News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
if disney were to build a hotel with direct access to the park, id assume itd be here. It provides direct access via that pathway which could be walled off, its by the monorail for easy trasnportation to WDW, and would be easy to build a road/entrance area to the hotel relatively speaking. Could be a pretty sweet place to stay if done well.

View attachment 541851

That is indeed the “bus station” plot I mentioned earlier. More or less.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If the SW hotel is a success I wonder if Disney would consider more boutique highly themed hotels (not necessarily with LARPing, just highly themed) A boutique hotel that complimented Epcot would be pretty cool

But what is Epcot’s theme these days? The Bob’s sure as hell don’t have a clue, nor do the social media posters... I mean, “Imagineers”. A hotel themed to “a random bunch of movie IP” doesn’t seem to have much pull for the prices they’d inevitably charge. In fact, that sounds an awful lot like All-Star Movies...

FigmentFan82

But what is Epcot’s theme these days? The Bob’s sure as hell don’t have a clue, nor do the social media posters... I mean, “Imagineers”. A hotel themed to “a random bunch of movie IP” doesn’t seem to have much pull for the prices they’d inevitably charge. In fact, that sounds an awful lot like All-Star Movies...
I don't know, but I did not suggest Epcot had a theme

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't know, but I did not suggest Epcot had a theme

So how would you suggest they do a “boutique hotel” that is “highly themed” (your words, not mine) for Epcot? Genuinely curious, not trying to hammer you. I just don’t see what they could do at this point to make it “special”. They’ve abandoned the original “futuristic” theme for Future World and replaced it with Bob’s Movie IP Inclusion theme. Could they try to go the nostalgia route? Yes, but it would make them look kind of silly in the process.

FigmentFan82

So how would you suggest they do a “boutique hotel” that is “highly themed” (your words, not mine) for Epcot? Genuinely curious, not trying to hammer you. I just don’t see what they could do at this point to make it “special”. They’ve abandoned the original “futuristic” theme for Future World and replaced it with Bob’s Movie IP Inclusion theme. Could they try to go the nostalgia route? Yes, but it would make them look kind of silly in the process.
yes those were my words and it simply was just a thought that ended there. basically i think the simple concept of it could be cool if executed well. as to what that execution could be, i don't have an idea. a lot of people here generally do have cool ideas so i was more hoping someone would run with it.

it would be a hard nut to crack to try and find a theme that could be applied to a hotel that evokes Epcot in its most general sense. If I had to take a quick stab at it - Future World Rooms and World Showcase Rooms? A set number of floors are Future World themed and withing that blocks of rooms could evoke Future World Attractions? Same for World Showcase floors and room blocks split between the various countries? IDK, is that dumb? too much a hodge podge. What could an Epcot hotel look like?

Phicinfan

Well, if you put it in WS, you could design it for that specific country and the key features of that country.... just thinking.

As for IF it were going in front - say bus parking - and targeting FW or the Worlds Fair theme, you could have a ton of fun making different floors famous world fair areas - Eifel tower, St. Louis Arch, Needle in Seattle and such...

NelsonRD

Do you think in another 30 years, when I am old and my future grandchildren are in college, we visit Epcot and see the new changes that will invariably occur to current development, and actually miss part of it? Kind of like in 30 years from now, looking back at a 2020 automobile and being impressed with all the plastic and leather work.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Do you think in another 30 years, when I am old and my future grandchildren are in college, we visit Epcot and see the new changes that will invariably occur to current development, and actually miss part of it? Kind of like in 30 years from now, looking back at a 2020 automobile and being impressed with all the plastic and leather work.
I dunno, do people get nostalgic for the original DCA?

owlsandcoffee

I haven't either -- I just know the original Paradise Pier music was mainly Beach Boys songs, and you're really not going to top that. Especially in a park about California.

Definitely, I agree. My disappointment links in to that; while it is kind of silly to have a park themed around California IN California...it was great to have WDI's take on the Boardwalk Park, a nice piece of history.

The Rocketeer

look.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom