Space 220

sullyinMT

I’m still excited for the ambiance and unique idea of the dining room, but the menu seems very uninspired to me. Or, at least, doesn’t pique my interest. I don’t even know what I was expecting to offer an alternative.
Oh, well. More choice is good for the consumer.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well that's kinda disappointing.
I'll talk it over with my sister but honestly I rather spend that money on the Frozen dessert party if/when it comes back.

**Edit
Just shared it with my sister and she doesn't think its worth it at least not for our next trip.
We may do it at some point in the future.

Last edited:

StrawberryGirl

My daughter is dying for us to get reservations to this place! Question- it says reservations open September 20th. Will that be at midnight, or at 6am EST the way it opens up when you’re 60 days out from your trip?

paul436

The lunch menu certainly doesn't look like it's worth the cover price but I will try to get reservations anyway. I'm paying to experience the location. But I doubt it will be more than once at those prices.

Smiley/OCD

I talked it over with my wife (will be there the week before thanksgiving)…we will wait and try the new steakhouse at the Contemporary this trip instead…a LOT of $$ for the menu choices…we’ll let others be the guinea pigs lol

Weather_Lady

I'll be interested to see how they handle the Lounge. The lunch and dinner menus aren't very exciting (or at least, the only things that excite me are things I'd have to pay MORE for, so no thanks), but I'd still like to check the place out eventually.

EDITED TO INCLUDE MORE GRIPING: I'm wondering whether the Lounge will be walkup or ADR, and whether it will offer "space views" like the restaurant proper, or be the same space as what they're calling the "Departure Lounge," which is before you get on the elevators. If so, obviously there would be no view, and stopping there wouldn't serve as a workaround for those who want to see the inside of Space 220 without paying a minimum $50 for a prix fixe "meal" of chintzy-sounding items like an [unspecified] "beef blend" burger and "space greens" appetizer. And that $50 price doesn't even include a measly fountain beverage, a dessert, or a performance of Space Pants by Jonathan Cummins... :rolleyes::grumpy:

Last edited:

JohnD

I'll be interested to see how they handle the Lounge. The lunch and dinner menus aren't very exciting (or at least, the only things that excite me are things I'd have to pay MORE for, so no thanks), but I'd still like to check the place out eventually, even just for a drink and an appetizer at the Lounge.

I'm wondering whether the Lounge will be walkup or ADR, and whether it will offer "space views" like the restaurant proper, or be the same space as what they're calling the "Departure Lounge," which is before you get on the elevator. Presumably there will be no view there.

I have the same question about the Steakhouse 71 lounge. (Not space views, obviously).

Figments Friend

I'm interested, and fully plan on joining the bloodbath online for reservations when they go live on the 20th.

Menu looks good to me, and this is a place where the expereince is holding appeal.

Interested to hear reviews from others once everyone has a chance to check it out and dine there.

-

mf1972

i just happened to be up a little after 6am & tried for a reservation next month & there’s already no availability. that was quick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom