want BOG for her birthday lunch. But we couldn’t possibly skip it at Christmas.
View attachment 258436

Breakfast was ending and lunch had just started so there were plenty of tables to choose from. We wanted to sit as close as possible to the tree.
View attachment 258435
Two tables away is pretty darn close.

View attachment 258434

We shared the (wait for it) turkey sandwich. Everything about it was perfect today!
View attachment 258439
Two Masters cupcakes. We. Never. Share.

Lunch put us in a happy Christmassy mood....and made us forget that the Tragical would be coming for us soon.
I don't get the t-shirt and sticker. Is it something from TV or a movie?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ahh...December can’t come soon enough to have that sandwich! I’ve missed it so!
I hope you get one as good as ours....we've had some 'meh' turkey sammies (but not recently and hope it stays that way!)

Ha! I love the facial expressions for both you and Em holding those lanterns!
Posers! :joyfull:

But what is this CM doing? Looks like he is eating some popcorn along the way?
b11806e4-e27a-403a-9b4f-606e16914cbd-jpeg.252989
Perhaps one of the horses is gassy? :hilarious:
(@amjt660 knows you don't feed Beefarino to a horse!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
One day I’ll find @TuvaluI would totally line up for a Tuvalu meet and greet!!! ;)
And I would totally enjoy our interaction!!

Me too! When we decided to book for December, I came on here to find out my odds of a Tuvalu meet and greet would be! 👍🏻
Sorry you didn't beat the odds this year. :(

I don't get the t-shirt and sticker. Is it something from TV or a movie?
It is from the 1983 movie A Christmas Story. The movie is a cult classic that one TV network here in the States runs 24 hours non-stop starting Christmas Eve.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our wild ride I snagged another FP. In hindsight it probably wasn’t the best idea, but Em and I were not ready to leave MK yet. We wanted to delay our departure as long as we could!

Was it really 3 days ago that we stood in this same spot to watch Holiday Wishes? Why do Disney days pass by so quickly?
87CD55AA-4C64-4E7F-84AA-65EF6A4DE758.jpeg

One last cruise around the world.
E11AE7B3-F643-4F2B-A918-C747665BE430.jpeg

You know you’re a frequent visitor when you notice there’s a doll missing.
E966B767-0E58-4E0A-BFC2-211B496BF8FF.jpeg

Our names were displayed together at the end of the ride. That has never happened before....usually it is one of our names.

I have no idea what this but apparently it was unusual and warranted a picture. :joyfull:
FA1A2002-8F68-4582-90AA-272891A8764C.jpeg

All too soon we found ourselves on Main Street. A few more pictures (and a few more moments) to soak it all in.
B5B53DAB-5F71-4DEE-B26D-926EC20EED62.jpeg

98F30A29-8730-409B-B4B0-9A0EC1ADA153.jpeg

AC732097-1274-4C3C-A9C8-ED26DBF09924.jpeg

B809B44A-228B-4915-B1F8-63B0D49245BD.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I adore the poinsettia trees. And I was so happy to see how they are made on the Decorating Disney: Holiday Magic special! I captured this one on our walk to the bus stop.

7393FF9D-DCDB-4C86-AF5F-9A71129B28CE.jpeg

Em and I waited over 30 minutes for a bus. And when it arrived, a scooter had to be loaded. We were getting dangerously close to our Tragical Express pick up time. I began second-guessing my decision to book the IASW FP.....if we didn’t have the FP, we wouldn’t have ridden it (or anything else as the park was pretty busy.)

And we still had to get our stuff from Bell Services.....

We might be facing another Amazing Race elimination.

“What happens if we miss our bus?” Em asked.
“We’ll take the next one,” I said confidently. (Tragical pick-ups are scheduled every 30 minutes. We were assigned a time 4 hours and 15 minutes prior to our flight.)
“What if the next one is full? We’ve seen that happen before,” Em said. “And the people got turned away.”
“Then we’ll Uber.”

Sure enough, as soon as we pulled into POR we saw our Tragical Express pulling away. “Well we’ll have plenty of time to grab a drink and get our bags,” I announced to a concerned Em.

Thirty minutes later the next Tragical arrived. I handed our letter to the driver and was thankful he didn’t look at our pick-up time. But even if he had I was prepared to blame the tardy Disney bus driver (yep, I was willing to throw that driver under the bus! :hilarious:)

“I feel like a stowaway,” Em whispered as we slid into our seats. “I hope we don’t have to stop anywhere else.”

“Next stop is the Orlando International Airport,” announced the driver as he closed the door.

Em breathed an audible sigh of relief.

We arrived at MCO 2 hours and 45 minutes before take-off. Plenty of time to get through security and eat an early dinner.

This sign did not make me sad....
B45A2A5B-9E0E-44D2-98FB-326303D74CB6.jpeg

....cause I’d be back in only 10 days!!!

Coming Up ~ Part two
Tuvalu and Woody clubbing at WL

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I almost missed my tragical express bus last trip due to slow bus service at the MK. I waited about 40 minutes at MK for it. I had about 5 minutes once I got back to my resort to get my bags from bell services and visit the ladies. As I walked up to the Tragical Express stop the bus was pulling up. I was ready to just Uber it to the airport if I missed it.

krause

I love how you guys always get some park time in on your last day but I think that would stress me out wayyy too much. We did Disney Springs on a previous trip but we were off site with our own vehicle. Can’t wait to hear about you and Woody’s trip! :happy:

Longers

Monday, con’t

Em and I had another FP to use after lunch. We decided to jump on the MPB in Fantasyland to get there.
View attachment 258623

The “I can do whatever I want” attitude of some people never ceases to amaze me.
View attachment 258624

View attachment 258625
If she fell you know it would be Disney’s fault! 🙄

We disembarked in Frontierland for a final ride on BTMRR.
View attachment 258626

Are you still counting, @Longers?
View attachment 258627
No I’m not counting yet - The countdown starts from January trips :) - and I have to confess I am one of those people who would have been on that wall if I needed to be - eek sorry - safety wouldn’t even have entered my head but to be honest Chris would have probably stood right in front of me to make sure I didn’t fall - ah...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom