The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

So dh and I decided that it will be in youngest's best interest to join the new cheerleading gym when they open for next season. I talked to one of the coaches (the one who was youngest's coach for the last 2 out of 3 years.) She was one of the coaches that left (was fired) when this whole brouhaha began. It is sort of a franchise of a gym that started in North Carolina and has I think 14 locations. They tend to send their kids to more well known competitions which is what dd wants. She has been doing this for 5 years now. She started at 4. They will be able to bring in a lot of kids and have a good variety of teams and levels. They will also just be focused on cheer which had been a problem with the other gym. She let me know that they will definitely make sure that they discuss how they won't appreciate drama from the parents or kids. DD came out of practice yesterday a tad upset. She didn't tell me about it till we were driving home. Apparently when they were taking a water break youngest went to put her water bottle down and this other little girl wasn't paying attention and tripped over dd's leg. She was behind her so obviously she wasn't paying attention. Anyway, this other little girl (fair weather friends with the other one), told her basically that she tripped her and started getting snotty with her. 🙄 Now they have a large tv set up with video feed of the gym and I happened to notice this interaction. I said to myself that dd's body language interacting with this kid seemed off, and I noticed this other little girl wiggling her head in that snotty fashion that I abhor and would yell at my kids if I saw them act this way. I knew something was up. I was right. Just so happens that this little girl was picked on by the one she was supposedly sticking up for 2 weeks ago and needed to be consoled by 2 others. As I said, fair weather friends. I told dd not to bother with them and gave her a comeback line if such a thing were to happen again. They are both one and two years younger than her so I hope that next season they will be on different teams.

Goofyernmost

I get my raw honey from my local farm market and my inlaws pick up maple syrup from their friends in Vermont who make it themselves. Both are blue ribbon winners at their respective fairs:inlove:
Have I ever mentioned that I lived in Vermont for 50 years and I have never bought a single ounce of Maple Syrup. It's one of those products that when you question the price they will say... well, it doesn't grow on trees you know, when actually it does indeed grow on trees. Since my family and I moved to NC a decade or more ago my sister sends us all a pint of Maple Syrup at Christmas. I have used a lot more of it now then all those in state years combined. I have a couple pints that I haven't even opened yet and so do my daughters. We are thinking about combining it and trading it in for a 90 ft yacht.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom