News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
None that I can reveal. But my 87% track record, not including being correct about Mulan 4 months ago, means you need a little less grains of salt.

53%

According to a real insider.

I’m prefacing this with I value your insight, I know that most of it comes from a real place, and 53% is still a pretty good batting average, but, if you don’t mind, I went ahead and “FTFY” above.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Is the DLR now and forever the playground for the execs to dump their bad ideas into? Pixar Pier, hyperspace mountain, all of Tomorrowland and the garbage they put in the theater, guardians, PatF mountain.. (an enormous star wars land with only 2 rides, if that counts). I mean at least some of the changes at WDW make a shred of sense.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, Disney hasn't even cleansed Hopper.
Well Hopper is broken enough that it solves its own problem. But John Lasseter's name is on every Pixar movie, they're not going to pull all that from the parks any time soon.

This was a longer post but then I recognized I was way off base from "attraction discussion only". So um... lean into the Rivers of America theming and the Bayou fits I guess.

WildRide

I’ve thought about this retheme for quite some time now....

I don’t particularly want either to go away, but of we ended up splitting the difference and only had Disneyland change it’s theme that wouldn’t be the worst compromise. Thematically you’re destroying Frontierland, but at least at DL you could stretch New Orleans square from pirates, through HM and over to a bayou themed area.

that’s less offensive at least to story and cohesion than just dropping the bayou next to thunder in Orlando

LittleBuford

that’s less offensive at least to story and cohesion than just dropping the bayou next to thunder in Orlando

The current ride is already described as “a colorful Southern bayou” by Disney:

Of all the objections that people have expressed about the retheme, the one about clashing with Frontierland makes the least sense to me given that the land is already geographically discordant.

Last edited:

KevinPage

Already been said but there are no mountains in southern Louisiana.

But they can simply remove MOUNTAIN from the name of the attraction (which I’m sure they will).

And just because it has hills doesn’t mean it doesn’t “fit” Louisiana. I’m sure there are hills or up/down parts in those dang swamps.

The only issue is how to tie this into New Orleans with a big swath of Frontierland in between the two.

Maybe the characters went on trip or something? That’s something for WDI to figure out and really seems like the easy part. I’m much more concerned about the focus on the ride experience itself and making it as whiz bang and up to date as possible 🤩🤩🤩

MickeyLuv'r

It is also possible that the word mountain will be dropped from the name of the re-themed attraction.

The drop could be re-themed as time travel.

Maybe after the drop we get to see Tiana imparting her wisdom to the next generation.

Texas84

And just because it has hills doesn’t mean it doesn’t “fit” Louisiana. I’m sure there are hills or up/down parts in those dang swamps.

I spent a year there working on a project. The closest thing to a hill is the Avery Island salt dome where they make Tabasco. And that's not much above sea level.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Already been said but there are no mountains in southern Louisiana.

Already been said several times that there ain't no mountain in SotS, just a small hill which is more of a mound.

There ain't no flood or river journey in SotS.

The actual ride is not mountainous, it's only a 50' drop.

The drop in the ride represents being thrown into a briar patch, it is not meant to represent plunging down a mountainous river.

The name of the ride can (and most likely will) drop the "Mountain" appellation (which it shouldn't have had from the beginning, but was given just to mirror Space Mountain's name).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom