News Tomorrowland love

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I wonder if they will remove them like they did in Disneyland. It looks so much cleaner. And with that new clean land entrance sign, they just don't fit.

I like the rocks. They give the land some needed texture and visual contrast. There's only two problems... there isn't enough of them and the rocks don't look "alien". Painting them metallic purple just makes them look like metallic purple-painted Earth rocks. If their goal was to give them an otherworldly appearance, they failed. Where's the toxic acid waterfalls, the alien spores, the whimsical flora and space shrooms? A happy balance between "Pandora" and "The Jetsons" would be the ideal visuals for Tomorrowland, IMO. Or at least make for a good complimentary backdrop to the rest of the land. Another way to tie it all together...

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't like rocks. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.
Your beak may say "no" but your nest says "yes, yes!"
1578744844370.png

The_Jobu

Dude they already said they were talking about the unused tracks at Disneyland... FOR FUTURE REFERENCE people please use specifics when you are talking about attractions closures/removals. This is how rumors get started...

Yes thanks we established that, I was making a joke in reference to the idea that wdw PM was closing.

tirian

I had two kid moments that stuck with me. Cronkites going into 180 top and hitting the music at the instrumental crescendo with the cymbals crash as we first saw the earth, and also going into the Horizons outer space scene just as it’s music also hit the right moment.
I get chills just thinking about it. The speed tunnel in WOM and the original finale in Imagination do it for me too.

At the time, classic WDI knew how to evoke emotions better than the film/animation studio.

Surferboy567

So...we have any updates on a possible refurb to COP...I feel like it’s been a long time since this was mentioned. With the 50th around the corner is it still on track to happen?

EDIT: and Happy Anniversary to COP & Space!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom