Disney College Program for Fall Advantage Cancelled

po1998

My daughter was in the DCP 5 years ago and loved her time there. I feel bad that those who were sent home early, or have had there program cancelled have to reapply. Would it really be that difficult for TDO to at least give them first dibs when things get going again versus starting from scratch with application process

Lora Baines Bradley

My daughter was in the DCP 5 years ago and loved her time there. I feel bad that those who were sent home early, or have had there program cancelled have to reapply. Would it really be that difficult for TDO to at least give them first dibs when things get going again versus starting from scratch with application process
while i do agree that i wish they would throw us a bone, i’ve been told we have excellent rehire status as well as a completed program.

HauntedMansionFLA

I mean, possibly, but the rest of the fall program (not fall advantage) is still proceeding as normal. The program is cheap labor. They were planning on expanding with the new complex. why would they stop altogether? My email from disney today said they look forward to resuming the program. They were also building the complex with a university dorm company.
I had an e-mail from Disney saying they were closing for two weeks and they were looking forward to seeing us real soon.😉

peter11435

I had an e-mail from Disney saying they were closing for two weeks and they were looking forward to seeing us real soon.😉
If anything they will continue to expand the program. Think about it. Since this all began the CP’s have been the least costly and most hassle free labor for Disney to deal with. No benefits to pay out, no union to deal with, no need to pay for any time after you send them home.

HauntedMansionFLA

If anything they will continue to expand the program. Think about it. Since this all began the CP’s have been the least costly and most hassle free labor for Disney to deal with. No benefits to pay out, no union to deal with, no need to pay for any time after you send them home.
Oh, I know. I was kidding around. These kids got a dose of reality when they got sent packing. I feel bad for them because they think that they will take over the world. Some do good because of work ethic and working hard. A lot think they should be given everything because “ I have a degree “ but don’t work to earn it.
Part time employees will get pushed out or there will be less full time jobs.

Lora Baines Bradley

Oh, I know. I was kidding around. These kids got a dose of reality when they got sent packing. I feel bad for them because they think that they will take over the world. Some do good because of work ethic and working hard. A lot think they should be given everything because “ I have a degree “ but don’t work to earn it.
I don’t think you realize that CPs just lost their job. A lot of them aren’t there on their parent’s money. Some of them use the CP to escape abusive households and may end up going back if they have nowhere else.

I doubt you’d have this much criticism for someone who works at a retail store and got fired, saying that it would be a good reality check for them. CPs lost their housing and their job in one fell swoop.

I’ve certainly met CPs with the entitled attitude, but that is in the VAST minority. Please have some empathy because a lot of them spent a lot of resources to get there and may not have a good support network.

HauntedMansionFLA

I don’t think you realize that CPs just lost their job. A lot of them aren’t there on their parent’s money. Some of them use the CP to escape abusive households and may end up going back if they have nowhere else.

I doubt you’d have this much criticism for someone who works at a retail store and got fired, saying that it would be a good reality check for them. CPs lost their housing and their job in one fell swoop.

I’ve certainly met CPs with the entitled attitude, but that is in the VAST minority. Please have some empathy because a lot of them spent a lot of resources to get there and may not have a good support network.
They weren’t fired. There program was just shortened for their own safety.

JoeCamel

Circumstances change on both ends of this. 6 months to a year down the road no one has a crystal ball as to what they will be doing so a full application process is required.

DisneyDreamerxyz

I highly doubt they will be able to give any one group a preference in order to getting a job. I'm seeing alot of CPs thinking they will get special treatment when applying for Part/Full Time or applying for the next season. I don't even think they will be hiring for PT/FT for quite a while and when they do post those jobs it will be extremely competitive. It would be one thing if only Spring was affected but now that Fall Advantage was cancelled and they are telling everyone to reapply it's just going to be a mess. They are going to get the most applications they've ever seen when the next program application drops.

Brer Oswald

All the Spring/Spring Advantage CPs that were sent home lost Hub access yesterday and today we got an email that says they will not be inviting us back to finish our programs and we will have to reapply if we want to do it. (The next program is Spring 2021) :(

Also all Professional Interns were told yesterday they are losing their jobs. Which is a big deal because most PIs stay with the company in leadership roles. They don't live in housing either so they moved to Orlando and are now jobless.
Unfortunate, but that makes the decision to simply say “reapply in the future” for us makes a lot more sense.

Brer Oswald

Perhaps that’s the cynic in you. I’m way too depressed to think I can “take over the world”. I like to think I work hard, and most of the time, it pays off. If I wasn’t so passionate about Disney, I would have no desire to aim high and do great things there. I would go for a random tech company.

I know this wasn’t a jab at me specifically, but since I roughly fit the group, I felt the need to say something.

TrainsOfDisney

otherwise the workers can be like the ones you see at Six Flags etc who aren’t that motivated or exceptional.

That’s how it is in California. It’s this weird mix of older CM’s that are really great old school types, and then the six flags type that just look miserable to be there and chit-chat with their friends.

My opinion, the Florida cast made Galaxies edge as an experience about 5 times better vs. California.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I mean, they are now out of a job and income. Even though we left the company in good standing, I’d call that a lay-off at the least. For our safety? Yeah. But there’s a reason we’re all trying to file for unemployment-because we lost our job.
Job? I thought you were all college students earning credits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom