FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCgolf

Everything on this forum is speculation. Including your opinions. Including mine. Now if you are an exec at Disney why didn’t you say so? 🙄

As I said before Disney will do what Disney will do. I am only hope they bring it back in some form or another because we loved it

There are several people who post here regularly who aren't speculating; they actually know what's going on internally at Disney.

TheMaxRebo

Outside the US, I've experience it openly and common. I believe one of the parks explains it as acceptable and a tip to us State people.

I visited Hong Kong Disneyland and prior to my trip was told to watch for line cutters. Apparently there is an aspect to the culture there that it is seen as "doing everything you can to get ahead" and is thought positively on.

And I definitely saw it while there. Some was really blatant but a lot of it was sort of gradual and smooth and after like 20 mints the people that were behind you are 10 people ahead of you ...and not just younger people - I saw a group of women who looked to be in their 80s who were excellent at it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks. I had to scour through it. Then, I finally gave up and looked up Max Pass lol. From what I gather (correct me if I am wrong), it's essentially the same as FP+ but uses your phone and costs $20 per day per ticket (so a family of 3 like mine would pay $60 a day. For a 7-day trip, that's $420). I'd go for that.

How did I do with my understanding?
There’s no pricing yet.

It’s likely there will be a small pot of free fastpasses. If these aren’t available you pay for a designated ride or rides depending on type of ride, group selected and price point.

It also likely you’ll be able to buy a set of passes for a certain group, eg the big Mountains, and ride each one once. It’s also likely that if you do that you won’t be able to get a pass for say PotC or the Dwarf Coaster. There will probably be single attraction passes available too and maybe an ultra priced Ultimate pass but again with conditions and no re rides. Most passes will probably also be return time specific.

Availability and amount of free or paid passes will vary and depend on day to day operations and attendance predictions.

Jedijax719

There’s no pricing yet.

It’s likely there will be a small pot of free fastpasses. If these aren’t available you pay for a designated ride or rides depending on type of ride, group selected and price point.

It also likely you’ll be able to buy a set of passes for a certain group, eg the big Mountains, and ride each one once. It’s also likely that if you do that you won’t be able to get a pass for say PotC or the Dwarf Coaster. There will probably be single attraction passes available too and maybe an ultra priced Ultimate pass but again with conditions and no re rides. Most passes will probably also be return time specific.

Availability and amount of free or paid passes will vary and depend on day to day operations and attendance predictions.
So the $15 or $20 per day per person is for ONE ride? Thus, if you want to use this system for 3 rides in a day, it would be $45-$60 per person? (with the ride limitations factored in?).

dreday3

There’s no pricing yet.

So, you could potentially by a set of passes in advance of your trip, and then while on trip, you can purchases more - dependent on attendance?

Does this still involve scheduling a ride time?

Probably dumb questions...

ImperfectPixie

There’s no pricing yet.

This sounds horrible.

CosmicRays

Yeah that’s not the reality of today. The reality of today is WDW is much more crowded than it ever was (prepandemic) so that’s not likely to change post pandemic which is where we are quickly headed. So let go of the past my friends. WDW is crowded all times of the year. The parks need a FP system in whatever form that takes
I was shocked the difference between my 2011 trip and my early 2020 trip. The lines seemed like they all had gained at least 30 min to 1 hr wait time.

CosmicRays

The obvious solution which you all have missed.
To lessen the wait times we need to lessen the ride time. Now, what I would do is just turn up the speed. Make space mountain cars go twice as fast. Pirates, let's throw on some thrusters and really crank it through the carribean. Mission to Mars? Well, if the ride spins so fast they actually launch into the air. Win win.
They call it the "P-ticket attraction" for puking.

Notes from Neverland

There’s no pricing yet.

Sounds sort of like the ticket book system but worse.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I was shocked the difference between my 2011 trip and my early 2020 trip. The lines seemed like they all had gained at least 30 min to 1 hr wait time.
In Feb 2019 I had no problem getting more FP's, even up until 6/7 pm... That led to us thinking we could pool in the morning the next year, lunch and then hit the parks at 1pm... leading us in Feb. 2020 to have a hard time getting any more FP's after 3pm when our last planned FP was done. Rest of the day we did reg lines, which weren't bad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
BTW, this thread is about FP+ being changed or going away completely based on insider info. So, if you have no interest in insider info and think we're all a bunch of cultists... you can stop reading and replying in this thread, because, doing so, makes you one of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom