Augh.. I feel like the Harbinger of Doom recently with my posts.. Tom Sawyer's Island will not be opening up again...

Moka

Curious to know how some of the ride seating will work for some of the attractions that DO reopen. Something like Dinosaur, is the seating area even big enough for more than a family?? A few in the front, maybe in the back and no middle? Same with Splash. Front, no middle sections, back?

WDW Pro

Yeah, it has gotten some long overdue love in recent years, it's just a logistical nightmare. If it did not require crammed skiffs to get over there, maybe more thought would have gone into opening it. But between the crammed skiffs and the overall size of it, it would be insane to properly staff.

As sad as TSI closure is, I may have something even worse tomorrow. Waiting on confirmation from two people though. I think it has legs and makes sense, just wanna get ducks in a row before I say anything.

I think we both have heard the same thing. However, I can confirm that TSI is temporary closure for the first phase of opening.

If what you're waiting has anything to do with Space Mountain, we're on the same page.

Hotamber

In Disneyland they filled in the back island and river around to make a new walkway. Disney also looks at how much each area makes vs its cost to run and maintain which is also bad for the island.

TrainsOfDisney

In Disneyland they filled in the back island and river around to make a new walkway. Disney also looks at how much each area makes vs its cost to run and maintain which is also bad for the island.

I think you may have proven the opposite point you were trying to make... Disneyland spent an insane amount of money to keep the island.

jensenrick

It is not CoP, from what here that is one of the few untouchables. Other than doing updates to the now dated last scene, it will stick around.

But on the other hand, they could rip out the skinny seats they have now, and replace them with big, cushy padded (which inherently would involve more distancing) and voila- a better attraction, helping reduce spread, and an even better napping opportunity. ;)

Captain Neo

Sucks about Tom Sawyer island but shame on Disney for spending years building stupid kids playgrounds in the parks. It’s the total antithesis of what Disney parks are supposed to be.

MaryJaneP

OK. Walkway is one solution. Two swing bridges like they have over canal from GF to MK. One in, the other one out (gotta keep that social distance). Swing outta the way for riverboat. Now, the next problem is where to find the money for that?

ppete1975

I believe you. It's just interesting how theme parks will handle this
splash draws a lot of people, tom sawyer not really. In my opinion there is theater here, make it appear like you are doing some things to cut down on the fear. So some moves they do will prob be unnecessary or not really make total sense if you dive into the science. But from a PR pov looks good.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Interesting though. It's one of the places easiest to imagine people successfully distancing, so it doesnt seem likenthe island itself is a big problem. Same with the skiffs. If they're going to worry about skiffs then how do you do Jungle Cruise and AK Safari? And those are at least outdoor examples before getting into any indoor vehicle with loads of people. TSI feels more like a cut for sake of cutting something.

Curious if Space Mountain is the specific example of if it's more of a clue, like "do with Space Mountain" means more tangentially related, e.g. the people mover. The suspense!

WDW Guru

If what you're waiting has anything to do with Space Mountain, we're on the same page.

tenor.gif

Magic Feather

Ok, y’all. If we are going to keep making a new thread every time that there is reason to believe a new thing won’t reopen initially with the parks, there would be dozens of threads that would fill at least three full pages. Between this and mermaid, this is becoming a really bad habit that will only clog the forums. Let’s try not to set a bad precedent, and keep it within the exiting COVID-19 threads.

djkidkaz

It has been said quite a few times but none of the parks are going to be operating all of their attractions at first, so this wouldn’t be a surprise. I’m sure the list will continue to grow.

Another interesting element is people who have AP’s. When they open the parks with a largely modified experience do you still start the ticker running on those AP’s?

TrainsOfDisney

Another interesting element is people who have AP’s. When they open the parks with a largely modified experience do you still start the ticker running on those AP’s?

If it’s only 1 park it’s going to be a hard sell to the AP’s. I didn’t pay $1200 for an annual pass to just MK, and an MK with no characters and no entertainment at that.

If 3 of the 4 parks are open, but with limited offerings that’s a bit more reasonable to start the calendar up again. We shall see.

bcoachable

Closing TSI and replacing it with nothing may be the nail in the coffin for me. When nearly every non-spinner ride in the park is a 60+ minute wait during the day, you need non-ride things like TSI to keep guests occupied. I’ll just give more of my money to Silver Dollar City which offers a cave tour (a pretty good one) that’s complementary with admission.
Just wanted to give a second vote to Silver Dollar City- as far as theme parks go- the Herschand family has done very well... if you haven’t gone, it’s worth the trip.

KeithVH

Ok, y’all. If we are going to keep making a new thread every time that there is reason to believe a new thing won’t reopen initially with the parks, there would be dozens of threads that would fill at least three full pages. Between this and mermaid, this is becoming a really bad habit that will only clog the forums. Let’s try not to set a bad precedent, and keep it within the exiting COVID-19 threads.
I get what you are saying but - you're talking about the one with 21,000+ posts? Especially considering most everyone posting there can't agree on even the simplest of things and they all seem to have the perfect solution to run Disney in these troubled times. Uh, no thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom