Rise of the Resistance

ppete1975

I went to Hollywood Studios the year prior to Galaxy's Edge opening so I've never been on Rise of the Resistance, but reading about the difficult way you have to virtually sign up for it is upsetting. I could only imagine how frustrating it would be if someone made an entire trip to Florida mainly to see the new Star Wars attractions only to find out they missed their chance and they can't even wait a long time in line to get on the ride/attraction.

Maybe if Disney opens up another E-ticket Star Wars ride and an interactive restaurant or show that might lower the wait times for Rise of the Resistance and maybe eliminate the need for the boarding pass/virtual check-in system.
my friend went for the first time in prob 10 years, got a boarding pass the one day he was able to be at the studios. And after a few boarding passes they shut it down for the day. I know its just a ride but that can be kind of heart breaking.

Fanthomastic

Followed all the tips to a tee. And it 7:00:01 the ride was full. When i hit join, all 4 people in my party displayed which made me think I got in. I confirmed immediately and it said the ride was full.
Ridiculous!

RoadiJeff

Followed all the tips to a tee. And it 7:00:01 the ride was full. When i hit join, all 4 people in my party displayed which made me think I got in. I confirmed immediately and it said the ride was full.
Ridiculous!
What sort of timepiece did you use to check for the time? Disney's time is synced to the EXACT atomic time signal and unless you have a watch or some other device that captures that signal and adjusts itself you might be a few seconds off and that makes a major difference when 10,000 other people are trying for the same boarding pass at the same time. I play the boarding pass game frequently when I'm at home, 1,000 miles away from Disney. I have never seen the passes "sell out" before 8 seconds into the hour.

Fanthomastic

What sort of timepiece did you use to check for the time? Disney's time is synced to the EXACT atomic time signal and unless you have a watch or some other device that captures that signal and adjusts itself you might be a few seconds off and that makes a major difference when 10,000 other people are trying for the same boarding pass at the same time. I play the boarding pass game frequently when I'm at home, 1,000 miles away from Disney. I have never seen the passes "sell out" before 8 seconds into the hour.
We used time.gov via another phone, (which is essentially the same as my iPhone ) and tried to refresh from my phone at 6:59:59am and 12:59:59pm. Missed it both times sadly.

ppete1975

does the boarding game only work for the first one or both boarding group release? Also what message am i looking for since im not there. I did it once on the second one and it asked me if my people were right and i said yes and it said one or more people is not in the park currently (paraphrasing) does this mean i would have gotten one?

ppete1975

Ridiculous!
you are correct it is ridiculous, no ride in a major theme park should have this situation. Im hoping they learned a lesson and look at better capacity going into the future (although disneylands seems to run better). Its one thing to say you have to stand in line for 4 hours for a ride that opened this week... its another for only a few seconds a day a game of chance tells you if you can ride a ride.

Fanthomastic

you are correct it is ridiculous, no ride in a major theme park should have this situation. Im hoping they learned a lesson and look at better capacity going into the future (although disneylands seems to run better). Its one thing to say you have to stand in line for 4 hours for a ride that opened this week... its another for only a few seconds a day a game of chance tells you if you can ride a ride.
You know, the attraction and galaxy’s edge were the reason we did the trip.

and then when we couldn’t get on the attraction, I just accepted it and moved on because Disney ruined Star Wars anyway as the new trilogy is terrible. The place doesn’t have much of a feel from the original trilogy (or even the prequel) so while I was impressed with how grand in scope the project was, I’m underwhelmed by the content of the product.

vikescaper

I’m really curious to find out why some people have a hard time getting a boarding group while others have an easy time. Of the times I’ve been to DHS since RoTR opened, my party has been been able to get a group every time except for once. The times I have been too slow at 7 am, my sister has always been able to secure one for us.

Fanthomastic

I’m really curious to find out why some people have a hard time getting a boarding group while others have an easy time. Of the times I’ve been to DHS since RoTR opened, my party has been been able to get a group every time except for once. The times I have been too slow at 7 am, my sister has always been able to secure one for us.
FWIW, a cast member told us that if they are having ride issues the day before, they may add less to the queue the next morning…making it harder because they are filling less spots.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Ridiculous!

Sit on this screen and don't click Join until 7 on the dot (if you're using time.gov) -

IMG_11C760A3E8EB-1.jpeg

It doesn't help, but yesterday (and today) were rough - only 95 groups called both days.

Fanthomastic

Sit on this screen and don't click Join until 7 on the dot (if you're using time.gov) -

View attachment 573433

It doesn't help, but yesterday (and today) were rough - only 95 groups called both days.
That’s what I did at 7am and I was then asked to confirm my group. When I did that, it was full already.

However I had a cast member tell me for the 1pm to do it at 12:59:58 and if it didn’t work to hit refresh and try again. That was likely the issue in the afternoon, as the split second it took to refresh was the difference. It didn’t even ask me to confirm my group. Both the morning and afternoon queue windows filled up inside of 1 second.

ppete1975

In that spirit, why not limit everyone to one ride per month instead of just singling out Passholders?
I would be fine with that. I singled out passholders because most vacationers are prob only there for 1 maybe 2 days per trip. I hear on social media and bloggers that some APs (the ones that are bloggers or youtubers) try to get a pass basically everyday, and ride anytime they can. While that isnt the majority and most people with an AP arent going every other day or even weekly, it would cut down on some of the people who ride all the time and give a better chance to those that dont have the opportunity to go whenever they want. At this point anything that limits the congestion and gives everyone a better opportunity to experience the ride is a bonus.

Movielover

omni mover or even something like a roller coaster but really slow (so the track not the momentum characteristics) you wouldnt need a lift hill or anything with magnets it could go pretty slow... kind of guardians tech where the carts would move to show you what to look at. The ride vehicles and complexity are causing the issues... of course disneyworld appears to have been rushed since disneyland isnt having the same issues. But even there, its not the capacity thats needed.
You actually just described the Journey Into Imagination ride system. Others can describe it better and @marni1971 has some incredible videos about it but yeah the trains all move along the track separately being slowed and sped up with motors , and If I recall right the original ride was planned to have a major elevation change but that was scrapped due to time and budget.

correcaminos

View attachment 573433

I disagree. You need to see how fast your individual phone is and see your reaction time. If you wait until it hits 7am you are often too late. Get in a good refresh rhythm. My phone refreshes is about a half a second. Some are longer. Figuring out your timing is key b

donsullivan

Premium Member
I would be fine with that. I singled out passholders because most vacationers are prob only there for 1 maybe 2 days per trip. I hear on social media and bloggers that some APs (the ones that are bloggers or youtubers) try to get a pass basically everyday, and ride anytime they can. While that isnt the majority and most people with an AP arent going every other day or even weekly, it would cut down on some of the people who ride all the time and give a better chance to those that dont have the opportunity to go whenever they want. At this point anything that limits the congestion and gives everyone a better opportunity to experience the ride is a bonus.
The practical reality is that there are no good answers. They have a fantastic attraction with stunning demand well beyond its current capacity. No matter what approach they choose some group of people will feel disenfranchised and be unable to ride on any given day.

At least with this model you don't waste your entire day hoping to ride, you know before you get there whether you'll get the opportunity or (assuming no major breakdowns) not. While I understand the disappointment of those who are unsuccessful on any given day, it is simply not possible for everyone who wants to ride on any given day to be able to ride and the Virtual Queue seems the most equitable approach to making the limited slots available. Everyone with smartphone has exactly the same opportunity for access.

And for those who want to throw out the "I don't have and I don't want a smartphone" or I don't want to have to carry it with me when I visit, it is unreasonable for you to expect Disney to hold back on technology development for the overall masses to accommodate you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom