Tomorrowland new entrance

mickEblu

I think it's the two distinct architectural styles. The planters look totally different from the rest of the land. It would have turned out great in 5 years if there was no pandemic when the entire land got redesigned to look like those planters, but now we're just gonna have a really distinct astro orbiter next to these white mid-century planters.

Yeah I think you nailed it. I like the planters and flowers in and of themselves but they re clashing.

D.Silentu

Starcraft was very popular around the time the new (for the '90s) Tomorrowland debuted. The entrance rocks always reminded me of the minerals in Starcraft. Fitting, as their time has long come and gone.

Last edited:

mickEblu

New version looks lame. It's just ovalish patches of grass with railings and flowers. The rocks were cool, but if they had to go, they could have done better than oval grass with flowers.

I didn’t like the rocks at all but have to admit they worked more with the surrounding area and Astro Orbitor than what I’m seeing in the concept art

George Lucas on a Bench

They're Baxter rocks. Big copper versions of these.

unnamed.jpg

D.Silentu

I rode the Indiana Jones Adventure the year it opened, and yet in my memory the wait for that ride was nothing compared to slog that it took to get on the Rocket Rods.

SuddenStorm

****es me off I didn’t get to ride. I went once the year they opened and they were closed of course. Then again, I did get to ride Superstar Limo so I suppose it makes up for it

And here I am asking my parents if they ever took me into Country Bear Jamboree while I was a toddler before it closed. My mom said she did... but I'm not sure if she was telling the truth or trying to make me happy.

mickEblu

And here I am asking my parents if they ever took me into Country Bear Jamboree while I was a toddler before it closed. My mom said she did... but I'm not sure if she was telling the truth or trying to make me happy.

I want to ask my mom the same about ATIS but I’m 110% sure she’d have no idea what I’m talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom