News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Journey into Imagination sponsored by Apple.
Wait was this really a thing? I mean I always thought that Apple/Jobs getting involved in the parks was something talked about but more pushed by fanboys than actually something that was close to happening. Then Jobs died and it was just all fanboy dreaming. Was this actually close to happening?

sedati

Indeed. Central, Travelport and Futurecom were all full height glazing facing north.
1616030754022.png

Facing Earth Station mostly, and newly planted trees that would grow into quite a forest. There is hardly a vantage point from within that would show the legs and the underside which is what sets this icon apart.
Other than the park's entry funnel, they seemed to have gone out of their way to obstruct the geosphere from the park.
Spaceship Earth and Space Mountain are both horribly positioned and are not in harmony with the structures that both service and surround them.
Having grown up with these parks I'd never noticed the flaws until as an adult I was trying to get some nice photos of the two and found all the best angles are from the outside (I have hope the raised queue for Tron will give a great view of Space Mountain like the old photo spot did, though unfortunately, much like Spaceship Earth, it has a backside which will be facing Tron.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Facing Earth Station mostly, and newly planted trees that would grow into quite a forest.
Then who’s fault is that.

As I’m sure you know, pre Innoventions you could stand south of The Living Seas and look north east. An intentional berm was all that would block the view you want. That could have been so easily and cheaply fixed instead of the current mess.

Last edited:

sedati

Then who’s fault is that.

As I’m sure you know, pre Innoventions you could stand south of The Living Seas and look north east. An intentional berm was all that would block the view you want. That could have been so easily and cheaply fixed instead of the current mess.
After the prism we walk beneath the sphere where thankfully, most are looking up, because the other view is of a simple switchback. If we don't join those in line we literally walk around an enormous exit structure- blank walls on one side, trees on the other. Then we enter a second plaza. It has a nice fountain and landscaping. The crescent shapes basically focus attention back onto each other.
On one end, way... way... way... off in the distance is the promise of something... colonial- depends on how good your eyes are and you can tell it's going to be a hike. On the other is Spaceship Earth, or more specifically 2/3rds of it at best. Very often it's basically Spaceship Hemisphere. We have only just entered and from here on out, we NEVER get a full view of the park's icon. It is always "over there." Somewhere else. We are never again in its presence. It may loom in the distance, but it is always kept at a distance. Never in theme park history has there been less bang for that much buck (maybe Space Mountain- loved the views... from RIver County.)

JohnD

World Celebration construction at EPCOT​

Epcot_Full_41401.jpg
"No word yet on when we can expect any of this to open, but we understand there is a priority on reopening the merchandise location as soon as possible."

Naturally. Exit through the gift shop applies to the entire park, not just an attraction. $$$

DreamfinderGuy

Wow! When you look at that picture of the multi-colored Communicore building , it is jarring how ugly the paint job is... I have not seen it in a while with that area being closed off, and I forgot how absolutely hideous and unnecessary that paint job was...Yikes!
It is so incredibly ugly. I hope they have it all nice and repainted before MouseGear reopens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom