working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Second fitness update of the day. In light of the 14 year old losing her softball glove and me needing to drive up to the fields after work...as well as looking at paint chips this evening...I decided to work out during lunch.

50860047478_e3ff78541a_z.jpg

That's the result of 50 minutes of biking plus a cool down. I am so annoyed with the child that I just pedaled as fast as I could to get out the frustrations. I did some arms and stretching at the end. And if we don't find the glove, my husband has to take her to get a new one...that's coming out of her piggy bank...and she has to pick one that can go in the machine that can break them in.

Songbird76

Second fitness update of the day. In light of the 14 year old losing her softball glove and me needing to drive up to the fields after work...as well as looking at paint chips this evening...I decided to work out during lunch.

That's the result of 50 minutes of biking plus a cool down. I am so annoyed with the child that I just pedaled as fast as I could to get out the frustrations. I did some arms and stretching at the end. And if we don't find the glove, my husband has to take her to get a new one...that's coming out of her piggy bank...and she has to pick one that can go in the machine that can break them in.
How do you lose a softball glove?? There has to be a limited list of possible locations...like...if it's not on the field, it has to be in the locker room or lost and found, right? Where else does she go with it? It's not like regular gloves that you wear to the mall when you go with your friends and then take them off and shove them in a pocket where they fall out. It's special equipment only used in a designated place. And you'd notice if you dropped it...so how does it get lost?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
How do you lose a softball glove?? There has to be a limited list of possible locations...like...if it's not on the field, it has to be in the locker room or lost and found, right? Where else does she go with it? It's not like regular gloves that you wear to the mall when you go with your friends and then take them off and shove them in a pocket where they fall out. It's special equipment only used in a designated place. And you'd notice if you dropped it...so how does it get lost?

Here's just my guess: maybe she put it down somewhere, and walked away. Someone else saw it and took it?

Sans Souci

Oh, no. I hope she found it?

Sans Souci

Yesterday was another late workout, but it got done. My knees have still been really achy, so I got on the bike again. I biked for 45 min (15.15 miles) and incorporated an arm workout for about 2/3 of the biking time. I used my set of 5lb weights and did something like 10-12 sets of chest presses, bicep curls and tricep presses. I also geared my pedaling like a spin workout and rather than maintain a set speed, I kept in tempo with the music. After the bike, I tried to use the squat machine. I got in a set of 10, but my knees just said no. I decided to grab my 10lb kettlebell and see if my knees would allow for that. Funny how that didn't bother me at all...did three sets of swings and three sets of standing rows...both with freestanding squats incorporated into the movement. I added in some adductor and abductor work in between sets, used my step bench for some planking that put less pressure on my back, and then some final stretching.

Demo has already started on our half bath, but the shower glass came in ahead of schedule for the master. It had to cure overnight, but we're excited to finally be able to use the finished shower tonight. It's an odd sized shower, so we just went with a fixed panel. We debated on width quite a bit. I just really hope things don't splash too much.

50857564916_f00e847beb_z.jpg

We once rented an apartment that had a fixed shower door and it was fine. I was concerned about splashing, too, but it was a non-issue. I liked it. It was easier to clean than a sliding door, too.

Sans Souci

Our elliptical machine broke so we decided to buy a rowing machine as it was much cheaper than an elliptical and it will give us a different type of work out for awhile. It should be fun, my mom had a rowing machine when I was a kid and it was fun to use.

That's awesome. 🎉 I hope you and your husband enjoy it. I bet you can find rowing videos of different locations on YouTube to watch on your phone as you row.

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀️

I'm in with a full body workout, I guess. It has a title, but some of them are so silly. I used my kettle bell, jump rope, free weights and my pull up tower. The last time I did this workout was a year ago and I beat my time by a minute. I am not sure I believe that.

I was bored yesterday and I decided to go retro. I made a sock-it-to-me bundt cake. 🤣 I need to find better things to do with my time, because I ended up eating more of it than I wanted.

I started making a loaf of sourdough last night. I fed my starter last night, but when I looked at it this morning, it looked like it hadn't been fed at all. So, I stuck it in my furnace/water heater closet and I hope that jolts it into action. This might be a sign from the universe that I need to stop baking and consuming so many baked goods. I might need to make soap again or pick up a new hobby.

I hope everyone has a happy Friday. 🎉

HouCuseChickie

Our elliptical machine broke so we decided to buy a rowing machine as it was much cheaper than an elliptical and it will give us a different type of work out for awhile. It should be fun, my mom had a rowing machine when I was a kid and it was fun to use.

Funny, one of my good friends just ditched his treadmill and bought a rower. We've spent the last two weeks looking at various options on the market. I know he's really looking forward to his too. Enjoy!

HouCuseChickie

Crazy, but it happens. This was for her select team, which is outside of school, so no locker room. Coach had them do some punishment exercises and drills at the end of practice because they weren't working hard enough. She was really drained, so if it wasn't with all of her other stuff that she dropped on the field for drills (like maybe she tossed it off to the side), it's possible she could have missed it. Her glove is black, so it doesn't stand out as much. It's also possible another kid picked it up. Coach confirmed it wasn't in the dugout when they did their final sweep the other night, but he needs to check the team trailer and I'm waiting on parents to check their kids' bags to see if anyone came home with two gloves. We drove up to the fields yesterday after work/school...lucked out that the grounds crews still had the gates open...but unfortunately it wasn't on the field or in the lost and found. In the meantime, she's using my husband's old glove. He bought her a new one, but won't start breaking it in until we get final confirmation that nobody else on the team grabbed it.

HouCuseChickie

We once rented an apartment that had a fixed shower door and it was fine. I was concerned about splashing, too, but it was a non-issue. I liked it. It was easier to clean than a sliding door, too.

I had wanted a fixed door for the guest bath, but I was overruled because of the splash worries. We tried out the master shower last night and very little splash issue. That showerhead also points straight down, so that helps as well. And you're right about the ease with cleaning a fixed pane.

HouCuseChickie

Today is my rest day...well, at least from working out. So far, it doesn't feel overly restful, but that's probably because I was pulling out of the driveway at 6:20am to get the older one to school and the younger one has tournament pool games starting at 8:15pm tonight. At least she's the only one playing this weekend. My friend is driving up to my side of town tomorrow morning so we can do our virtual Hot Chocolate 5k. The younger one doesn't start play until 7pm tomorrow night, so I'm going to head back out for another 3 miles after the 5k and then hit the gym to wind down. No crazy costumes this time, but I am thinking of doing a tribute to chocolate...brown running pants for milk or dark chocolate, white tank top for white chocolate, and pink hoodie for ruby chocolate.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That's awesome. 🎉 I hope you and your husband enjoy it. I bet you can find rowing videos of different locations on YouTube to watch on your phone as you row.

Good idea! I know my hubs usually watches a show and I do too on the ellipical but we also had a window to look out at the same time. The rowing machine is in the basement, not much to look at there except plastic tubs and the washer & dryer!

Songbird76

Crazy, but it happens. This was for her select team, which is outside of school, so no locker room. Coach had them do some punishment exercises and drills at the end of practice because they weren't working hard enough. She was really drained, so if it wasn't with all of her other stuff that she dropped on the field for drills (like maybe she tossed it off to the side), it's possible she could have missed it. Her glove is black, so it doesn't stand out as much. It's also possible another kid picked it up. Coach confirmed it wasn't in the dugout when they did their final sweep the other night, but he needs to check the team trailer and I'm waiting on parents to check their kids' bags to see if anyone came home with two gloves. We drove up to the fields yesterday after work/school...lucked out that the grounds crews still had the gates open...but unfortunately it wasn't on the field or in the lost and found. In the meantime, she's using my husband's old glove. He bought her a new one, but won't start breaking it in until we get final confirmation that nobody else on the team grabbed it.
I'm betting someone has to have it....it couldn't have grown legs and walked away. The question is whether or not they will admit to having it. I hope it's just an honest mistake or that someone saw it lying there and picked it up so it didn't get left behind. When A was in elementary school, he somehow came home with someone elses pants because he got them mixed up after PE. I washed them and sent them back with a note to the teacher to please ask who had A's. It all worked out. The boys just strip down and throw their regular clothes on the floor, so when they change back, they had to rummage through the piles of clothes to find their own, and apparenly little boys don't pay a lot of attention to what they are wearing! 😂

I hope your daughter gets the glove back!

Sans Souci

This is part of why I stopped with cakes, outside of special occasions. I don't have a ton of time for hobbies right now, but I keep thinking candles might be an interesting thing to try.

If you're interested in making candles, you might want to check out Brambleberry.com. They used to stock only soaping ingredients and supplies, but they've branched out into DIY candles, among other things. I buy some soaping items there. She has the best selection of scent oils and colorants. Other stuff, like glycerine, I buy at Amazon.

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀️

Checking in with a full body workout. It was short, tough and sweaty, but I felt good when I was done.

I tried making another loaf of sourdough and it just was not raising, even though my sourdough starter was active and bubbly when I added it to the dough. I kept it overnight in my little "proofing room" and when I woke up I had a peek at it. It was flat with few bubbles. I decided to keep it in there while I worked out and to throw it out afterwards. I forgot about it after my workout and then about 3 hours later, I went downstairs to take care of it. It had gotten very puffy, so my husband suggested that I had nothing to lose and to bake it. It was really hard to handle, which makes me think it's overproofed.

It is done, it looks good--it's a very burnished brown, with little blisters and crackly crust. It sprung up a bit, too, so it's not a flatbread. I am not sure what it looks like inside. It might look like a cave again. It also smelled assertively sour (but not 'off') when I was shaping it, so I am sure 24 hours in a warm room is going to make a tangy loaf. But, like my husband said, I had nothing to lose. It need to cool down for a few hours before I find out. :)

HouCuseChickie

I'm betting someone has to have it....it couldn't have grown legs and walked away. The question is whether or not they will admit to having it. I hope it's just an honest mistake or that someone saw it lying there and picked it up so it didn't get left behind. When A was in elementary school, he somehow came home with someone elses pants because he got them mixed up after PE. I washed them and sent them back with a note to the teacher to please ask who had A's. It all worked out. The boys just strip down and throw their regular clothes on the floor, so when they change back, they had to rummage through the piles of clothes to find their own, and apparenly little boys don't pay a lot of attention to what they are wearing! 😂

I hope your daughter gets the glove back!

Thanks! The coach of that team shared a glove pic this morning that appears to be hers, so I think we're going to get it back and the new one they bought can be returned. Hers has some dark purple lacing in one area, so it stands out against the many other black gloves. Thankfully, gloves are less likely to be swiped because they're sort of broken in like memory foam. i.e. it's broken in according to the user and another person probably won't play as well with it. Bats are another story. So so so so thankful it wasn't a bat. While there are some really pricey gloves out there for pitchers, catchers and first basemen...pretty much all of these kids have at least two very pricey bats in their bags that can still fetch some really good $ in the resale market. The pants story reminds me of when the girls were in preschool. They'd have to bring home extra clothes each week to be washed and we wound up with other people's stuff all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom