News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

legwand77

I wonder, next time you have a surgery if any of you antimask people will demand no one wears a mask in your OR, after all they are uncomfortable, make communicating harder and don’t stop anything. Why in the world would surgeons wear a mask. It must surely be an unfounded custom at this point to prove their superiority 🙄.

Do it, I dare you.
Well considering when doctors wear masks in the ER it is not to prevent respiratory disease transmission.

tpac24

I just got an email that our school district is dropping their mask requirement starting next week. I feel like this is going to start becoming the norm and I wonder if Disney relaxing their mask picture policy is how they are slowly ripping the band aid off in regards to mask. It will definitely be interesting to watch if and when they do dump this policy.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I just got an email that our school district is dropping their mask requirement starting next week. I feel like this is going to start becoming the norm and I wonder if Disney relaxing their mask picture policy is how they are slowly ripping the band aid off in regards to mask. It will definitely be interesting to watch if and when they do dump this policy.
Arbitrary timeline... I'd guess the start of Food and Wine would be a logical time frame to relax the outdoor mask policy if nothing else. Yes, I recognize that Flower and Garden also has a dining program, but it's nowhere near as popular for the food side of things.

CosmicRays

I'm actually ok with Disney keeping the policy as long as they feel they need to. I would be ok if they altered it in the future to maybe only be required in an inside queue but keep outside mask free.

bdearl41

Once cast members are vaccinated Disney will start considering the mask policy. Until then I just don’t see it. CYA right?

Unbanshee

Once cast members are vaccinated Disney will start considering the mask policy. Until then I just don’t see it. CYA right?

Not all CMs will want to be vaccinated, so they can't go off of that. In my opinion, there are two big milestones to pass for relaxing mask mandates:

1. Availability to all adults - we've reached this milestone
2. Herd immunity - we aren't there yet

When we hit both of those milestones, I think Disney looks at removing mask mandates

ToTBellHop

Not all CMs will want to be vaccinated, so they can't go off of that. In my opinion, there are two big milestones to pass for relaxing mask mandates:

1. Availability to all adults - we've reached this milestone
2. Herd immunity - we aren't there yet

When we hit both of those milestones, I think Disney looks at removing mask mandates
The only problem is herd immunity is undefinable in any quantifiable metric. We won’t reach a point where no one is spreading Covid or dying from it.

Go with, “once 70% of adults are vaccinated nationwide.”

RSoxNo1

The only problem is herd immunity is undefinable in any quantifiable metric. We won’t reach a point where no one is spreading Covid or dying from it.

Go with, “once 70% of adults are vaccinated nationwide.”
I think it's going to come down to once everyone who wants a vaccine can get a vaccine.

The problem is, at this point in time children under the age of 16 aren't eligible due to insufficient testing. That's why the need exists for a higher percentage of adults.

The CDC came out today saying they're not yet ready to relax their recommendations on outdoor masks. I suspect the logic is similar to raising the speed limit. Yes, we know you can safely drive at 75 mph, but if we raise it to 75, then you'll be driving 85 or 90 which isn't safe. (Yes, I know there's also a fuel efficiency component to this, but ignore that for the purposes of the comparison).

TrojanUSC

I think it's going to come down to once everyone who wants a vaccine can get a vaccine.

The problem is, at this point in time children under the age of 16 aren't eligible due to insufficient testing. That's why the need exists for a higher percentage of adults.

The CDC came out today saying they're not yet ready to relax their recommendations on outdoor masks. I suspect the logic is similar to raising the speed limit. Yes, we know you can safely drive at 75 mph, but if we raise it to 75, then you'll be driving 85 or 90 which isn't safe. (Yes, I know there's also a fuel efficiency component to this, but ignore that for the purposes of the comparison).

I think would be great if they required masks only indoors, as all science supports that. However, the issue at WDW would be people "forgetting" to put masks on when they get inside. There's also a loose definition of what indoors vs. outdoors is in a lot of places.

ToTBellHop

It’s a bit more nuanced than that because areas are in different positions. Fauci actually suggested some areas are in a strong enough position to dial back restrictions like outdoor masking. The irony is that CA is arguably in a position to do that while FL is not, yet the opposite is occurring. :rolleyes:

My home state of CT is removing the outdoor mask mandate 5/1 and neighboring RI does it 6 days later.

bdearl41

It’s a bit more nuanced than that because areas are in different positions. Fauci actually suggested some areas are in a strong enough position to dial back restrictions like outdoor masking. The irony is that CA is arguably in a position to do that while FL is not, yet the opposite is occurring. :rolleyes:

My home state of CT is removing the outdoor mask mandate 5/1 and neighboring RI does it 6 days later.
So honest question. Are people actually outdoor masking? In NC that hasn’t been going on since last summer. Honest question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom