News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomama

Where is the tracing? Can we not find out if these cases are from tourists visiting Florida for vacation or trace it to vacationers at a resort? Or is it locals?
Honestly with this type of exponential spread you would have to employ thousands of people to trace these cases. Florida just does not have the appetite to pay for that

Mr. Moderate

They will say mask indoors and in ride queues. It's going to be fine.
Not to rude here, what happens if it’s more? Is it fair for me, who took the vaccine and played by the rules, to be impacted by Disney furthering more restrictions, which they can easily do? I don’t want go again and have nothing available to me like it was last November. I don’t think the cast members or the tourists want to see a diminished experience with layoffs and closings.

With the numbers I’m seeing from the CDC I’m worried and I’m not going to easily dismiss it. Honestly I hope you’re right I hope somehow miraculously the numbers go down and we get more people to take the shots, but at this time I don’t have much faith.

pdude81

Not to rude here, what happens if it’s more? Is it fair for me, who took the vaccine and played by the rules, to be impacted by Disney furthering more restrictions, which they can easily do? I don’t want go again and have nothing available to me like it was last November. I don’t think the cast members or the tourists want to see a diminished experience with layoffs and closings.

With the numbers I’m seeing from the CDC I’m worried and I’m not going to easily dismiss it. Honestly I hope you’re right I hope somehow miraculously the numbers go down and we get more people to take the shots, but at this time I don’t have much faith.
After a year and a half of this, fair isn't an applicable standard.

Tony the Tigger

Do you know there are studies that show immunization after 2 months old can cause an increase in diabetes.
You know what else does? COVID.

Tony the Tigger

I'm not vaccinated, but had covid, so I have natural immunity. I haven't been sick in a year and a half, and yet somehow half the country is blaming me for their problems. I'll say again... The real pandemic is the mental health crisis
Pretty sure most people are not talking about those who have natural immunity (or people who have legitimate health reasons) when they are generalizing about the unvaccinated. We're talking about morons yelling, "Mah freed'm!"

Personally, I "treat" those who recovered from COVID about the same as I do those I know are vaccinated.

With that said, both natural immunity and vaccine immunity are likely to wane over time; we just don't know exactly how long. We do know there is documented reduced efficacy over time in Israel.

I hope your bout with COVID wasn't too bad! But if you've been well for a year and a half, I'd be concerned at this point. You might want to at least get the antibody test, if not just go for the vaccine for extra protection. (Especially depending on where you live, etc.)

I expect if I hit somewhere around the one year mark (which would be early May) and COVID is still a thing, I'd be looking around for a booster (unless doctors have evidence it isn't necessary.)

Tony the Tigger

Is it fair for me, who took the vaccine and played by the rules, to be impacted by Disney furthering more restrictions, which they can easily do?

It is fair, yes.

It is also fair to reevaluate your vacation and decide if it's worth it to you to spend all that money on a reduced experience compared to pre-COVID and, presumably, post-COVID Disney.

I've been back and forth a lot about my upcoming short but special and much needed trip. This year was supposed to be a fairly Disney-heavy year. With WDW, myself, and my husband all turning 50 between the end of August and early December, a whole bunch of Chase Visa points saved up, our vaccines all done and cases dwindling (until recently) we thought the coast was relatively clear to have a nice time.

We went for 3 nights last September with only one park day and made the best of it.

We have four nights booked (one off property, 3 in a Ft Wilderness cabin) for my bday at the end of next month. I've been back and forth on whether or not to go.

It won't be hard to cancel the room reservations pretty close to the date. We haven't purchased tickets yet. We'll either drive up or we won't.

Currently, I'm thinking if worst comes to worst, a few days at Ft Wilderness with the dog, and maybe a nice resort dinner wouldn't be so bad - especially all on points.

I'd rather get a 2-3 day park hopper, but even then, we'd probably mostly walk around outdoors other than meals. We'll book off-times (as we usually do, anyway) which will avoid crowds.

maui2k7

If the types of masks most people buy (such as from amazon) still end up with peoples glasses getting fogged up, how exactly is masking stopping the virus from escaping anyone’s mask unless they are using an N95? This seems like more a symbolic gesture than an effective method.

TrojanUSC

If the types of masks most people buy (such as from amazon) still end up with peoples glasses getting fogged up, how exactly is masking stopping the virus from escaping anyone’s mask unless they are using an N95? This seems like more a symbolic gesture than an effective method.

The masks people are are generally ill fitting but they are better than nothing. Numerous peer-reviewed studies show that masking is one of the most effective tools of this pandemic.

Chip Chipperson

Quoting from the CDC website:
  • Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 339 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
As emphasized by the CDC, these 6,207 deaths "do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines."

@fractal's statement "But thousands have died (per the CDC) after getting the shot" is technically correct although it lacks context.

Note that @fractal did not explicitly state these are "vaccine-related deaths", although when he wrote "I'm not going to put me and my family at unnecessary risk", this could be implied.

And that site can have reports filed by anyone - and explicitly states that a report alone doesn't prove a link between the shot and the death. If that's the basis for "thousands" of deaths then it's a huge stretch. And considering he never bothered citing a source himself for that claim or for his claim that over half the cou try has natural immunity to the virus I can only assume social media memes are his source.

yensidtlaw1969

Because the highest concentration of the viral load (spit) is still stopped by the mask and kept from traveling to others. The aerosols that end up fogging people's glasses both have lower concentration of the virus AND dissipate quickly in the air.

That's why the 6 foot guideline was put in place in addition to masks - by the time aerosols have moved 6 feet away from a person they are basically not potent enough to infect someone. So if you stop the spit with a mask and keep out of range of aerosol, the chance of infection is generally low.

This has been being said for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom