News People mover now reopened!

Walt d

Was at MK yesterday. Around 6PM, I talked with the CM who was in front of the TTA...they said it would not be opening today. I never went back later to check, but at that point, it was highly unlikely.
I hope its going to be ok” really like this ride, lets keep Bobby i away from it now. We dont need a nee ride now! This is just fine bobby now.

jt04

Is Disney having issues sourcing replacement LIMs? I'm assuming those aren't something they can easily whip up in house.

Just a random theory I had was that the ride might consume more electricity than most any other and keeping it offline is a cost saver. But your theory makes sense.

Disney needs its own robust parts manufacturing on site. Pretty easy these days to set one up.

Goofnut1980

I have said this to some Disney friends. But they spend the money on Galaxys Edge. Yet basic Maintenance is not kept up on attractions like the bridge in Kilimanjaro Safari or sound levels in CoP are not kept up. How do we expect them to fix something like the lights that blink on the walls of GE when they just keep building things and spending the money there.

DVCakaCarlF

I have said this to some Disney friends. But they spend the money on Galaxys Edge. Yet basic Maintenance is not kept up on attractions like the bridge in Kilimanjaro Safari or sound levels in CoP are not kept up. How do we expect them to fix something like the lights that blink on the walls of GE when they just keep building things and spending the money there.
Different sources of money.

DVCakaCarlF

It still doesn’t make any sense, though...I feel the same way.

celluloid

Man, a Magic Kingdom with all the modifications due to the Virus aside, no WDW Railroad or Peoplemover would be sad enough as it is. Clearly they are not hitting good numbers with capacity restrictions as those attractions closed decrease the capacity even more.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
:arghh:

CA244C7F-3857-4274-A5C9-F4E78A3E5824.jpeg

Creathir

Apparently cast members on the ground are saying to expect it not to be back up this summer, as they are replacing every magnetic linear induction motor on the track.
Not sure how much they would know, but if that is indeed the case, the downtime would actually be quite good for the attraction.

Getting all of the motors replaced should improve its reliability going forward.

Thelazer

If it’s a special order part or item needed which needs special fabrication, the current global health crisis is likely playing a role in the delay.

It's all OLD LEGACY parts... I mean, nothing wrong with that.. that stuff lasts FOREVER, but replacements are not possible in some cases.

For some reason I see safety getting involved saying, you can't have cars anymore that can't E-stop on a dime, and etc..etc..

I wouldn't be shocked if they end up scrapping the rehab half way thru and end up putting new tech in just because that would end up being faster and cheaper (call up sally corp, off the shelf ride track and go..)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom