The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
@King Raccoon 77 James suggestion when I told him the lawn would need to be mowed later
Trash Talk Reaction GIF by Hobbs & Shaw Smack Talk

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
There are a lot of things I left out, but the ones I listed were more the things that directly affected me. Perhaps surprisingly, the worst was the Cuban Missile Crisis. We lived on the east gate of Plattsburgh AFB which was a Strategic Air Command base that had a large contingency of B-52's loaded with Nuclear weapons. That place was also considered that first place that Russia would bomb in the event of war. I was 13 years old and had a real threat of not getting any older. My bedroom window overlooked the entrance and the guard house and for what seemed like forever, cars continuously were arriving and entering the base not leaving until an agreement was reached. The big jets were in the air for most of the time, but the base was on super high alert. The city of Plattsburgh never got into the fallout shelter frenzy back then because we all knew that if a nuclear bomb had detonated anywhere on the base, a shelter would only serve as a travel vessel to the moon. All that would be left behind is a humongous creator.

I also think that anything prior to my fun vacation to the Vietnam War had the most affect. After you had people you didn't even know lobbing rockets and shells at you willy-nilly, the rest of everything, is just another thing to live through and certainly not shocking in the sense that it causes extreme anxiety. It really does not get anymore personal than that.
Much respect thank you for your service Sir

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom