News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

Waiting for someone to post a graphic of how torrential rain impacts the spread.....
SCIENCE!! BOOM!!!

COVID.jpg

OF COURSE this is a joke. :)

disneygeek90

Clearly you’ve never been to the park a day before a hurricane. I have, with my brother. Walked onto everything at Universal, left at 3ish to drive to Tampa to ride out the storm (which was coming from the Atlantic, and only sideswiped Tampa overnight.)
Oh no, I have. I was at Epcot the day before Irma hit. And the day before Epcot closed for covid. That last day was even quieter than Irma, and everything was a walk on at Universal for the first couple weeks.

tpac24

But you are comparing the idea of being outside in a general day-to-day life of an individual versus being at a Disney park shoulder-to-shoulder a lot of the time. I don't care if they mandate 6' social distance. It is not being enforced the way some say it is. The transmission rate can be as high as indoors when you are jammed into a theme park that close to others. Being outdoors does not just magically make physics stop working. Want proof? (Not to be nasty or anything but...) Have you ever been outside at a theme park and someone walks past you after passing gas? Did you get a whiff of it? Yes. So please do not tell me that a 4' to 5' ejection of air from a person's lungs cannot transmit to someone just because they are outside. :)
Statistics are saying otherwise!

Last edited:

tpac24

Where has there been a large collection of closely packed large crowds outside together for an extended (>30 min) time to get those “statics?”
Tons of different studies being done. Google can be helpful! Also sorry about the typo but if pointing it out brings you a little a joy than have at it!

G00fyDad

Back on topic, has Uni or other theme parks decided when they may make similar moves? It may be something that dictates how fast Disney fully removes their policy. If Uni makes a move to fully remove the mask mandates in their parks then maybe Disney will too out of fear of losing more dollars to parks that do not require them.

tpac24

That crew doesn't work in Washington and never has. They work in labs.

Nope. Operation Warp Speed had NOTHING to do with Pfizer's vaccine production. That revelation is directly from Pfizer during the dictator's reign. But yeah, keep toting the old company line. ;)

I just remembered something. I have NO time in my life for people that tout Trump's mysterious and elusive "accomplishments" as if they are facts. I'll just add you to my "list" and move on to real conversations with people that do not believe in things without doing research. Bye. ;)
Please know that I am choosing to walk away from this and not "really" respond for 2 reasons 1. self righteous know it all post don't deserve any of my time and 2. I don't want to break the rules more than I already have.

ImperfectPixie

Please know that I am choosing to walk away from this and not "really" respond for 2 reasons 1. self righteous people don't deserve any of my time and 2. I don't want to break the rules more than I already have.
For the record...nothing I said was self-righteous.

The people who actually made the vaccines are the ones who deserve the credit. No one else does.

G00fyDad

For the record...nothing I said was self-righteous.

The people who actually made the vaccines are the ones who deserve the credit. No one else does.

You're right. Not even Biden deserves the credit for this (and he has never tried) but you are never going to convince people like tpac24. They are completely blinded by their ignorance and happy to stay there convinced in their own superiority. Add them to your ignore list and all the ignorance just washes away. :)

See?
f.jpg

DisneyCane

But you are comparing the idea of being outside in a general day-to-day life of an individual versus being at a Disney park shoulder-to-shoulder a lot of the time. I don't care if they mandate 6' social distance. It is not being enforced the way some say it is. The transmission rate can be as high as indoors when you are jammed into a theme park that close to others. Being outdoors does not just magically make physics stop working. Want proof? (Not to be nasty or anything but...) Have you ever been outside at a theme park and someone walks past you after passing gas? Did you get a whiff of it? Yes. So please do not tell me that a 4' to 5' ejection of air from a person's lungs cannot transmit to someone just because they are outside. :)
If the passing gas analogy works for your example then masks would be proved useless because, as Kelly on Real Housewives of Orange County said, "does your underwear stop a fart?"

The reason the analogy doesn't work in either case is because one is actually a gas and the other is particles of virus.

The reason that outdoors is a low risk for infection is because it is the most "well ventilated" that you can be outside of a clean room or something specifically designed for changing out air very frequently. It takes a critical mass of virus particles to infect somebody. Indoors or outdoors if somebody is infected and coughs in your face, you will be somewhat likely to get infected. However, the spread from presymptomatic or asymptomatic people is due to the particles building up in the air to the point that you can ingest a high enough viral load to get infected. Outdoors, these particles will not build up in any spot nearly as much. The more wind, the less build up.

If it is daytime, the sunlight will kill the virus relatively quickly as well, further preventing the buildup.

For an analogy, if you grilled burgers on a propane grill in your kitchen, it wouldn't take too long for smoke to build up to the point that nobody wants to be in your house. If you do the same outside, the smoke doesn't build up like that and everybody is having fun in the back yard.

G00fyDad

If the passing gas analogy works for your example then masks would be proved useless because, as Kelly on Real Housewives of Orange County said, "does your underwear stop a fart?"

The reason the analogy doesn't work in either case is because one is actually a gas and the other is particles of virus.

The reason that outdoors is a low risk for infection is because it is the most "well ventilated" that you can be outside of a clean room or something specifically designed for changing out air very frequently. It takes a critical mass of virus particles to infect somebody. Indoors or outdoors if somebody is infected and coughs in your face, you will be somewhat likely to get infected. However, the spread from presymptomatic or asymptomatic people is due to the particles building up in the air to the point that you can ingest a high enough viral load to get infected. Outdoors, these particles will not build up in any spot nearly as much. The more wind, the less build up.

If it is daytime, the sunlight will kill the virus relatively quickly as well, further preventing the buildup.

For an analogy, if you grilled burgers on a propane grill in your kitchen, it wouldn't take too long for smoke to build up to the point that nobody wants to be in your house. If you do the same outside, the smoke doesn't build up like that and everybody is having fun in the back yard.

What kind of mask are you using?

And my point was more to the travel of particulates even in outdoor air.

tpac24

Which is why wearing them on a rollercoaster seems ridiculous and over the top. I think people who advocate for such restrictions or walk their dog alone with a mask on are doing noting more than virtue signaling. My mask doesn't get pulled up until I hit the threshold of the entrance of wherever I am at and comes down immediately as I walk out. Fresh air is good for your body and your mind!!

Touchdown

Your underwear stops somethings, otherwise it wouldn’t smell at the end of the day and you wouldn’t need to wash it.

It’s amazing how we still can’t understand that just because something doesn’t entirely block something doesn’t mean it’s useless. Partially blocking things is very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom