working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Oh no....I hope that the stylist with the kidney transplant isn't one who got Covid. If he's the only one taking precautions, it's not surprising that it's making the rounds there, but that means he's at risk, too!

I'd say go with your gut on it....doubt means don't. It's not worth paying money for something that you might regret later. Can you not request the guy you like?

I was thinking that, too. Unfortunately, I can't book with him, because he's basically been to help the other stylists with disinfecting/taking temps, etc. He's not doing hair. I think someone begged him to come back in.

Yeah, I am taking the phone call as a sign to hang back.

Sans Souci

Good morning

I did a lower body workout from my other subscription. It was a timed workout and I was a little slower than the last time I did it, which was Nov. 10, 2019. It was a tough and sweaty workout, though. I felt strong for finishing it. 💪

I am going to get out for a walk later. It's fairly mild today.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Today is a break day, but I did finally manage to get in my workout last night. My back is still giving me some issues and I was really sore from kettlebells, so I decided to take it easy and just bike...slower speed, but longer time. Went a little over 17 miles. I then worked on my upper back and shoulders with my little 5lb weights since those won't aggravate much. And then...stretching. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, but the older one has softball for the high school team between 8-11 tomorrow...before heading across town to meet up with her other team for tournament ball. I think I'm going to park at the high school and go walking from there.

I also wanted to share master bathroom pics. We're waiting on the shower glass as well as a few knobs and pulls (accidentally thrown away and had to be repurchased), but we're just about done. My phone's camera is making the walls look like a more saturated blue than they really are. It is blue...but not quite that bright in person.

50836949907_b051f77af1_z.jpg

50836921657_096e28b87f_z.jpg

50836837011_615316c6d5_z.jpg

50836929012_1f7c82a0dd_z.jpg

50836949857_03dc906848_z.jpg

50836117058_9abbbf0836_z.jpg

50836844121_9dc6d4dd49_z.jpg

50836844186_59309a908d_z.jpg

50836117143_5f0238afd3_z.jpg

50815160611_8d8bd51376_z.jpg

We were going to go for a barn door style shower door with black rollers at the top, but it's such a small space that we decided a single panel of fixed glass was the way to go.

Sans Souci

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Today is a break day, but I did finally manage to get in my workout last night. My back is still giving me some issues and I was really sore from kettlebells, so I decided to take it easy and just bike...slower speed, but longer time. Went a little over 17 miles. I then worked on my upper back and shoulders with my little 5lb weights since those won't aggravate much. And then...stretching. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, but the older one has softball for the high school team between 8-11 tomorrow...before heading across town to meet up with her other team for tournament ball. I think I'm going to park at the high school and go walking from there.

I also wanted to share master bathroom pics. We're waiting on the shower glass as well as a few knobs and pulls (accidentally thrown away and had to be repurchased), but we're just about done. My phone's camera is making the walls look like a more saturated blue than they really are. It is blue...but not quite that bright in person.

50836949907_b051f77af1_z.jpg

50836921657_096e28b87f_z.jpg

50836837011_615316c6d5_z.jpg

50836929012_1f7c82a0dd_z.jpg

50836949857_03dc906848_z.jpg

50836117058_9abbbf0836_z.jpg

50836844121_9dc6d4dd49_z.jpg

50836844186_59309a908d_z.jpg

50836117143_5f0238afd3_z.jpg

50815160611_8d8bd51376_z.jpg

We were going to go for a barn door style shower door with black rollers at the top, but it's such a small space that we decided a single panel of fixed glass was the way to go.

It's beautiful! 😍I really like the natural rock on the shower floor. Is the barn door pictured the door to/from your bedroom?

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a workout today called "Cardio Shred #23." You had to time yourself doing three rounds of 4 exercises. It took me about 23 minutes, I think. I needed something quick anyway, because I had sourdough bread dough autolysing while I worked out. I just finished messing around with my bread now, after starting at 5:30 AM. Now, the loaves are in the fridge for their final rise for about 4-5 hours. I made the preferment last night. It is a good thing this recipe makes three loaves, because this is a lot of work for just a single loaf. But I have a feeling these loaves will be much better than my shoe leather Thanksgiving (flat) bread fiasco. So, the bar is set pretty low here.

I also made pancakes with my sourdough starter this morning. They were...different. They were pleasantly sour, but they don't fluff up like regular pancakes do. I don't know if I would make them again. I was just trying to use up my sourdough discard instead of putting it down the sink and wasting it.

I am hoping to get out for a walk later.

Take care. :)

HouCuseChickie

It's beautiful! 😍I really like the natural rock on the shower floor. Is the barn door pictured the door to/from your bedroom?

The barn door connects the bedroom to the bathroom. Our master bedroom furniture is a similar stain and the bigger pieces have similar barn doors. So, I tried to tie the bathroom door into the furniture. It's also why I opted for that theme with the mirrors. I love the shower floor, but I'm hoping it darkens over time. I really thought that grout would be darker, but it ended up looking very similar to the bright white used on the wall tiles.

HouCuseChickie

Been keeping up with my fitness. Friday was a nice break day, but I was out early yesterday to walk. I put in 5.25 miles before cooling down for a little over 3 miles on the bike. Then I worked on arms and upper back for a bit. Today, my younger one had a scrimmage, so I took the long way to the fields...getting in a 5 mile walk to meet everyone up there. Rather than bike it out to cool down...I paced! It's what ever parent does when their kid is struggling. Hey, it made up another 1,000 or so steps!

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in my workout. I cancelled my other service and I am using this one for now. I just want to do quick, intense workouts and get on with my day. I know this will change, but this is where I am right now. I got a pull up/chin up tower for Christmas last year (2019) and she uses this a lot in her workouts. I am really weak, I need to use an assist band to do both! :hilarious: I think a personal goal might be being able to do 3 pull ups without any assistance.

My husband and I went to Longwood Gardens today to get out the house and take in fresh air with different scenery. It was a pleasant day and we were able to find places to walk around that didn't have clusters of people.

Anyway, my sourdough bread was not as sucky as my Thanksgiving dinner bread. HOWEVER, I still have a ways to go. My first loaf was flat, which gave my Thanksgiving dinner flash backs, but loaves 2 and 3 puffed up nicely. I don't think I let the oven and Dutch oven get hot enough for long enough, because I was in a hurry. Loaf 1 was flat-ish, but had nice holes. Two and Three looked like a proper loaf of sourdough, but appearances can be deceiving. When I cut them open, the bread disappeared during baking! There were cavernous holes, like, you could go spelunking in these loaves. I think I didn't do a good job of creating tension in the dough during shaping and that is why I got these crazy pants holes. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: But what you could eat, tasted good.

E29811EF-3AF6-4FB2-BE24-5BE1A6DEA063_1_201_a.jpeg

I may or may not try again this weekend. I am tethered to the house when I bake these loaves--I can only bake a loaf at a time. I have to "stretch and pull" the dough every 25 minutes for about 3 hours, then the oven is on 500 F. Each loaf takes ~45 min, so my house gets hot. But it keeps me busy when there's nothing else going on, so I will see.

Songbird76

Hello-

Checking in my workout. I cancelled my other service and I am using this one for now. I just want to do quick, intense workouts and get on with my day. I know this will change, but this is where I am right now. I got a pull up/chin up tower for Christmas last year (2019) and she uses this a lot in her workouts. I am really weak, I need to use an assist band to do both! :hilarious: I think a personal goal might be being able to do 3 pull ups without any assistance.

My husband and I went to Longwood Gardens today to get out the house and take in fresh air with different scenery. It was a pleasant day and we were able to find places to walk around that didn't have clusters of people.

Anyway, my sourdough bread was not as sucky as my Thanksgiving dinner bread. HOWEVER, I still have a ways to go. My first loaf was flat, which gave my Thanksgiving dinner flash backs, but loaves 2 and 3 puffed up nicely. I don't think I let the oven and Dutch oven get hot enough for long enough, because I was in a hurry. Loaf 1 was flat-ish, but had nice holes. Two and Three looked like a proper loaf of sourdough, but appearances can be deceiving. When I cut them open, the bread disappeared during baking! There were cavernous holes, like, you could go spelunking in these loaves. I think I didn't do a good job of creating tension in the dough during shaping and that is why I got these crazy pants holes. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: But what you could eat, tasted good.

View attachment 524982

I may or may not try again this weekend. I am tethered to the house when I bake these loaves--I can only bake a loaf at a time. I have to "stretch and pull" the dough every 25 minutes for about 3 hours, then the oven is on 500 F. Each loaf takes ~45 min, so my house gets hot. But it keeps me busy when there's nothing else going on, so I will see.
Wow that sounds like a lot of work!! I'm sure it's worth it if it turns out right, but I would be too frustrated and impatient by this point. Although, like you said, if there's nothing else going on, why not?

Sans Souci

Wow that sounds like a lot of work!! I'm sure it's worth it if it turns out right, but I would be too frustrated and impatient by this point. Although, like you said, if there's nothing else going on, why not?

Yeah, I've done some reading up and I see where I could have gone wrong. I'd like to have another crack at it, but it's kind of dangerous to have so many loaves of bread in the house--even though it doesn't seem like there is much! :hilarious:

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I'm checking in with a 15 minute workout that used dumbbells and sliding discs. It was challenging, but I know I have room for improvement.

I'm getting out for a walk later.

I made a really tasty, vegan and gluten free dinner last night, if anyone is interested. Here is the video. You don't have to watch the video, the instructions are in the description box. It is going to be my lunch today, too.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning! I'm still trying to figure out what and when for today's workout, but yesterday, I was inspired a bit by my older daughter. School softball season is officially starting up and she's getting more gym workouts before field practices. They did some circuit work yesterday involving things like kettlebells and step benches, so I tried something like that at home. I did a 30 minute kettlebell workout, but I incorporated my step bench and twist plate into some of the exercises with the lightest bell. Individually, none of this is particularly difficult, but keeping it going like a cardio workout and combining it with the more grounded stuff (like the deadlifts and swings) with the heavier bells...well...it was tough, but really good. I followed up with 30 minutes and cool down on the bike, which added up to 10 miles.

Speaking of softball, school ball has officially started up for the older one. It's going to be getting me up early most days, but the time is inconsistent. I'm really not feeling the early morning stuff these days, so I'm thinking during my lunch break or after work on weekdays is going to be the best. She had to be at school at 6:30am today and will have some days where it's 5:45am (at least once a week). The 6:30 days don't get me home until 6:45, which isn't enough time. I do better with consistency, so I'll have to figure something out.

On the food front, I've been obsessed with chicken salad of late. I have no idea why! I go pretty light on the mayo (Hubby feels it's borderline too dry). I guess maybe it's my body trying to tell me something.

HouCuseChickie

I guess I'm going to be trying to adapt to a later day workout. Last night, the energy and motivation didn't hit me until just after 6:30pm. I still really wasn't feeling it, but I seized what little motivation I had and used it to just get on the bike. Not the most exciting workout, but 60 minutes...18.50 miles. I followed it with 3 sets of tricep presses, standing rows, and shoulder presses. Then ended with some stretching. The only bad part with a late workout is that I don't sleep well...ok, that and I get hungry at odd hours of the night. I didn't feed that hunger, but it didn't help my sleep.

Sans Souci

Good morning! I'm still trying to figure out what and when for today's workout, but yesterday, I was inspired a bit by my older daughter. School softball season is officially starting up and she's getting more gym workouts before field practices. They did some circuit work yesterday involving things like kettlebells and step benches, so I tried something like that at home. I did a 30 minute kettlebell workout, but I incorporated my step bench and twist plate into some of the exercises with the lightest bell. Individually, none of this is particularly difficult, but keeping it going like a cardio workout and combining it with the more grounded stuff (like the deadlifts and swings) with the heavier bells...well...it was tough, but really good. I followed up with 30 minutes and cool down on the bike, which added up to 10 miles.

Speaking of softball, school ball has officially started up for the older one. It's going to be getting me up early most days, but the time is inconsistent. I'm really not feeling the early morning stuff these days, so I'm thinking during my lunch break or after work on weekdays is going to be the best. She had to be at school at 6:30am today and will have some days where it's 5:45am (at least once a week). The 6:30 days don't get me home until 6:45, which isn't enough time. I do better with consistency, so I'll have to figure something out.

On the food front, I've been obsessed with chicken salad of late. I have no idea why! I go pretty light on the mayo (Hubby feels it's borderline too dry). I guess maybe it's my body trying to tell me something.

Wow, I am impressed that they are using kettlebells for training in grade school sports. Good for her! I only got my first kettlebell in 2017. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

I guess I'm going to be trying to adapt to a later day workout. Last night, the energy and motivation didn't hit me until just after 6:30pm. I still really wasn't feeling it, but I seized what little motivation I had and used it to just get on the bike. Not the most exciting workout, but 60 minutes...18.50 miles. I followed it with 3 sets of tricep presses, standing rows, and shoulder presses. Then ended with some stretching. The only bad part with a late workout is that I don't sleep well...ok, that and I get hungry at odd hours of the night. I didn't feed that hunger, but it didn't help my sleep.

That hunger in bed happens to me if I am hit with insomnia. I'll wake up at 2-3 AM, trying in vain to get back to sleep. Then I eventually get hungry with a growling stomach and it's only 3-4 AM. It makes it impossible to get back to sleep. :grumpy:

Sans Souci

Hello :D

I'm checking in with a YouTube video that was 30 minutes. I followed that up with 10 minutes of stretching.
Here's an equipment-free workout, if anyone is interested. I like her and her philosophy on fitness and eating. She has a PhD in Biology and she does a lot of videos breaking down peer-reviewed articles about exercising and diet. She also does a lot of debunking of Tik Tok dieting trends, because there is a lot of nonsense (some of it dangerous) floating around out there.

That was this AM, then the day went downhill from there. A heating pad and hot drinks on the sofa were the order of the day. :hilarious: I was going to go for a walk, but I just felt so awful today. I'll get back up on the horse tomorrow. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀️

Just checking in with an upper body workout. It used my balance ball, my bosu, a kettlebell and my pull up tower. It was only 15 minutes minus warm up and cool down, but that seems like a lot of equipment for such a short workout. :hilarious: It wasn't a big calorie burner, but my Fitbit decided to pause itself and I didn't notice for 5 minutes, which is 1/3 of the workout. But I felt like I was working hard.

I am hoping to get out for a walk today.

I am starting my second attempt at an edible loaf of sourdough tonight. I found a sourdough YouTube channel that is a pretty exhaustive resource for sourdough and bread making in general. He has a website, too. He's an engineer, so his website is flow charts and spread sheets, but I am able to pick out the info I need. His recipe/method is a little different, so I will try it. I just think there is a lot of trial and error when making sourdough bread. I'd be ok with it, but mistakes you can't eat are wasteful.

HouCuseChickie

Yesterday was another late workout, but it got done. My knees have still been really achy, so I got on the bike again. I biked for 45 min (15.15 miles) and incorporated an arm workout for about 2/3 of the biking time. I used my set of 5lb weights and did something like 10-12 sets of chest presses, bicep curls and tricep presses. I also geared my pedaling like a spin workout and rather than maintain a set speed, I kept in tempo with the music. After the bike, I tried to use the squat machine. I got in a set of 10, but my knees just said no. I decided to grab my 10lb kettlebell and see if my knees would allow for that. Funny how that didn't bother me at all...did three sets of swings and three sets of standing rows...both with freestanding squats incorporated into the movement. I added in some adductor and abductor work in between sets, used my step bench for some planking that put less pressure on my back, and then some final stretching.

Demo has already started on our half bath, but the shower glass came in ahead of schedule for the master. It had to cure overnight, but we're excited to finally be able to use the finished shower tonight. It's an odd sized shower, so we just went with a fixed panel. We debated on width quite a bit. I just really hope things don't splash too much.

50857564916_f00e847beb_z.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom