Trip Report ‘Tis The Season For More Disney! *COMPLETED*

Fa la la la la
la la la LA

But let’s be honest.
Which season isn’t the season for more Disney?
In 2017 I have been fortunate to experience winter, spring and summer in the world.
And now the holidays!
Since December is such a festive time of year at the parks, I think two trips are in order....don’t you?

Trip #1
Cast:
Tuvalu and Em
When: December 1-4, 2017
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: A Jingle BAM Birthday 2.0

A4132369-7260-4635-89F6-C4FB66018B71.jpeg

Join us as we attend our first MVMCP, wander around World Showcase like a couple of newbies, meet a forum friend and intentionally watch LOTS of fireworks....did we get to Illuminations this year?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our plan was to take the monorail to the MK and watch HEA, then catch the bus back to POR. But as we approached the Grand Floridian, Birthday Girl requested a look at the tree and the gingerbread house.

She only had a couple hours left to call the shots so in we went.

CD89CEC6-CB57-4984-BD5C-3DD0B2857D5D.jpeg

2EB93860-799E-4D7B-AB3F-EAF8A9383AC3.jpeg

23429C4F-2441-4CBD-9213-318DDA895B3B.jpeg

We descended the Grand staircase to get a closer look.

31F0F4BE-69FC-48C3-841D-D9EBF4862282.jpeg

0749AA13-D98F-4F4D-94AD-409EA2F69298.jpeg

F1B14436-D673-4186-BC0A-645C4BBE49A0.jpeg

This house (and its rich details) puts the Contemporary display to shame!

Warm beverages (for a price) were offered in the front lobby.
D26B9EA2-14BB-4BEF-801A-CAF9095570D8.jpeg

Look, Rudolph is bellying up to the bar!
49ECAEA7-09C7-459A-9E18-DC556E508979.jpeg

Want them!!
7969EE24-D7CD-4108-B8B7-3BCC9E614BD1.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We posed by the tree and sent the pics to Woody.

D6A1E118-CFF0-472F-99D6-FCB11966B1E6.jpeg

D4BFC6CF-87BD-4723-B5FC-24BB94A40B31.jpeg

Our little detour had cut into our time to make it to MK in time for HEA.

No worries, though.

We merely went outside to the marina.

Ready to begin?
1552EBC8-3C34-4958-ADB7-586A04707F14.jpeg

B2808ECC-52FB-4F08-A0CA-5063E76F5AB7.jpeg

398D95BC-A7A3-4748-8B0E-E676F758CC51.jpeg

There was a man behind us who, midway through the show, loudly asked: “They have a grand finale don’t they?” Then, when the show was over, he complained: “That’s it? The grand finale was pretty underwhelming.”

WHAT SHOW WAS HE WATCHING??? :in pain:

I had one last surprise for Birthday Girl.

I whipped out my phone and summoned an Uber, saving us a crowded bus ride back to POR. The driver took us right to our room. Birthday Girl was in bed asleep at 10 pm.

She couldn’t have asked for a better ending to her birthday.
Neither could her mom. :happy:

krause

You’re not alone! It was very upsetting to see it missing. Hopefully someone who has been recently (or is going soon @krause, @riverside, @becca)can update us on the chair!

I think I’m there after @becca_ and @riverside and @prfctlyximprct but I can definitely provide a chair update! That cinnamon bun has been calling my name ever since we got it as a replacement at Be Our Guest breakfast when they were out of pastries :jawdrop: and Gaston’s will be our breakfast stop on the 3rd! :hungry:

need2go2wdw

Em and I leave on the 7th. Woody and I will be there in early May. Have fun on your trips!

Aww, we will be overlapping a little! Are you leaving for Disney on the 7th or leaving Disney on the 7th for home? I began reading your trip reports last April because I noticed that we were there at the same time so of course I scoured your photos like a stalker looking for a glimpse of myself in the background lol!

And thanks, I'm really excited to have back-to-back trips planned! I feel a little like Shirley.... ;)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We posed by the tree and sent the pics to Woody.

View attachment 255253

View attachment 255254

Our little detour had cut into our time to make it to MK in time for HEA.

No worries, though.

We merely went outside to the marina.

Ready to begin?
View attachment 255255

View attachment 255256

View attachment 255257

There was a man behind us who, midway through the show, loudly asked: “They have a grand finale don’t they?” Then, when the show was over, he complained: “That’s it? The grand finale was pretty underwhelming.”

WHAT SHOW WAS HE WATCHING??? :in pain:

I had one last surprise for Birthday Girl.

I whipped out my phone and summoned an Uber, saving us a crowded bus ride back to POR. The driver took us right to our room. Birthday Girl was in bed asleep at 10 pm.

She couldn’t have asked for a better ending to her birthday.
Neither could her mom. :happy:

That's pretty incredible that he was underwhelmed with the HEA finale. I've only seen it from the park, but it was a spectacular ending!

Doc Disney

The Megan and Mary special ~ chicken nuggets and fries.
Whenever I receive cole slaw when eating out, I have one taste and then it usually ends up in the trash. This cole slaw was magically delicious!

Hey now, sometimes we eat other things....sometimes :joyfull::joyfull:
I feel like that coleslaw is always pretty good :)
I'm so bummed about the risotto :jawdrop: Hopefully it comes back soon!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks to all the “Team Chair” investigators on the hunt for Gaston’s missing throne!
@krause, @MeeskaMooska0714, @riverside, @prfctlyximprct, @becca, @krisri18
We’re depending on you!

That photo truly showed just how huge that Christmas tree is. Not just the height--but the width!! :jawdrop:
It was GIGANTIC.

That's pretty incredible that he was underwhelmed with the HEA finale. I've only seen it from the park, but it was a spectacular ending!
I have seen HEA many times now and the ending is ALWAYS spectacular!
P.S. I like your user name :cat: No need for a change....(unless you want Dryer Lint Lover or something to that effect!)

At the airport waiting to fly down at this very moment, happy to check on Gaston's home furnishings!
Have a fantastic time!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom