Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

I’m not knowledgeable enough to say since I’ve only been to the park once. I’m not sure what to compare it to.
Normally they fill every ride vehicle when I was there it was every other and then they would spray the empty ones down with yellow chemicals. I was just wondering if they were still doing this if so it’s going to make for some really long lines as crowds increase.

Lora Baines Bradley

Normally they fill every ride vehicle when I was there it was every other and then they would spray the empty ones down with yellow chemicals. I was just wondering if they were still doing this if so it’s going to make for some really long lines as crowds increase.
Hmm, I haven’t seen any CMs spraying down, but I believe this happens every 2 hours. Did fill every other ride vehicle, however.

Miss Bella

As a New Yorker (and as the idiot who began this thread), more bombs were lobbed at us whilst we were in the bowels of hell back in the Spring than anything nowadays. So, boo hoo to folks in other states who couldn't and can't stand the heat.
Ive never lobbed bombs at New York or any other state for the reason you speak of. I’m obviously on the other side of the issue.

Miss Bella

Hmm, I haven’t seen any CMs spraying down, but I believe this happens every 2 hours. Did fill every other ride vehicle, however.
Things have changed then. It was really low crowds when I was there if it wasn’t for the empty ride vehicles every line would have been 5 minutes. It still wasn’t bad the longest lines I ever saw was 30. I don’t think I’ll ever experience WDW like that again.

lazyboy97o

I posted about this last week but the wait times are most certainly inflated to keep people out of queues. Line for BTMR was out the door and posted time was ~50 mins. We waited maybe 20. MMRR was posted 90, we waited 45. They’re running out of queue space. I hope they start rolling out virtual queues when they do increase capacity. We rode everything at HS except Aliens and still had time to walk and enjoy the atmosphere.
Virtual queues won’t really solve this problem. The people queued up into walkways would still be out in the walkways but they would be free roaming and not contained and occupied. Worse, many of these people could also be occupying a physical queue.

DisneyCane

What’s the big deal on deaths??? It’s a timing lag Or It’s all just old people who were going to die soon anyway Or guys that died in motorcycle crashes and got labeled Covid deaths, Or if you prefer...they almost all had a co-morbidity so they aren’t real Covid deaths. Did I miss any of them??? ;););)
Well, for Florida the percentages have held since the beginning. 82% of deaths were age 65+ and 32% were age 85+. The latter is only 3% of recorded cases. Just sayin...

Kevin_W

I've said this before, but it's the lag time in officially recording deaths. The actual date of deaths would show a longer line representative of a top of a mesa, and a steeper drop to today.

I've also pointed out some of the "at least it's useful" graphs the people who are "very concerned" about how data is released and presented to the media, so here are a couple more.

First, actual date of death in Florida

Second, graph showing the increasing lag in recording data. You can see that when the wave started in July, most deaths were recorded within 5 days. Now it's stretched to almost a month.

Thanks for those graphs. That's... really weird. I would assume that death reporting lag would be a constant (as seemed to be the case for ~3 months), or possibly a direct correlation the the # of deaths. No idea why lag would increase so dramatically recently.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
More info on children and CV19...

With 1.3 billion people jostling for space, India has always been a hospitable environment for infectious diseases of every kind. And the coronavirus has proved to be no exception: The country now has more than six million cases, second only to the United States.
An ambitious study of nearly 85,000 of those cases and nearly 600,000 of their contacts, published Wednesday in the journal Science, offers important insights not just for India, but for other low- and middle-income countries.
Among the surprises: The median hospital stay before death from Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, was five days in India, compared with two weeks in the United States, possibly because of limited access to quality care. And the trend in increasing deaths with age seemed to drop off after age 65 — perhaps because Indians who live past that age tend to be relatively wealthy and have access to good health care. The contact tracing study also found that children of all ages can become infected with the coronavirus and spread it to others — offering compelling evidence on one of the most divisive questions about the virus.
And the report confirmed, as other studies have, that a small number of people are responsible for seeding a vast majority of new infections.
For example, more than 5,300 school-aged children in the study had infected 2,508 contacts but were more likely to spread the virus to other children of a similar age. Because the researchers were not able to get information for all of the contacts, they could not assess the children’s ability to transmit relative to adults. But the finding has relevance in the school debate, as some people have argued that children spread the virus to a negligible degree, if at all.
“The claims that children have no role in the infection process are certainly not correct,” Dr. Lewnard said. “There’s, granted, not an enormous number of kids in the contact tracing data, but those who are in it are certainly transmitting.”

Chi84

Premium Member
I don’t agree with the other poster whose position (which I didn’t intend to discuss again) is that the lives of older Americans have less value because a lot of the people were close to death anyway. I don’t discount people that way.
That poster believes older Americans have less value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom